Laughing City
juan_diego
Sea Post King

So if you went to the Combinations Tour then you've heard the beautiful new intro that Stacy wrote for ICBTFY. I honestly don't think there is a single person who didn't love it. I lnow that I would personally LOVE a studio recorded version that could be thrown on an EP, or an iTunes exclusive or something.

If you agree with me post here and maybe if we get enought people to post we can convice Eisley to do it!

=]

Jared x
Lost at Forum

| See signature.
V

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Well, if they do it that's cool and all, but I won't campaign for a rerecording of a song from Combinations when the band could be recording all new songs. I feel like the intro was created to mix things up while they were on tour. They'd been playing those songs for so long that they were sick of them, and needed to keep them fresh somehow. To go back and record that version seems a little redundant. It was a fun treat for those who caught the tour (and use YouTube), but I'm not convinced that a studio recording would suit the spirit of it.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
lace face
Sea Post King

Oh yah i want the new version!! I have like a crappy recording of it but thats it...
ks1990
Lost at Forum

I also agree they should focus on their new album. It would be a nice treat, but i don't think we should expect to hear it anytime soon...
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

The new version of ICBTFY was very nice, but I'd rather 3 - 5 minutes of new material, not just 30 to 60 seconds (or however long the new part was Wink.

In other words, I agree with the concentration on the NEW upcoming material and trying to get that out there as soon as possible. It seemed like they wanted to keep moving forward as well....but if there's room for an extra track of a re-imagined ICBTFY, that would be cool!
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

I don't see why it would take away any time from the new music. She has the music already recorded on her computer, probably even a version of her singing it too. It tacks right onto the beginning of the original song very easily, didn't seem like it overlapped during the live show videos.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
lookingXglass
Golly, Poster

Yep, I want it of course : -)...I heard the new intro on several different youtube videos. I think it would be nice because I loved it and I want to know the real lyrics.

"I don't wanna touch you and feel so helpless; I don't wanna smell you and lose my senses" Rufus Wainwright, Foolish Love
Joined: 28 Dec 2007 | Posts: 807 | Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Nowhere Man wrote:
I don't see why it would take away any time from the new music. She has the music already recorded on her computer, probably even a version of her singing it too. It tacks right onto the beginning of the original song very easily, didn't seem like it overlapped during the live show videos.

Having it demoed on a computer is significantly different from a studio version that would cost the band time and money on top of what they're already recording.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
drew8890
Sea Post King

a studio version would be great but all i need is maybe an audio rip from when they played last tour. they had some great ones on youtube
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

Sure.
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
Nowhere Man wrote:

Having it demoed on a computer is significantly different from a studio version that would cost the band time and money on top of what they're already recording.

You lie.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Maybe when they are bored between their 7th and 8th albums, or something like that. I want new music too much right now. That said, it would be nice to hear anyway.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

i'm on the fence. i would LOVE to hear a recorded version of ICBTFY with the new intro, but like the others are saying, i want new music more. and after hearing the clip of the new song from the studio video, i'm more excited about the new music. it sounds incredible. i can't wait to hear the new stuff.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
lace face
Sea Post King

I will take whatever comes and love it Very Happy