6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
No I haven't, and I won't give it a go.
20%
 20%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 49

mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

This thread is inspired by the two facts that on Wednesday night I was walking home with some friends after a pub quiz at about eleven o'clock at night, and we saw a woman doing it - we took note, saying "well I do that at home, but never in town..." - and I myself did it today when walking to and from church.

I am, of course, talking about nothing than doing the following:

It's wonderfully freeing! I did so in town. Admittedly, it was between six thirty in the evening and quarter to seven on a sunday, so it wasn't too busy with people and what-not. I was interrupted once, by someone wanting directions. Clearly she reckoned that someone who can afford to be absorbed in his book whilst getting from a to b by foot knows his way round town. Laughing

But it's great fun. It's suprising what you can see in the corners of your eyes and thus avoid bumping into people/lampposts and tripping over curbs!

I read more chapters than i've read this week in total! I aim to make this a habit! I'm keen to see how I get on on a saturday afternoon when the city is heaving with bodies! Laughing

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

Plus you guys got those padded lampposts over there, right? Wink
kulvir
Laughing Citizen

I've tried to do that but I end up endangering pedestrians with my wheelchair. Plus I start zigzagging as I drive. The same goes for texting while moving.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

uncreative wrote:
Plus you guys got those padded lampposts over there, right? Wink

Ha ha.

I'm not sure I could pull that off too effectively ...

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
seansy
Sea Post King

People find it really weird. I do this a lot. I go to the library just so i have good books to read while walking my dog. It is a favorite passtime. I like to walk far enough to get lost, while reading so i don't really take track of where I am going. And just keep walking/reading till i find a familiar place. Once i got lost for 2-3 hours Laughing
The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death
4th Month of the Year
Lost at Forum

I used to read while walking around school all the time. People always thought I'd run into something but I proved them wrong!
Cap'n O'Schovanec
Golly, Poster

I'll do it if I'm in my house. I've also been known to read while driving.

Facebook.... http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1455720010

EisleyForever wrote:

Never you mind, dearie. When a person implores your soul to watch its dead body have love made to it by an underage girl--from Texas, no less--it's okay not to respond.
Joined: 19 Mar 2007 | Posts: 662 | Location: Beaverton, Oregon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jakob d'Aulnoy
Sea Post King

I actually just did this. Smile On my way back from class to my apartment, I was reading a textbook for another class. I just pray that I am never hit by a car or something while do so.
Cap'n O'Schovanec
Golly, Poster

Jakob d'Aulnoy wrote:
I actually just did this. Smile On my way back from class to my apartment, I was reading a textbook for another class. I just pray that I am never hit by a car or something while do so.

Just never come to Oregon or you'll probably get ran over by me.

EisleyForever wrote:

Never you mind, dearie. When a person implores your soul to watch its dead body have love made to it by an underage girl--from Texas, no less--it's okay not to respond.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jakob d'Aulnoy
Sea Post King

Cap'n O'Schovanec wrote:
Jakob d'Aulnoy wrote:

Maybe even run over if I am lucky. Smile
Cap'n O'Schovanec
Golly, Poster

Jakob d'Aulnoy wrote:
Cap'n O'Schovanec wrote:
Jakob d'Aulnoy wrote:

Maybe even run over if I am lucky. Smile

Opps...I hate monday

EisleyForever wrote:

mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

seansy wrote:
. I go to the library just so i have good books to read while walking my dog. It is a favorite passtime. I like to walk far enough to get lost, while reading so i don't really take track of where I am going. And just keep walking/reading till i find a familiar place. Once i got lost for 2-3 hours Laughing

Both of these things are cool. I took it as an inspiration and walked home. With my book I walked at least 2000 metres more than I had to! And all for the sake of not wanting to put down me book!

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
mellon collie
Sea Post King

a couple weeks ago i had to finish summer reading and i only had like a day and a half to finish two books, but i had to go for a walk with my dog, so i read then. it was quite nice, to be able to multi-task like that. but i did miss looking around at my surroundings - the main reason i can't read in a car.
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

I do it occasionally, but for short periods of time, if there's something I just can't put down!
Lady_Gown
Sea Post King

Yes, a few times. It usually happens when I read in the bus and the book is so good that when I get off the bus I just have to keep reading til the chapter ends. I know people have given me weird looks, haha.
Joined: 02 May 2006 | Posts: 274 | Location: Asteroid B-612

goto page
 | next >>