Laughing City
Mims
Golly, Poster

Anyone have any idea if this will be released on the record (or as an extra at the least)? I hope that the worst case scenario is that it is like Lady of the Wood (they play it but is not released).
Joined: 03 Jun 2006 | Posts: 617 | Location: Tallahassee, Florida
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

well we know from the videos it's been recorded, so it should see some sort of release. if it's not on the album, it'll be a b-side

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
Christophjam
Sea Post King

I can see why they didn't play it on the Say Anything tour, because it was so mellow...that doesn't mean it won't be on the album. but I can also see it falling into "Like the Actors" territory.
Catey
Lost at Forum

It probably wasn't played during the SA tour since they had Ambulance and The Valley to play plus the re-incarnated version of Smarter.

I thought Be Kind had a special meaning behind it, a lot of people were assuming it was like Stacy's song for her boyfriend but who knows.
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

Christophjam wrote:
I can see why they didn't play it on the Say Anything tour, because it was so mellow...that doesn't mean it won't be on the album. but I can also see it falling into "Like the Actors" territory.

you're probably right. it's a cool song and could give the new album more dynamic but at the same time it may be too different compared to the heavier/darker songs we've heard so far like ambulance, smarter, the valley, and that new sherri song in one of the videos (mr. moon?). but then there was that other song that stacy was playing in their last video and then there's 192 days that boyd said has been recorded for the album. then there's the other songs like i wish and oxygen mask that we haven't heard yet so...

are more songs being recorded? like b-sides or anything cause i'd think it'd be nice if the new album had more then 10 songs plus b-sides

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
LacyFace
Sea Post King

I heard from one of them on twitter maybe even boyd that it was going to be on the record. Plus is was on the eiswood sessions. I think its pretty safe to say its on there.
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

The Man In The Moon wrote:
Christophjam wrote:

you're probably right. it's a cool song and could give the new album more dynamic but at the same time it may be too different compared to the heavier/darker songs we've heard so far like ambulance, smarter, the valley, and that new sherri song in one of the videos (mr. moon?)

Honestly, I'd much rather have it be "too different," if the other option is more Smarter-esque "heavy/dark" material. I liked that song the first couple times I heard it but now it grates on my nerves...
And even though the Valley could be seen as darker, it *sounds* so happy to me that it makes me happy, and Ambulance is beautiful in it's frailty.