Laughing City
Dan and Sam
Golly, Poster

The tour starts today... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

We can hardly wait the week-and-a-half 'til we get to go to the Detroit/Pontiac show!!! We're EISLEYFIED to the max.
S-o-o-o-o excited! Wink

Lost Account 14116
Sea Post King

Well dang, the Baltimore (Towson) show is sold out.

Actually, I just realized I'll be in Boston the night of the Baltimore show anyway.

Sad
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Jared x wrote:
Saellys wrote:
uncreative wrote:
EP + Perma + t-shirt = $40 + tickets for 2 shows = $90 + gas to Seattle and back (split 2 ways) = $120 + food and such in Seattle = $140 + hoodie??? = $180

In-freaking-sane.

Nah. Not insane at all. Relatively reasonable prices for a quality band. Worth it to me.

$20 for a total if six songs is pretty bloody unreasonable, but then, so is paying headliner price to see an Eisley opening set, which is why I'm staying home with my two iTunes-purchased Fire Kite tracks. $200 Leonard Cohen tickets were my live show extravagance for this year. I have bills to pay.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

Saellys wrote:
Jared x wrote:
Saellys wrote:
uncreative wrote:
EP + Perma + t-shirt = $40 + tickets for 2 shows = $90 + gas to Seattle and back (split 2 ways) = $120 + food and such in Seattle = $140 + hoodie??? = $180

In-freaking-sane.

Nah. Not insane at all. Relatively reasonable prices for a quality band. Worth it to me.

$20 for a total if six songs is pretty bloody unreasonable, but then, so is paying headliner price to see an Eisley opening set, which is why I'm staying home with my two iTunes-purchased Fire Kite tracks. $200 Leonard Cohen tickets were my live show extravagance for this year. I have bills to pay.

Agreed.
(Wow, I am agreeing with you alot lately!)

I've already been to...
7 concerts this year, and have 3 coming up. I've never gone to that many in a year. Ever.
I usually don't go to shows where the entire lineup isn't just "wow." I'm picky.
The only exceptions to this is the A Fine Frenzy tour next week. I can barely stand to watch her perform...
But there's Landon Pigg. Razz
nico
Sea Post King

Pricing is set by the headlining band (this is standard throughout the industry), in this case Say Anything, we have to follow. Their tour their rules.
Joined: 23 Jul 2007 | Posts: 55 | Location: Ottawa, Ontario
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

princesstripandfall wrote:
Saellys wrote:
Jared x wrote:
Saellys wrote:
uncreative wrote:

In-freaking-sane.

Agreed.

I've already been to...
7 concerts this year, and have 3 coming up. I've never gone to that many in a year. Ever.
I usually don't go to shows where the entire lineup isn't just "wow." I'm picky.
The only exceptions to this is the A Fine Frenzy tour next week. I can barely stand to watch her perform...

Freaky, I agree with you about A Fine Frenzy too! Wink I saw her open for Brandi Carlile and she repulsed me.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

Saellys wrote:
princesstripandfall wrote:
Saellys wrote:
Jared x wrote:
Saellys wrote:
uncreative wrote:

In-freaking-sane.

Agreed.

I've already been to...

Freaky, I agree with you about A Fine Frenzy too! Wink I saw her open for Brandi Carlile and she repulsed me.

It's the slightly off-beat hip shaking, odd hand movements, and hair touching/pulling/mussing thing.

I mean, I can get into an awkward dancer (Lisa Hannigan, I'm talking to you!)....but it's too much.

Anyway...
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

Poached tonight's setlist from absolutepunk:

Marvelous Things
Invasion
The Valley
Golly Sandra
Mr. Pine
Smarter (with Max on guitar)
I Could Be There For You
Come Clean
Ambulance
Memories
Many Funerals

Sea Post King

Wow I guess I won't be able to get a Say Anything t-shirt if i am getting all this eisley stuff..... That sucks because I like both of these bands alot. And there is noo way I can offord that hoodie. Also isn't boyd or someone working on a merch thing online for after the tour???
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

someone post some pics of the Perma single please.
Caley
Lost at Forum

That's one solid setlist! In other words, I'm loving it. The ATX date needs to get here already! No wait... Cold weather needs to get here before they get here so I'm not sweating at Emo's like I was yesterday walking to class. LOL. Too hot for October.
Jared x
Lost at Forum

Mooncutter wrote:
Poached tonight's setlist from absolutepunk:

Marvelous Things
Invasion
The Valley
Golly Sandra
Mr. Pine
Smarter (with Max on guitar)
I Could Be There For You
Come Clean
Ambulance
Memories
Many Funerals

...really? That's actually sort of disappointing. Not sure what I was expecting...but yeah. Not that.

Oh well. I'll still enjoy it a lot!
Caley
Lost at Forum

Did you want more RN or more Combinations? I'm just happy they're performing Mr. Pine and three new tracks... and no Telescope Eyes. LOL.
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

I can't wait for the endless youtube videos!!!
I won't be able to make it to this tour, but I will for sure be buying the online EP.

I love when Eisley tours! All the new hair-do's, clothes, songs, versions of songs, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy, much like the holidays... haha, I may have exaggerated that a bit...

Jared x
Lost at Forum

Caley wrote:
Did you want more RN or more Combinations? I'm just happy they're performing Mr. Pine and three new tracks... and no Telescope Eyes. LOL.

I could do without Marvelous Things, Golly Sandra, and Come Clean. And Mr. Pine, to be honest. I do understand why they're playing Come Clean though.

Like I said before, I'll enjoy it. The set list just seems a bit odd to me, for some reason. They said less obscure songs...but Mr. Pine? I'd take that out in a heartbeat and replace it with Like The Actors or Head Against The Sky, since both have iTunes EPs.