Laughing City

Who are you voting for/would vote for tomorrow?
Charles Baldwin
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Bob Barr
4%
 4%  [ 4 ]
John McCain
24%
 24%  [ 20 ]
Cynthia McKinney
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Ralph Nader
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Barack Obama
59%
 59%  [ 49 ]
Other (write in)
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Choosing not to vote (don't pick if you are ineligible to vote, but wish to vote)
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 83

Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
I voted Obama and I feel pretty damn good about it.

In Tennessee? You wasted your time. I'm so glad that my vote will probably amount to something. Razz

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
Nightmare
Vintage Newbie

keltica wrote:
Well if I were American I'd be voting for Obama - cannot believe anyone can vote for McCain-Palin especially considering the environmental position of the latter. Someone who wants to destroy Alaska's pristine environment for the sake of drilling and who believes in Creationism and the Iraq War being dictated by God cannot be the first candidate to the White House if McCain dies or suffers similar fates.

But I'm not American so I can only voice my support - here in Europe, the vast majority of people are for Obama (there's an Obama University Club here in Leiden with over 70 members and no McCain club).

Believing in creationism automatically makes one unfit to rule a country? Wow.

You realize that scientists have actually disproven evolution from apes right?

Joined: 28 Apr 2005 | Posts: 3505 | Location: In your dreams
sebas
Golly, Poster

Nightmare wrote:

Which ones?

It was probably a creationist scientist. Which is an oxymoron in itself and invalidates anything that person has to say about evolution.

-Mahatma, Gandhi
Nightmare
Vintage Newbie

sebas wrote:
Nightmare wrote:

Which ones?

It was probably a creationist scientist. Which is an oxymoron in itself and invalidates anything that person has to say about evolution.

There has only been one skeleton of the so called "missing link." Turns out it was a guy suffering from severe sculliosis.

It was in this large ancient history book. I got rid of it a while ago.

sebas
Golly, Poster

Cool.

But, reality check:

If it was disproved, then it would not longer be a hot topic of debate.
Thus...it was not disproved. :]

-Mahatma, Gandhi
Nightmare
Vintage Newbie

sebas wrote:
Cool.

But, reality check:

If it was disproved, then it would not longer be a hot topic of debate.
Thus...it was not disproved. :]

Ah how could I forget. People are rational now.

Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

Nightmare wrote:
keltica wrote:
Well if I were American I'd be voting for Obama - cannot believe anyone can vote for McCain-Palin especially considering the environmental position of the latter. Someone who wants to destroy Alaska's pristine environment for the sake of drilling and who believes in Creationism and the Iraq War being dictated by God cannot be the first candidate to the White House if McCain dies or suffers similar fates.

But I'm not American so I can only voice my support - here in Europe, the vast majority of people are for Obama (there's an Obama University Club here in Leiden with over 70 members and no McCain club).

I'd like to see your source. Back when I believed in Creationism I heard a bunch of lies about evolution. At any rate, according to you "...FROM APES". That doesn't mean that people popped out of the mud. And science has basically proven that Biblical Creationism could not have occurred. I've used this before, but I like it... believing in Creationism because evolution has holes in it is like seeing a turd on your front lawn. You study it. And you're not 100% sure, but you don't think it's a dog turd. Sooooo... it must be a UNICORN TURD, because you're mom told you not to let the cat out at night or a unicorn will kill it.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
sebas
Golly, Poster

Yea, you also forgot that posting something so controversial without a source makes you look dumb.

Did you know that god doesn't exist? It said so in this book having to do with the best way to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I lost it, though.

-Mahatma, Gandhi
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

Does anybody remember that episode of Recess when Spinelli 'saw' Swinger-girl go over the top bar and started a religion about her 'crossing over'? [/raaaaaaanndooooom]

Nightmare
Vintage Newbie

sebas wrote:
Yea, you also forgot that posting something so controversial without a source makes you look dumb.

Or forgetful. Meanwhile you just always seem angry and bitter at life.

@Pantheon, as I said I got rid of the book two years ago when I didn't need it anymore. And you saying your unicorn turd story is about as impressive to me as telling you the story that evolution is just as likely to happen as a printing factory exploding and all of the letters compiling the complete works of shakespeare. We're both unimpressed. As for science proving that biblical creationism could not have occured, I believe that in this case science is wrong. And people are going to jump at me saying "ZOMG YOU JUST DON'T SEE FACTS" but that's untrue. We've broken so many impossibilities by improving science. I firmly believe in science and study, I also firmly believe in God and creationism. God works by natural laws, he doesn't just make things up. Perfect religion and perfect science match up. I'm positive of that.

sebas
Golly, Poster

Pantheon4 wrote:
Does anybody remember that episode of Recess when Spinelli 'saw' Swinger-girl go over the top bar and started a religion about her 'crossing over'? [/raaaaaaanndooooom]

Wow, how do you even remember that?
Weirdo.

I think there was two version of that show. One on the "one Saturday morning" thing. And the other on Disney. Or maybe that was Doug.

Surprised

-Mahatma, Gandhi
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Pantheon4 wrote:
Nightmare wrote:
keltica wrote:

I'd like to see your source. Back when I believed in Creationism I heard a bunch of lies about evolution. At any rate, according to you "...FROM APES". That doesn't mean that people popped out of the mud. And science has basically proven that Biblical Creationism could not have occurred. I've used this before, but I like it... believing in Creationism because evolution has holes in it is like seeing a turd on your front lawn. You study it. And you're not 100% sure, but you don't think it's a dog turd. Sooooo... it must be a UNICORN TURD, because you're mom told you not to let the cat out at night or a unicorn will kill it.

