Laughing City

Comic, Videogame, etc to Film, which will be worst?
Dragonball: Evolution
42%
 42%  [ 9 ]
Angels & Demons
14%
 14%  [ 3 ]
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
G-Force (Not really an adapation of Battle of the Planets, but hey ripped off the title I knew it by, so for that they are among the worst for false advertising!)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li (Ha, it supposedly came out & I didn't even know!)
38%
 38%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 21

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

The potential for failure has never been so immense. I've omitted the other movies mentioned on the board in recent polls like GI Joe, Transformers, Wolverine and Star Trek. I'm not deep off into literature and recent comics, so I may be skipping some adaptations of novels and comics I'm not familiar with. Enlighten me. Smile

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9638 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Nightmare
Vintage Newbie

That dragonball movie looks terrible. Completely.
Joined: 28 Apr 2005 | Posts: 3505 | Location: In your dreams
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

Worst adaptation, meaning the film whose adaption is worst, or worst movie that is an adaptation, meaning that it will be the worst film among the choices? Wink

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
dont_panic
Vintage Newbie

goku is white, 'nuff said.
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

dont_panic wrote:
goku is white, 'nuff said.

I was going to say that! He's supposed to be Chinese. A white 'Monkey King'? What's next, a Mexican King Arthur?

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

guitargirl wrote:
Worst adaptation, meaning the film whose adaption is worst, or worst movie that is an adaptation, meaning that it will be the worst film among the choices? Wink

You can only fit so many words in the thread subject, so a little engrish was necessary, and I MUST have my xx/40 tag, it's, you know, my thing Laughing

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9638 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
ync
Golly, Poster

db, fo'sho

i'm terrified of my boyfriend and his friends to go see it and if they drag me along. they're not a quiet bunch :c

You misunderstood. I used that emoticon to show people what they'd look like after I stab them in the eye.

Wink
Cap'n O'Schovanec
Golly, Poster

Dragon Ball looks awesome...

Honestly though I enjoyed Dragon Ball...Not Z, so don't shoot me. So when I watched this trailer I almost cried. Roshi isn't some nasty of perv, from what I can tell. Bulma has some steam punk jazz look going on or something. And Goku is some jerk in his mid 20's. Just looks wrong all around.

Facebook.... http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1455720010

EisleyForever wrote:

Never you mind, dearie. When a person implores your soul to watch its dead body have love made to it by an underage girl--from Texas, no less--it's okay not to respond.
Joined: 19 Mar 2007 | Posts: 662 | Location: Beaverton, Oregon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I will probably like the Harry Potter movie, but I don't even think I'll bother watching the rest.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ks1990
Lost at Forum

If the da vinci code is anything to go by, i expect angels and demons to be even worse.
Nightmare
Vintage Newbie

ks1990 wrote:
If the da vinci code is anything to go by, i expect angels and demons to be even worse.

But...teh children...Jesus not important...teh lies...

Joined: 28 Apr 2005 | Posts: 3505 | Location: In your dreams
singsoftly
Golly, Poster

it's just so hard to choose between dragonball and street fighter, i never want to see either they look so bad.

I'm holding hope for harry potter because that's my favorite book of the series so I want it to be good. The new trailer for wolverine also gives more hope because it seems to have a bigger focus on gambit. While I never read Da Vinci Code the book, so I liked the movie.

When I fly solo, I fly so high.