Laughing City
So Cal Oasis
Lost at Forum

Mtv slotted Marvelous Things for video rotation..........and i haven't seen it yet....
TWinbrook46636
Sea Post King

I have yet to see it on MTV as well. I think they're too busy pushing gansta rap to six year olds to bother. I was flipping channels when a local college station just happened to be playing it. This was the first I had even heard of Eisely so I'm glad I caught it. I was so struck with the Marvelous Things video and song I immediately bought both EPs. It's getting rare these days to find a band this good that also has their act together.

"This is the last time that I'll wish you dead
I think I've decided to like you instead"
- Go Sailor
potato
Laughing Citizen

i've seen it 4 times on tv now.
once on fuse and three times on mtv2.
just start watching subterranean. they play it occasionally

Squirly
Vintage Newbie

my friend makes fun of me cause he sees then on MTV2 and i dont chave it.
Joined: 15 Jan 2004 | Posts: 5464 | Location: Galt, California
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jonathan
Sea Post King

kick your friend.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ridicularious
Sea Post King

Now, Eisley, should your videos continue in such an IMPRESSIVE manner (and we ALL know that they will) you have to promise a DVD video collection later on down the road...

With you being Coldplay's pals and all could you mention that idea to the guys??? Such incredible videos that they definately need to put those on DVD....

Hi my name is Jeremy and I have a habbit of chasing rabbits...sowwry... Embarassed

Come say "hello" www.myspace.com/wwwmyspacecomderringer
Joined: 04 Apr 2004 | Posts: 442 | Location: nashvegas baby!!!!
Ryan-Guitarist
Sea Post King

Squirly wrote:
my friend makes fun of me cause he sees then on MTV2 and i dont chave it.

HA!

A pedestrian hit me and went under my car...

http://www.xanga.com/ryanguitarist
www.japetto.cjb.net
Joined: 20 Jan 2004 | Posts: 81 | Location: Galt, California
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mrb0janggles
Sea Post King

saw the video on subterranean and recorded that stuff on tivo, hopefully the video brings more new fans to eisley cause there's always a select few that need to listen to different music. some people don't know what they're missing out on.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mrb0janggles
Sea Post King

saw the video on subterranean and recorded that stuff on tivo, hopefully the video brings more new fans to eisley cause there's always a select few that need to listen to different music. some people don't know what they're missing out on.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ryan-Guitarist
Sea Post King

mrb0janggles wrote:

nicley put!

www.japetto.cjb.net
Nathan-Drummer
Sea Post King

I have probably seen the eisley video four or five times on MTV2's subterranean not MTV. Mtv is way too busy pushing that hip-hop garbage and I think I am the friend who makes fun of squirly becuase he cant watch MTV2, maybe i'm not
Ryan-Guitarist
Sea Post King

Nathan-Drummer wrote:
I have probably seen the eisley video four or five times on MTV2's subterranean not MTV. Mtv is way too busy pushing that hip-hop garbage and I think I am the friend who makes fun of squirly becuase he cant watch MTV2, maybe i'm not

I think we both are really... or maybe he just makes things up as he goes?

www.japetto.cjb.net
hakeber
Sea Post King

Hi!
I'm sure this is old news - but I found the Marvelous Things video on launch.yahoo.com (I already knew about Eisley - thanks to <shudder> seventeen magazine for that - at least that magazine has served some purpose for me!). I found the video on launch a week ago (I didn't know they had a video out yet) and I watch it most days.

I guess I'm a little bit obssessed. It's such a nice song. And the way it's a slightly creepy yet dewy and sweet video is nice. Eisley is thus far the best band I have found this year in my new search for Better Music.

It was a foray into the world of secular music I began with much hesitation - fully knowing the sort of posterior-shaking and/or Rock Chomping caucauphony I would have to endure along the way. But it is paying off - I started listening to the college station and bought obscure movie soundtracks and all of a sudden I heard Coldplay, Death Cab for Cutie, Emilianna Torrini, Iron & Wine, the Shins, Postal Service, Radiohead, and etc. That was a nice change.

I still love my old switchfoot CD's (the old ones I say! none of this newfangled, lyrically-dry, mainstream-pandering stuff!) - but the only Christian music on the station here is very.... boring.

So this has been a long rant, likely useless to everyone but me - but so you know, I have been looking for you and your music for a long time Chauntelle, Sherri, Jonathan, Weston and Stacy - and I'm glad I finally found you.

Love,
Deborah

nataliesluckynumberis13
Sea Post King

Haha! That's hilarious! Unfortunetly, I too Found eisley in seventeen. Wow. That is cool. I love the song and when it was on subterranean a while back ( i think) i recoreded it and watch it when i'm sad. I don't know it makes me happy! Very Happy
boyd
Eisleyoid

aww...what a well thought out, nice post by hackebur... hackbur...
heckeber? sorry Deborah. I couldn't remember it. Did you find Laughing
City or Marvelous Things ep yet? Those will give you something to digest.
Marvelous Things - the song is probably in the center. There are moving
tunes that reach far outside the center... stuff that's slower... more rootsy,
stuff that's more pop, stuff that's even more creative... oh wait, some of
that stuff is on the next record. Or might be. sheesh. Thanks. And,
Switchfoot does rock. Nice guys too.

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists