Laughing City
rockchick1959
Golly, Poster

sleep or lack thereof seems to be a common malady for all those with the name dupree. y'all need to see a sleep doctor or something. who do you think you are with your late bedtimes, rock stars?

oh yeah, you are. never mind.

I am such a grandma. i go to bed before 10:30 when possible. sometimes before 10. and it feels nice.... you all should try it.

I call it Kim's Grandma Cure...actually going to bed.

what keeps you up at night? discuss.

http://kimschaefer.bandcamp.com/

http://youtube.com/kimschaefermusic
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

cool story bro

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
rockchick1959
Golly, Poster

I know that was an exceptionally /rad/ story tyler, I'm just bored and trying to start up something, anything.

two consecutive sleepless dupree posts were the inspiration.

i'll join your mocking of me. here we go:

(said in chant-ish sing song)
GOOD STORY, TELL IT AGAIN, TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS!

DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

I just have never been able to form a sleep schedule. I go to sleep and wake up at a different time every night. Those are probably my most detrimental sleep habits.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

I always read articles that say you should go to bed at the same time every night, and get up at the same time every morning! But there's no way I'm not sleeping in when I have the chance! Smile
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I don't really believe in sleep before midnight, unless you have to get up early in the morning. Though I have slept before midnight more in the last 6 months than I did in the 8 years before. Heck, probably longer than that.

However, consistency and length I think are the most important sleep factors. I used to sleep at 5 a.m. every night, for about 2-3 years. And the habit was nearly as bad as that for a couple of years before. But I did all right since I slept consistent hours. I also prefer to get about 7 hours when I can, instead of 8.

So, judging from my experience, the DuPrees should be fairly ok with the late hours, however, Boyd's utter lack of sleep should not be! heh Smile

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
sukieinthe_g
Golly, Poster

I love staying up all night, but then again I can't stand sleeping past 8am. Confused What's a gal to do.
Lynn
Golly, Poster

When I get up to go to school at 6:30 am and get back at 6 pm I don't really get to sleep before midnight. Last week I slept for 3-5 hours every night. The real problem with my health here is that I just can take my mother's hysterics about that. But otherwise it's alright, I wake up pretty much at the same tame, it takes me 30 minutes or so to convince myself that I am going to be late if I don't get up immediately... It's actually not very nice at all, but it's not like I'm doing it because I really enjoy it or something.f It just always happens that way, and it's not only with me, the whole school is hardly sleeping these days. Except in class that is. One of my friends fell asleep sitting one meter away from the teacher last week. On his birthday actually (not the teacher's). He didn't even have to lye on the desk. And on Thursday/Friday most of my class were online on Skype at 3 am. So yeah, we're all in.

When I actually have time to sleep I can't. I was really hoping to catch up with sleep this Christmas vacation but all I did was lye until 3 to 5 am wondering if I am actually going to sleep at all. Summer nights are usually spent reading.

I guess all that is really unhealthy but I'm doing my best to stop it. I just need some time and peace. Quarrels with my family about it are more tiring than the actual lack of sleep.
Last year was like that too, and there was a period of time when I somewhat managed to find time for some proper sleep. I felt so extraordinarily smart, awake, and positive for these few weeks... I rather miss it, hah.
rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

I have a hard time getting to bed early. It sucks because I have to get up at 5:30 a.m. for work.

I usually waste time in the evening. Watch TV or play video games. Sometimes I'm working on "homework" because I tend to put it off until the end of the day.

I've always stayed up kind of late... for no real reason. I just don't want to go to bed. These days, however, I'm much more likely to be really sleepy before midnight. I think that goes along with having a kid.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

What % of the time would all of you say you remember having a dream the night before?

It is very very rare I ever remember a dream.

I wonder if that means I never reach REM sleep (I believe that is the dreaming stage?).

Maybe I am so cool I can reach a deeper sleep where even my dreamer goes to sleep. Wink

redandstripey
Sea Post King

I work nights. Suits me fine, I rarely slept before the wee hours to begin with. I don't sleep that much during the day either though, I don't like missing out on stuff.
Joined: 08 Aug 2007 | Posts: 158 | Location: Northern Ireland
anotherrandomtuesday
Vintage Newbie

I've finally gotten into the habit of normalizing my sleeping patterns. It's going well!
Joined: 28 Jul 2005 | Posts: 4455 | Location: Sacramento, CA.
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Who drools in their sleep? I always drool pretty hardcore.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
rockchick1959
Golly, Poster

I talk nonsense in my sleep. apparently i've been caught talking to my bathroom door while sleeping.

uncreative
Vintage Newbie

DRMS_7888 wrote:
Who drools in their sleep? I always drool pretty hardcore.

Sometimes.

goto page
 | next >>