Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>

My feelings on the use of AutoTune on a lead vocal are as so...
It sucks.
34%
 34%  [ 16 ]
I love it.
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if used in moderation.
27%
 27%  [ 13 ]
Is it just to cover the fact that these people can't sing?
29%
 29%  [ 14 ]
none of these - i will address in my reply
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 47

bigideas
Vintage Newbie

http://twitpic.com/k21vb

woah! this is huge!

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

bout time, they toured together not long ago (and I believe that was after all the Game vs. 50 beef and with Dre not producing any of Game's 2nd record).

It's gonna be a mess though, cause Em's got another record in the can, and 50's is been delayed infinitely...

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
and 50's is been delayed infinitely...

haven't heard about this.

warren g said he collaborated with Dre on his Twitter the other day, but who knows.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I say it that way because it's been delayed over and over again, just like Little Wayne's "Rock" record Rebirth. They haven't been shelved, but a track will leak now and then, and they'll say it's done, but nothing comes out. 50 put out a mixtape this summer, but no record.

I think the industry has stalled and labels don't want to push releases that might stiff. That's my theory on the Digital only releases starting to come out first before cds go into production as a cost cutting, market testing measure. We'll see how it plays out, but by and large, I think the urban and country markets will be the stalwarts as far as going all digital for reasons we can infer. Call it the Wal-Mart factor.

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

last i read 50 was for the end of the year. i don't really care other than for the fact that Dre said he wanted to get those out first.

with him in the Studio with Snoop maybe that signals him putting the final touches on Detox.

i think Pitchfork tried to make themselves look overtly diverse with their top 200 of the decade.

i think there are 2 or 3 albums each for: Lil Wayne, Ghostface, Clipse, Kanye and Jay Z

while only one of Montreal, only the second Shins record and Elliott Smith's Figure 8 way towards the bottom. was there a Decemberists record?

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I haven't even seen that list, cause honestly, I sort of neglected the fact this decade is already over. Damb.

bigideas
Vintage Newbie

it's weird - they never put it in a news item or anything, you just had to find it. there were some lists out several days before i noticed them.

i also hate that i can't seem to find just a plain listing, instead you have to keep clicking on multiple pages w/paragraphs.

bigideas
Vintage Newbie

i don't know where you got your facts on 50, but i saw him on the VH1 countdown this past Sat. his album comes out in Nov - i want to say the 17th.

Warren G put out a new album, The G Files, last week.

i may pick that up soon. too bad it was not high profile enough to have a first week sale, but i did see 3 copies at Hasting's.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Rolling Stone Had been running stories on Before I self Destruct since last January, when the trailer for the Movie that was supposed to go with the Album Debut and then the date for the album kept getting pushed back and he would pop up and do a interview here and there about where the album was, and about Em's album, up till Crack the Bottle came out, and then he got his pushed back till June, and then had that mixtape come out.

Here's the wiki on the date:

Release date

The album's release date was initially announced to be February 4, 2008, but later moved to March 2008, due to the release date of Curtis being pushed up to September 2007.[11] However it was later revealed, in an interview with G-Unit members Tony Yayo and Lloyd Banks, that the album was scheduled to be released during the 4th quarter of 2008,[12] with 50 Cent himself later stating that the album was due to be released December 9, 2008.[2][13]

MTV later reported that the album will instead be released in 2009,[14][15] with February 3 being the date 50 Cent himself confirmed.[16] Though it was later pushed back to March 2009,[17] with March 24 being set as the day,[18] until he later confirmed that mentor and labelmate Eminem's album, Relapse, was going to be released before his own.[19] 50 Cent then told MTV that he would release the album in June,[20] with the date being changed once again as he decided to retool parts of the album once Eminem's Relapse was completed.[21] However, the album was pushed back to a Fall 2009 release,[22] with September being the specific month.[23] On Jimmy Kimmel Live!, 50 Cent stated that the album will be out "second week of September, I'll be back on the streets baby",[24] with the date later stated to be specifically September 11, which at the time, was the release date of Jay-Z's The Blueprint 3.[25] However, these reports were later contradicted by MTV, when they stated that 50 Cent exclusively confirmed the release date as September 29, 2009.[26] The album was later officially confirmed to have been pushed back again by 50 Cent, who claimed November 3, 2009 as the newly confirmed release date,[27] but this was once again changed to November 17, 2009.[28]

bigideas
Vintage Newbie

it was once said,

"The man who lives by Wiki,
can also die by Wiki."

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I only pulled the wiki because I couldn't find the archived RS daily feed updates each time something about the date change happened.

So, what i'm really saying is that I followed the story as it happened but had trouble backlogging the posts from www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily who covered it and did some of the interviews in question.

So, I'm not living by wiki, I'm just falling back on it in absence of my original source material. If this was a few months ago I'da had urls to direct articles but that trim the fat on that blog regularly.

anyways here's all the references to that Wiki:

References

1. ^ Darryl Gudmundson & Andres Tardio (March 24, 2007). HHDX News Bits (Lil Jon Sets Record, Ron Artest, 50 Cent Album News). HipHopDX. Retrieved July 14, 2007.
2. ^ a b c ITN (September 15, 2008) 50 Cent on what he's been up to and his good mate Eminem YouTube. Retrieved September 20, 2008.
3. ^ a b Fullmetal (April 30, 2007). 50 Cent "G Unit Album Coming soon". Def Sounds. Retrieved August 17, 2007.
4. ^ Kevin Clark (August 13, 2007). 50 Cent: Shut Me Up...I Dare You!. HipHopDX. Retrieved August 14, 2007.
5. ^ Shaheem Reid (October 7, 2008) 50 Cent Drops First Before I Self Destruct Track MTV.com Accessed January 6, 2009.
6. ^ 50 Cent Premieres New Single, 'I Get It In,' Featuring Beat Dr. Dre Recorded For Eminem. MTV.com.'.' Retrieved January 6, 2008.
7. ^ New Music: 50 Cent - ‘OK, You’re Right’. Rap-Up. Accessed May 20, 2009.
8. ^ http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1621141/20090910/50_cent.jhtml 50 Cent Premieres New Single, 'Baby By Me'] MTV
9. ^ Tracklist For 50 Cent's Before I Self Destruct Released. HipHopDX'.' Retrieved January 6, 2009.
10. ^ "50 Cent Reworks Before I Self Destruct". Defsounds.com. 2009-05-05. http://www.defsounds.com/articles/50_cent_reworks_before_i_self_destru ct. Retrieved 2009-09-22.
11. ^ visiontellie2 (September 13, 2007). 50 Cent on Jimmy Kimmel Live 9-11-07 pert2. YouTube. Accessed May 14, 2008.
12. ^ DefSounds. May 22, 2008. G-Unit Q&A Session Part 2. DefSounds. Accessed May 24, 2008.
13. ^ 50 Cent (September 14, 2008) 50 Cent New Single in Albany!!(Mocking Kanye West) YouTube. Retrieved September 14, 2008.
14. ^ Shaheem Reid with additional reporting by Yasmine Richard (November 14, 2008). 50 Cent's Before I Self Destruct Pushed Back To 2009 MTV. Retrieved November 14, 2008.
15. ^ Slava Kuperstein. (November 14, 2008) 50 Cent Album Bushed Pack To '09. HipHopDX. Retrieved November 15, 2008.
16. ^ 50 Cent Says He Delayed Before I Self Destruct So He Could Release More Singles. MTV.com.'.' Retrieved November 18, 2008.
17. ^ JOKESTA (JANUARY 20, 2009) Before I Self Destruct Pushed Back Yet Again, Fif Dives Into Hollywood With New Film Company DefSounds Accessed January 28, 2009.
18. ^ Danielle Harling (February 11, 2009) "Crack A Bottle" Sets SoundScan Record HipHopDX. Retrieved February 11, 2009.
19. ^ JOKESTA (February 25, 2009) 50's Before I Self Destruct Pushed Back Indefinitely, Coming Out After Relapse + Angie Martinez Interview DefSounds. Retrieved February 27, 2009.
20. ^ 50 Cent To Release Two Albums This Year. MTV News.'.' Retrieved March 16, 2009.
21. ^ Reid, Shaheem (2009-05-05). "50 Cent, Dr. Dre Revamp Before I Self Destruct". Mtv.com. http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1610599/20090504/50_cent.jhtml. Retrieved 2009-09-22.
22. ^ 50 Says He's Losing His Motivation To Rap. Rap Basement.'.' Retrieved June 8, 2009.