As evolutionists studied humans and species of apes in the 1970's and 1980's, some rather surprising information was being discovered that distinguished us from apes and other primates. The maximum Fst value (a measure of variation between population groups) between human races is 0.08 (1, 2). However, among populations of chimps, orangutans, and other primate species, Fst values are commonly more than 0.20. An examination of 62 common protein coding genetic loci, indicates a substitution rate of 0.011/locus (Caucasoids versus Mongoloids), to a maximum of 0.029 (Mongoloids versus Negroids). However, in nearly all other animal species studied, including apes, usually exceed 0.05 (2). In humans, heterozygosity (the proportion of alleles that are polymorphic, in this case within the species) is 1.8% , whereas in apes it ranges from 2.5 in the Orangutan to 3.9 in the Chimpanzee (3). An analysis of the genetics of populations of apes reveals that different population groups possess fixed novel mutations that characterize each population. In contrast, there are no novel mutations or genetic alleles that specifically characterize any one human race from another. More recent studies have confirmed the early work, likewise showing that human genetic diversity is far less than what one would predict from Darwinian theory. Dr. Maryellen Ruvolo (Harvard University) has noted, "It's a mystery none of us can explain." (4). Examinations of the genetic sequences of diverse modern human populations reveals minor, if any differences (5). All of this evidence suggested a recent origin for modern humans.

1) R. Lewontin 1972. The apportionment of human diversity. Evolutionary Biology 6: 381-398
2) M. Nei and A. K. Roychoudhury. 1982. Genetic relationship and evolution of human races. Evolutionary Biology 14: 1-59
3) Janczewski DN. Goldman D. O'Brien SJ. 1990. Molecular genetic divergence of orangutan (Pongo pygmaeus) subspecies based on isozyme and two-dimensional gel electrophoresis. Journal of Heredity 81: 375-387
4) Gibbons, A. 1995. The mystery of humanity's missing mutations. Science 267: 35-36.
5) Pult I, Sajantila A, Simanainen J, Georgiev O, Schaffner W, Paabo S. 1994. Mitochondrial DNA sequences from Switzerland reveal striking homogeneity of European populations. Biol Chem Hoppe Seyler 375: 837-840
Nightmare
Vintage Newbie

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:
Nightmare wrote:
keltica wrote:

As evolutionists studied humans and species of apes in the 1970's and 1980's, some rather surprising information was being discovered that distinguished us from apes and other primates. The maximum Fst value (a measure of variation between population groups) between human races is 0.08 (1, 2). However, among populations of chimps, orangutans, and other primate species, Fst values are commonly more than 0.20. An examination of 62 common protein coding genetic loci, indicates a substitution rate of 0.011/locus (Caucasoids versus Mongoloids), to a maximum of 0.029 (Mongoloids versus Negroids). However, in nearly all other animal species studied, including apes, usually exceed 0.05 (2). In humans, heterozygosity (the proportion of alleles that are polymorphic, in this case within the species) is 1.8% , whereas in apes it ranges from 2.5 in the Orangutan to 3.9 in the Chimpanzee (3). An analysis of the genetics of populations of apes reveals that different population groups possess fixed novel mutations that characterize each population. In contrast, there are no novel mutations or genetic alleles that specifically characterize any one human race from another. More recent studies have confirmed the early work, likewise showing that human genetic diversity is far less than what one would predict from Darwinian theory. Dr. Maryellen Ruvolo (Harvard University) has noted, "It's a mystery none of us can explain." (4). Examinations of the genetic sequences of diverse modern human populations reveals minor, if any differences (5). All of this evidence suggested a recent origin for modern humans.

1) R. Lewontin 1972. The apportionment of human diversity. Evolutionary Biology 6: 381-398
2) M. Nei and A. K. Roychoudhury. 1982. Genetic relationship and evolution of human races. Evolutionary Biology 14: 1-59
3) Janczewski DN. Goldman D. O'Brien SJ. 1990. Molecular genetic divergence of orangutan (Pongo pygmaeus) subspecies based on isozyme and two-dimensional gel electrophoresis. Journal of Heredity 81: 375-387
4) Gibbons, A. 1995. The mystery of humanity's missing mutations. Science 267: 35-36.
5) Pult I, Sajantila A, Simanainen J, Georgiev O, Schaffner W, Paabo S. 1994. Mitochondrial DNA sequences from Switzerland reveal striking homogeneity of European populations. Biol Chem Hoppe Seyler 375: 837-840

Thanks Cubs!

sebas
Golly, Poster

Nightmare wrote:

It's because I don't have the good lord to guide me.
Or because I'm one of the most displaced people on this forum. Neutral

-Mahatma, Gandhi
Nightmare
Vintage Newbie

sebas wrote:
Nightmare wrote:

It's because I don't have the good lord to guide me.
Or because I'm one of the most displaced people on this forum. Neutral

I have no problem with you personally. Or your ideas. It just seems that everytime someone with a differing viewpoint than yours says something you attack them.

I don't know, maybe I'm just not seeing it right.