Laughing City
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

I wouldn't say The Fray is similar to Eisley. I mean, if Eisley put out the same song 100 times, then they would be like The Fray. The fan bases, at least, are completely different.
Laughing Citizen

vivalaspopie wrote:
I wouldn't say The Fray is similar to Eisley. I mean, if Eisley put out the same song 100 times, then they would be like The Fray. The fan bases, at least, are completely different.
I'm not sure if Eisley has a clearly definable fan base. Eisley fans are all over the map in terms of what other music they like which is why Eisley can never satisfy everyone as far as touring mates go.
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

kulvir wrote:
vivalaspopie wrote:
I'm not sure if Eisley has a clearly definable fan base. Eisley fans are all over the map in terms of what other music they like which is why Eisley can never satisfy everyone as far as touring mates go.

Pretty true, but the fans of the two groups seemed pretty easy to tell apart at the show I went to. I couldn't, however, tell a difference between Eisley and Gomez fans. I don't want to go into any further detail, because I don't want to get into stereotypes.

Lost at Forum

boone wrote:
tahruh wrote:
Did they really? I assumed they were bigger than MM. I wonder if MM will join them...if it's true to begin with. Maybe Todd (I think that's his name) can be the guitar tech. Laughing

Oh, no no no. Mutemath was getting a huge push at the time. Oregon has a pretty tepid Eisley fanbase (there are only three regular posters from the state on the forum, and one of them is my roommate) but people came in full force for MM at the Portland show. I think Eisley held their own, though, and got some new fans.

Irrefutable proof that Mutemath is bigger than Eisley: Mutemath has a song in Rock Band. Eisley does not.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Well, it helped having that Matt kid do Typical on American Idol around the time MTV was pumping the Backwards Video on M2. They followed that up with a lot of touring and it paid off cause their record was solid, even if they didn't have another single do as well as that one. Just goes to show, you are just one hit single away from success in this day and age.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

freakinalex wrote:
Irrefutable proof that Mutemath is bigger than Eisley: Mutemath has a song in Rock Band. Eisley does not.

Irrefutable proof that Mutemath is bigger than U2: Mutemath has a song in Rock Band. U2 does not.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I dunno, Weston is pretty big. I think he's bigger than everyone on Mute Math.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
freakinalex
Lost at Forum

DRMS_7888 wrote:
freakinalex wrote:

Irrefutable proof that Mutemath is bigger than U2: Mutemath has a song in Rock Band. U2 does not.

Touché.

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

DRMS_7888 wrote:
freakinalex wrote:

Which is a shame, really, because U2 songs would work really well for the easy setting on Rock Band. Bassist? Play eighth notes. Guitarist? Your solo is four notes on one string. Singer? Talk about Africa during the instrumental bits. Drummer? Just look pretty.

It's too bad Rock Band can't simulate having a roadie under the stage cue up all your effects for you, and you don't get extra points for wearing platform shoes and stupid jackets.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
johnip
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
DRMS_7888 wrote:
freakinalex wrote:

Which is a shame, really, because U2 songs would work really well for the easy setting on Rock Band. Bassist? Play eighth notes. Guitarist? Your solo is four notes on one string. Singer? Talk about Africa during the instrumental bits. Drummer? Just look pretty.

It's too bad Rock Band can't simulate having a roadie under the stage cue up all your effects for you, and you don't get extra points for wearing platform shoes and stupid jackets.

Laughing

Vintage Newbie

boone wrote:
tahruh wrote:
Did they really? I assumed they were bigger than MM. I wonder if MM will join them...if it's true to begin with. Maybe Todd (I think that's his name) can be the guitar tech. Laughing

Oh, no no no. Mutemath was getting a huge push at the time. Oregon has a pretty tepid Eisley fanbase (there are only three regular posters from the state on the forum, and one of them is my roommate) but people came in full force for MM at the Portland show. I think Eisley held their own, though, and got some new fans.

Yeah, what's up with Oregon?

I do remember a couple guys at the Portland MM show that were going all out for Eisley during They All Surrounded Me (at least the specific memory is during that song, I'm sure it was the whole show, though). I remember them jumping up and down and yelling each "NO" together. Actually, I think they were louder than Stacy.
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

vivalaspopie wrote:
one of my favorite genres is West Coast G-Funk.

Really?
Which artists/albums in particular?

As far as a SA/E tour - I don't see it happening as from what I have read SA's would be sooner since the album is in the can and even a video and Eisley is not even half done recording their album.

Maybe it will be a short set of dates - Eisley opens for SA when they play in Texas and neighboring states while still working on their new album?

vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

bigideas wrote:
vivalaspopie wrote:

Really?

I mostly just listen to Snoop, Dre, and Coolio. Dr. Dre's The Chronic is one of my favorite albums (regardless of genre). I just got into G-funk recently and have also dabbled in N.W.A. and Da Brat. Why? Do you have any suggestions of better or more obscure G-funk artists?

Vintage Newbie

uh oh, here we go again... Laughing

the now gone 90's music thread had a great list, all that's left is the Kanye, Autotune, Rap thread, I have a list of good hip hop from Gangsta Rap to G-Funk, to Underground on page 8

http://www.eisley.com/laughingcity/viewtopic.php?t=35687&postdays=0&po storder=asc&start=105

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

vivalaspopie wrote:
bigideas wrote:
vivalaspopie wrote:

Really?

I mostly just listen to Snoop, Dre, and Coolio. Dr. Dre's The Chronic is one of my favorite albums (regardless of genre). I just got into G-funk recently and have also dabbled in N.W.A. and Da Brat. Why? Do you have any suggestions of better or more obscure G-funk artists?

Snoop - Doggystyle (which I imagine you have - and the only Snoop I have)

Warren G - Regulate...G Funk Era (I really like this one, but it doesn't have the widespread acclaim of Dre or Snoop)

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>