Laughing City
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

tragedienne wrote:
Jared x wrote:
I think she should write a song based on the series of books anyway. If word got around, I think they would attract a new set of fans.

Nooooo! You would want to attract people like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-turfrcQY-w

Laughing

Oh come on, that's not really fair...

You didn't even post her song! Sherri doesn't need to write her own, she just needs to work on arranging a cover

Laughing Citizen

I love Twilight. More power to Sherri for enjoying something that so many people tell her to hate.

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

(blanked by author- mean post- thought better of it... too late to delete)
Last edited by inorbit on Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
stumple13
Sea Post King

guitargirl wrote:
I love Twilight. More power to Sherri for enjoying something that so many people tell her to hate.

I dont think anyone is telling her to hate it
especially "everyone", seeing as how 95% of the population seems to like the books
We just dont like the over zealous fans haha
pumamina
Golly, Poster

I've only read the first book
and the entire time i was like wtf? is this yet i love it

blisteredavalon
Sea Post King

ive never read the series (and i dont intend to... EVER)
but heres a pretty funny interpretation of the over obsessed fans of the series

http://shinga.deviantart.com/art/Head-Trip-Breaking-Dawn-98016573

vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

honestly, the writing is dismal.
Lost at Forum

vivalaspopie wrote:
honestly, the writing is dismal.

That's my problem with it. I don't care if people like the books, but I get offended when fans try to convince me that there's any merit to them outside of being a good way to kill time. It's Meyer's descriptions that get me most Rolling Eyes

Golly, Poster

Haven't read the books, so I don't have an opinion on them....

But I'd LOVE to be friends with Sherri Wink , so if Sherri wants to write a song about vampires, I'm all for it!! Very Happy
(and zombies, and mummies, and werewolves, and Bigfoot, and aliens, and shape-shifters, and demons, and ... )

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Jared x wrote:
I think she should write a song based on the series of books anyway. If word got around, I think they would attract a new set of fans. Plus, I'm sure the song would be excellent.

Stephanie Meyer already put an Eisley song on some playlist on her website, so it seems likely that any fan cross-pollination that was going to happen already has. I don't see any reason for Eisley to target their music to a specific demographic in the hope of attracting new fans... in fact, I'm firmly against it. That's pretty much the only circumstance under which I would say they sold out.

I'm fine with Sherri writing a song about vampires, but not a song about Twilight. If she wants to write songs based on books the way she did with "Invasion," she should keep choosing books by people who can actually write.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

If it floats your boat, fine. I used to roll my eyes at Harry Potter chatter a lot, but I really dig it. NOT to compare the two series! I've never laid eyes on a single word of Twilight, and I barely know anything about it. I think the fact that people are reading things that aren't text messages is entirely encouraging ...

And whatever Sherri enjoys writing, I'll probably enjoy listening to.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

Eisley already has a vampire song. Embarassed

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
Miss Pine
Golly, Poster

Wow, I love this topic. I thought I was the only one who hated those books. I read the first one and thought it was just dreadful. Then again, I am a huge Harry Potter fan and know how annoyed I was when pseudo-intellectuals bashed the series - I definitely don't judge Twilight lovers one ounce. Sometimes a book just resonates with you. I really wanted to like them, but sadly, found them to be too centred on romance for my taste & not very well written.
jes182
Sea Post King

personally I love the books but each to their own, and if that's what Eisley wanna write songs about, I'm sure it would be amazing regardless if you like the books or not.
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

I guess I was born lucky with a fəckinstupid-detector lodged in my brain. So I can usually tell if I'm going to like something or not. Yeah, I'm not one of those people who feels that they have to have an open mind to enjoy the world. I hate it when people confuse thinking for yourself with liking anything that people a vocal group of people hate. You know, most people hate the smell of poop. If you like the smell, good for you. But don't get angry at me for telling you're sniffing a turd.
Anyway yeah, my sister told me what the books were about. And I said it sounded fəckingretarded.

To be honest, I never thought that Sherri had that great of taste in literature. Nothing against her, but I don't think I'll see her with a copy of The Plague anytime soon.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>