Laughing City
Cendrillon
Golly, Poster

I kinda want one, but I don't want to like, create more work for her, if she's getting bored or something, I dunno.
Miss Pine
Golly, Poster

Cendrillon wrote:
I kinda want one, but I don't want to like, create more work for her, if she's getting bored or something, I dunno.

If it's too much work or if she's bored then she'll say no. It's not like Sherri's a slave - she did elect to do this and she is charging for it. That's not to say that it isn't great of her to do it just the same (I definitely am grateful and appreciative that she has started this!), however, she is making money off of it and I'm pretty sure she has enough gumption to say when she's had enough.
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

Miss Pine wrote:
Cendrillon wrote:

If it's too much work or if she's bored then she'll say no. It's not like Sherri's a slave - she did elect to do this and she is charging for it. That's not to say that it isn't great of her to do it just the same (I definitely am grateful and appreciative that she has started this!), however, she is making money off of it and I'm pretty sure she has enough gumption to say when she's had enough.
And if she doesn't? You buzzards will work away her soul. Crying or Very sad

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

Kimbrtones wrote:
Kylee Janai wrote:
These are getting better and better - hot dang! Razz

My hand would be so tiiiiredd, so this is pretty amazing to see so many still being made, and with so much detail.

Yeah....she does spend so much time on each one. Hours and hours....no joke.

Wow. I believe it!

It would take me days to do one, because I am so particular. My dad, who likes to draw for fun, was so blown away by Sherri's talent (he had never seen her work before). He digs her style and I thought it was so sweet of him to say, since he usually doesn't say anything like that haha.
Sherri
Sea Post King

hi guys!
i just wanted to say that i'm having SO much fun doing this art work thing....i'm not getting burned out yet at all! as long as you don't mind waiting a few weeks to get your art (especially as it nears christmas) i am down to keep this up for awhile because it's such good practice for me and you guys have had some of the coolest and cutest ideas that have been so fun to draw. it DOES take me hours to complete one drawing but i'm very careful to put just as much amount of work into each drawing as the other and make each one specifically special...i'm much to ocd to do something like this half-arsed anyhow...hehe
ok, well just wanted to say thanks...love you guys,
sherri

here's my flickr..i haven't posted any of the drawings ive done yet, but
i will soon check back soon!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sherrisink/

My dumb photos for fun.
http://flickr.com/photos/photostoshare1/
A bit of the art...
Older art...
http://img23.photobucket.com/albums/v68/slitgizzard/ArtWork/
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

I just want to say that you are totally awesome for doing this, Sherri. You already were totally awesome, but now you're ever more awesome. The one's I've seen have been incredible.

See you in a week in Seattle! Smile
Dan and Sam
Golly, Poster

Sherri wrote:
hi guys!
i just wanted to say that i'm having SO much fun doing this art work thing....i'm not getting burned out yet at all! as long as you don't mind waiting a few weeks to get your art (especially as it nears christmas) i am down to keep this up for awhile because it's such good practice for me and you guys have had some of the coolest and cutest ideas that have been so fun to draw. it DOES take me hours to complete one drawing but i'm very careful to put just as much amount of work into each drawing as the other and make each one specifically special...i'm much to ocd to do something like this half-arsed anyhow...hehe
sherri

Thanks, Sherri! Please don't get burned out yet... my daughter Samantha is planning in great detail what she wants you to draw for her (and I'm trying to figure out how I can come up with some extra $ to pay for it Smile ) So hang in there and we'll commission a drawing from you as well Wink

Thanks for doing this ! You are so amazingly talented and it's awesome that you are willing to share your time and your artistic talents with your fans.

We love you- you're the best!

Nightmare
Vintage Newbie

Dan and Sam wrote:
Sherri wrote:
hi guys!
sherri

Thanks, Sherri! Please don't get burned out yet... my daughter Samantha is planning in great detail what she wants you to draw for her (and I'm trying to figure out how I can come up with some extra $ to pay for it Smile ) So hang in there and we'll commission a drawing from you as well Wink

Thanks for doing this ! You are so amazingly talented and it's awesome that you are willing to share your time and your artistic talents with your fans.

WAAAYYYY off topic and I should probably PM this but I've already started. You live in Maumee? That's sweet! I had an apartment in Perrysburg for about four months until I moved to New Philly.

Joined: 28 Apr 2005 | Posts: 3505 | Location: In your dreams
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

mikep0922 wrote:

This is mine. It came yesterday! I asked her to draw a sort of self portrait kind of thing. And when you look at the actual drawing the detail is just amazing! I love it!

To the people who said Sherri looks tired in this pic - she's mimicking her expression in the drawing, which is a self-portrait. Duuur. Wink

This might be my favorite but they are all brilliant, thanks (again) to everyone who has posted their drawings!

lucia
Sea Post King

I'd totally get a drawing, but the mail here sucks :/ I wouldn't want it to get lost in the mail.
And for me it's really expensive, since one dollar is more than three Argentinean pesos... snif.

Dan and Sam
Golly, Poster

Nightmare wrote:
Dan and Sam wrote:
Sherri wrote:
hi guys!
sherri

WAAAYYYY off topic and I should probably PM this but I've already started. You live in Maumee? That's sweet! I had an apartment in Perrysburg for about four months until I moved to New Philly.

Hi, ex-neighbor! Yep, we're in Maumee. Most of my family (parents, siblings, some in-laws) live in the surrounding area.. Toledo, Perrysburg, Bowling Green ,and Waterville. We've been getting lots of visits from Obama, McCain, Palin , and Biden over the last few months- trying to recruit our votes. And of course, we are the home of the infamous "Joe the Plumber" Wink

Nightmare
Vintage Newbie

Dan and Sam wrote:
Nightmare wrote:
Dan and Sam wrote:
Sherri wrote:
hi guys!
sherri

Hi, ex-neighbor! Yep, we're in Maumee. Most of my family (parents, siblings, some in-laws) live in the surrounding area.. Toledo, Perrysburg, Bowling Green ,and Waterville. We've been getting lots of visits from Obama, McCain, Palin , and Biden over the last few months- trying to recruit our votes. And of course, we are the home of the infamous "Joe the Plumber" Wink

You're like famous now...

Joined: 28 Apr 2005 | Posts: 3505 | Location: In your dreams
Caley
Lost at Forum

I'm thinking about getting a tattoo design from her... I want it to be a theme of Brightly Wound since I'm going to get half of the chorus written out as my first tattoo when I turn 19 in December. I know down the line, I'll want to add something to go along with the chorus. And who better than one of the people who wrote the song to design the tat, right?

So I'll consult my dad when I head home next Thursday since he wants me to do my bills while I'm visiting (he's paranoid about me screwing up my check book, LOL). I'm pretty sure he'll think it's a cool idea since he knows I've loved this band since I was 15.

violintide
Sea Post King

I heart Sherri's artwork. Absolutely heart it.
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

I was wondering if she took a break for Seattle or people just weren't sharing any more.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>