Laughing City
kathymunster
Golly, Poster

I just got back from the concert at the Recher Theatre in Towson, MD.. it was so amazing. It was my first time seeing them live, and words cannot express how wonderful Eisley sound live.
I went there for Eisley, but I have to say the opening act: Miniature Tigers, is quite incredible too. And I got to talk to the guys after their set, they're so funny and sweet especially the drummer, whose name escapes me at the moment.
The second act, Moneen was..... not my cup of tea. At all, really. But they were very energetic.
As stated before, Eisley was incredible, but I think they didnt play as many songs as they were supposed to? Oh well, they still managed to play some really great songs.
Say Anything was amazing too, I've only just recently gotten into them, but daaaamn do they play good live.
I also managed to talk to Eisley after their set, and before Say Anything came on, and they were all so friendly. I didn't really get to talk to Stacy or Sherri, but I managed to tell Chauntelle how great her voice was and she seemed really genuine and friendly, and told me that she was nervous about her voice since she was getting over a cold and it felt wobbly, but it didn't sound sick at all! These two random girls were behind me and my friend when they played, and right before Chauntelle sang the bridge in ICBTFY, I told them that she rarely sings, so it was a big deal and they were so surprised since her voice is so gorgeous.
I also got to talk to Garron and Weston, which was cool, overall it was an amazing first time experience. Their set was brilliant, Miniature Tigers was brilliant.
Did anyone else here go to the show at the Recher?

-Mae West
dangerous
Sea Post King

Luckyyy !!!
Joined: 13 Nov 2003 | Posts: 165 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida
MichaelMakeArt
Sea Post King

I went to the Recher show with my friend, Rachel. It was wonderful, though I admit the speakers were a bit scratchy and the acoustics were a little shot in that space. But it was a step up from Sonar, which was much worse in terms of sound. I just can't wait for their headlining tour. If they come to Baltimore or DC, I'll be there, because the 9:30 club show in DC was brilliant. Regardless, Eisley sounded SO good, and the levels of their vocals and the quality of thier sound was top notch. This new album is so exciting!

But same sentiments about the openers. Moneen was pretty rotten, no offense to them or the other bands on the tour. I bet they are great guys, but their live outfit is pretty standard, overwrought, and boring. But thats my taste, I don't want to offend fans of the genre. And it just plain hurt mah eearrrsss. Miniature Tigers were freakin' adorable. Their sounds grew on me during the evening. But it was definitely a treat to talk to the fam. I had to tell them how much I appreciated them, and they are so humble and kind. I bet they'd be really wonderful friends!
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

kathymunster wrote:
I just got back from the concert at the Recher Theatre in Towson, MD.. it was so amazing. It was my first time seeing them live, and words cannot express how wonderful Eisley sound live.
I went there for Eisley, but I have to say the opening act: Miniature Tigers, is quite incredible too. And I got to talk to the guys after their set, they're so funny and sweet especially the drummer, whose name escapes me at the moment.
The second act, Moneen was..... not my cup of tea. At all, really. But they were very energetic.
As stated before, Eisley was incredible, but I think they didnt play as many songs as they were supposed to? Oh well, they still managed to play some really great songs.
Say Anything was amazing too, I've only just recently gotten into them, but daaaamn do they play good live.
I also managed to talk to Eisley after their set, and before Say Anything came on, and they were all so friendly. I didn't really get to talk to Stacy or Sherri, but I managed to tell Chauntelle how great her voice was and she seemed really genuine and friendly, and told me that she was nervous about her voice since she was getting over a cold and it felt wobbly, but it didn't sound sick at all! These two random girls were behind me and my friend when they played, and right before Chauntelle sang the bridge in ICBTFY, I told them that she rarely sings, so it was a big deal and they were so surprised since her voice is so gorgeous.
I also got to talk to Garron and Weston, which was cool, overall it was an amazing first time experience. Their set was brilliant, Miniature Tigers was brilliant.
Did anyone else here go to the show at the Recher?
Chauntelle, what a sweetheart! Love Talked to her once, myself! She's amazing Smile
kathymunster
Golly, Poster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0R1uj6e368
here's a little video i made with I Could Be There For You, Memories, and Smarter.
Oh,and I also managed to get a Perma single, which I included a picture of and a little clip of Fallen Pollen at the end.

-Mae West
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

Thanks! I really enjoyed that! Smile
Morwen
Sea Post King

I was at this show!! And I totally agree about the opening bands. Miniature Tigers was adorable. Moneen.... eh.

I was able to take some (I think) awesome photos though. Thanks again, Boyd!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25335899@N08/tags/rechertheatre/
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

Nice one!

kathymunster
Golly, Poster

your photos are great, i wish i had my photos had came out like that Razz

-Mae West
Morwen
Sea Post King

grain thrower wrote:

Nice one!

Thank you! Very Happy
Morwen
Sea Post King

kathymunster wrote:
your photos are great, i wish i had my photos had came out like that Razz

thanks! Smile i was able to get up front at a nice angle
marshkingsdaughter
Golly, Poster

I had tickets but couldn't go. So disappointing! I have yet to see Eisley live. It's been a dream my whole teen life.

http://inconnumag.com