Laughing City

Would you participate if such a thread existed?
Yes
71%
 71%  [ 5 ]
No
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
This is wrong!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

mr pine
Vintage Newbie

So I would like to make a thread where we can share some Full live show recordings of our favorite bands.

I am not sure if this is against the terms or not, so I have yet to put my first one up.

I want to get a census from you guys if it is something you would like or not.

there will be rules;

#1 - You must upload full concerts, not just songs

#2 - They can't be from comercially available live shows (ie, no one should upload Panic Live in Chicago. But they could upload another Panic show that is not for sale).

#3 - ???

#4 - Profit (j/k)

If you all like the idea. I can post a couple tonight.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
johnip
Vintage Newbie

I'm not sure if they've been released for sale, but I have an old Pearl Jam concert and a Radiohead concert in Atlanta that I recorded off the radio with my old mp3 player.. I'll see if I can dig them up and find a place to upload them.
Vintage Newbie

i usually upload everything to sendspace.

the only problem being, that after 7 days of no one downloading it, it disappears.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

www.internetarchive.org is a good place for uploading live shows.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9638 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
johnip
Vintage Newbie

Here's the Pearl Jam one. Sendspace took forever to upload it o_O Was only going at ~25kbs is that normal? I never upload anything, just downloads heh.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/08qphn

I'll get the Radiohead one up later after I rename it all so it has the song titles. I never got around to doing that.

Lost at Forum

I suggest MediaFire for your uploading needs, I find I get better speed both uploading and downloading and they don't delete after just 7 days.

I don't have much in terms of variety for these shows... Lots of Avett Brothers, a fair amount of Josh Ritter, and an Eisley, Gatsby's American Dream and Paul McCartney show each. If anyone's interested in any of this, however, I don't mind sharing.

For those of you who use torrents and are interested in getting quality bootlegs, I suggest eTree, DIME and as another poster said, archive.org. There's also Sugarmegs which, while not a torrent site or high-quality, has a pretty incredible selection.

Vintage Newbie

Freakin' great idea. I have a few meager offerings. I also have one suggestion for a rule: given LC's regulations on posting downloads of copyrighted works, make sure any bootlegs are of bands listed at the Bands That Allow Taping database.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
johnip
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
Freakin' great idea. I have a few meager offerings. I also have one suggestion for a rule: given LC's regulations on posting downloads of copyrighted works, make sure any bootlegs are of bands listed at the Bands That Allow Taping database.

Looks like I'm ok on the two I have. Unfortunately 40mb and 20 minutes into the Radiohead concert, my internet reset due to a storm so now I have to wait till it blows over and start the 45min process all over again. Rolling Eyes

Vintage Newbie

Ok, here's the Radiohead one. Enjoy. Not perfect, but it's decent quality considering.
http://www.mediafire.com/?cmgjmvjzztm

Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:

No love for me. Every band i looked up wasn't on there.

I will post them anyway.

Probably.

wilsmith wrote:

mr pine
Vintage Newbie

well here are two

Tenacious D live in Philly from 1999

http://www.sendspace.com/file/fn1st4

and the Complete Beatles Abbey Road rooftop concert.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/gqlaa8

wilsmith wrote:

uncreative
Vintage Newbie

mr pine wrote:
well here are two

Tenacious D live in Philly from 1999

http://www.sendspace.com/file/fn1st4

and the Complete Beatles Abbey Road rooftop concert.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/gqlaa8

I have a Tenacious D show in Portland from 2000. Maybe I'll throw that on here, and thanks, I'm gonna download that TD in Philly show. And who's that other band you posted? Wink
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

I have a pink floyd show i want to upload, but it is going to take some time to get up. maybe this weekend I will get it up here.

wilsmith wrote:

grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

Mooncutter wrote:

For those of you who use torrents and are interested in getting quality bootlegs, I suggest eTree, DIME and as another poster said, archive.org. There's also Sugarmegs which, while not a torrent site or high-quality, has a pretty incredible selection.

I'm an utter DIME whore, waiting on a Pumpkins vid from 1998 + earliest known filmed REM show (1982!) from there right now.

rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

I've recorded a few shows but the quality is pretty crappy because I'm inept. Additionally, I've failed to transfer most of the recordings from my Minidisc and I don't know if I ever will. But I've recorded Eisley, Midlake, and Black Nasty for sure. Yes... that's right... Black Nasty. Please don't look him up if you're easily offended (or anywhere between easy to offend and hard to offend).

I'd love to get my hands on a copy of REM from August 1999 in San Antonio simply because that was the best show I've ever been to. Supposedly a tape exists, but I never have the energy to search for it.

I do possess a copy of a fantastic Ben Folds show from Austin and I even have a copy of Eisley's set when they opened for Coldplay in Dallas (relatively poor quality). Maybe a couple of others. Not sure. I'd have to dig.

Don't know if I have the time/energy to upload them, but if anyone is very interested I'll see what I can do.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number