23. ^ Reid, Shaheem (2009-06-11). "Exclusive: 50 Cent Talks War Angel LP, Which Drops Next Week - News Story | Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV News". Mtv.com. http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1613812/20090611/50_cent.jhtml. Retrieved 2009-09-22.
24. ^ Video: 50 Cent Jokes with Jimmy Kimmel. Rap-Up.'.' Retrieved June 15, 2009.
25. ^ 50 Cent To Release New Album Same Day As Jay-Z. Hip-hop DX.'.' Retrieved July 14, 2009.
26. ^ Reid, Shaheem (2009-07-17). "50 Cent Sets Album Release Date, Stays Active Underground". MTV. http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1616429/20090716/story.jhtml. Retrieved 2009-07-17.
27. ^ AllHipHop News (50 Cent Album officially pushed back to November). AllHipHop. Retrieved August 23, 2009.
28. ^ 50 Cent’s Destruction Date Nears. Rap-Up.
29. ^ 50 Cent's Album Pushed Back Again. Rap-Up. Accessed October 13, 2009.
30. ^ a b Corey Moss (November 30, 2006). 50 Cent, Almost Ready to Self Destruct, Unloads on Critics First. MTV. Retrieved July 14, 2007.
31. ^ a b MTV (November 16, 2007). EXCLUSIVE |Curtis tells MTV about mentor Eminem, collaborating with Kanye West and reveals all about his next album.... MTV. Retrieved November 16, 2007.
32. ^ YouTube. Episode 5 Ty Fyffe - 50 Cent Before I Self Destruct Listening Session (August 20, 2008). Youtube. Retrieved September 9, 2008.
33. ^ Slava Kuperstein (January 31, 2008). Swizz Beatz Keeps Busy in the Studio. HipHopDX. Retrieved February 4, 2008.
34. ^ Jake Paine (February 14, 2009) Sha Money XL Talks One Stop Conference, 50 Cent & DJ Premier HipHopDX. Retrieved February 16, 2009.
35. ^ Chad Kiser Dawaun Parker Interview (January 2009) DubCNN'.' Retrieved January 28, 2009.
36. ^ 50 Cent Says Rick Ross Beef Will Only 'Get Worse'. MTV.'.' Retrieved February 7, 2009.
37. ^ Dr. Dre & Eminem Back in 50 Cent’s Corner Rap-up. Retrieved October 14, 2008.
38. ^ Rodriguez, Jayson (2009-06-09). "Eminem's 'Crack A Bottle' Video Leaks". Mtv.com. http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1613507/20090609/eminem.jhtml. Retrieved 2009-09-22.
39. ^ a b Shaheem Reid (October 22, 2007). 50 Cent Talks Akon, G-Unit, Next LP from Set of 'I'll Still Kill' Video. MTV. Retrieved October 22, 2007.
40. ^ Jokesta (September 4, 2007). Akon Loves 50 Cent, Warren G Works on Detox. Def Sounds. Retrieved October 19, 2007.
41. ^ Shaheem Reid (August 8, 2007). Timbaland Talks About His and Justin Timberlake's 'Hot' Collabo with Madonna. MTV. Retrieved October 21, 2007.
42. ^ Shaheem Reid (December 19, 2006). Producer J.R. Rotem Helping 50 Get Soul, Tossing Beats For Dr. Dre. MTV. Retrieved August 27, 2008.
43. ^ Shaheem Reid (August 26, 2008). Lil Wayne Almost Didn't Get 'Got Money' -- Pitbull Had It First. MTV. Retrieved September 7, 2008.

bigideas
Vintage Newbie

i was joking with the last post. i go to wiki as well. the only reason i knew about 50 was because i happened to see his interview on VH1.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I'm very insecure about my growing wiki-dependency. It's a sore spot and you struck a nerve Laughing

I got your joke BTW, it was definitely a "you got me!' moment Embarassed

golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

This has nothing to do with anything that has gone on in this thread except for the AutoTune part.

Charlie Bit Me... AUTOTUNE!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvLPun1Z6dI

The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

Has anyone seen the video with Ellen using Auto-tune? It's so funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZT07qVXgRo

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>