Laughing City
golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

Hello there. So, I know the DuPrees have been VERY busy (with good things.. congratulations to all involved) lately, but if I remember correctly, they were aiming for a February release for the new album...? I'm not trying to be pushy and whatnot, just being curious as to how that's coming along. It's just that... the sooner it comes out, the likelier chance there will be a tour... and yeah, I'm rambling. Just wondering is all. Thoughts? Razz
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I will offer this...

The buzz was "spring 2010 release" and at one point something as specific as "February".

If it happens this spring, my money is it will be late spring, unless it's a "soft release", which would not be cool at all unless Wiener Brothers are willing to commit to doing a slow but dedicated build over however long it takes to do this one justice.

My shot in the dark is: A Wednesday in June 2010.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9638 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
My shot in the dark is: A Wednesday in June 2010.

I believe it.

ks1990
Lost at Forum

lol, I think it's safe to say a February release is out of the question. Besides, it appears as though they haven't even completed it yet, there are few final tweaks they are doing, right? And after that, the label will probably be really pissy concerning release dates and stuff, seeing as how unreliable WB is (especially its Nashville division, but that's a completely different matter). Then, when the release date is actually finalized, they'll probably be the obligatory delay or two.

My estimate? Q4 of 2010.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

I'm not even going to hope for it before September. Every single time Boyd has given an estimate on a release date before the album was mastered and pressed, it's been wrong. Not blaming him or anything of course, that's just the way these things go.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

Um, yes. This is Combinations all over again. Laughing
Not complaining though, Vyvienne Long's debut got pushed back almost a year.
My money's on August/September. Maybe.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I think the comments on the last trolleywoold say it all:

juan wrote:
Does all this good news mean that the lp will be lighter, less dark direction than fire kite indicated or is it pretty much done? I guess the ep hints that the hurt is still very prominent in the minds of the band, but it would be good to hear the new found Dupree happiness making it's way to the lp.

boyd wrote:
Juan wants bright. hey, we should re-cut Brightly Wound but like - do it ska. Nah, that was a legit question. hmm... have to think about it Stephen. Maybe the album is outdated... people are happy again. We should scrap it and start over. We could just release it in the UK for you only!

So... we're in trouble if everyone wants happy wappy. That'd be like hoping a writer admitted to a state psycho ward might for 2 years might write a book about pretty ponies. Sure, a year or so later, she might buy a pink pony but... that book...

Nah, it's not so dark. I just want to pick on Juan.

Juan... you started a dangerous epidemic with just one question. I'm already on a plane to England and I'm going to behead you. Look for a skinny guy in a suit of armor. I'll have a cheap plastic speaker box stuck to my armor. It will be looping a fiendish cackle...

In my head I cross reference that with him mentioning earlier that they were taking another look at songs and how they feel about them, and I can see how they might be more apt to take their time. Keep in mind they finally have a manager who doesn't have a conflict of interest, and in the truest since has their best interests, and overall happiness in mind.

On the bright side, we may get another EP/ Maxi-Single along the way...

BTW since I only read Trolleywood leading up to Room Noises, then checked out for a long while, and never went into the LC, I missed all of that hub bub about Combinations. The fact that it came out 2 years after Room Noises is right on time industrywise for the casual fan... but....

I remember Boyd talking about having LP2 basically in the can while recording Room Noises, and plans to get it out sooner rather than later. And that was funny to me cause it was 2 years from Marvelous Things EP to LP1, which seemed like an eternity at the time. If it gets a fall "super-tuesday" type release this may well be their The Carter III, but they need to do a gang of mixtapes and collaborations before then Laughing

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9638 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
anotherrandomtuesday
Vintage Newbie

I'm thinking around October.
Joined: 28 Jul 2005 | Posts: 4455 | Location: Sacramento, CA.
Catey
Lost at Forum

I was thinking the summertime since it would be the same kind of time that Combinations came out and would give them a good 4 or 3 1/2 months to tour this year and then whatever they want to do in 2011.
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
happyface
Sea Post King

Stop it!
I was expecting February,but thanks to you guys now I'm expecting November.
Joined: 23 Aug 2009 | Posts: 251 | Location: The Gold City, Puerto Rico
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

happyface wrote:
Stop it!

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's February now and the album isn't done yet. Those who have unrealistic expectations are destined for disappointment. Wink

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
happyface
Sea Post King

Saellys wrote:
happyface wrote:
Stop it!

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's February now and the album isn't done yet. Those who have unrealistic expectations are destined for disappointment. Wink

I'm just real excited,that's all. Rolling Eyes
Do they always do this?The tripping and falling princess was saying "...Combinations all over again...".
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

happyface wrote:
Saellys wrote:
happyface wrote:
Stop it!

Do they always do this?The tripping and falling princess was saying "...Combinations all over again...".

Combinations' release date got delayed well after the album was finished. It happens to everyone, really, and the only way to avoid mass bit-chomping on the part of the fans is to just not mention anything about a release date while the album is in progress and surprise everybody (see also: Radiohead's In Rainbows). But Boyd is all about full disclosure, and I wouldn't change that for anything, even though it gets people disappointed now and then.

Smokemonster
happyface
Sea Post King

Saellys wrote:
happyface wrote:
Saellys wrote:
happyface wrote:
Stop it!

Combinations' release date got delayed well after the album was finished. It happens to everyone, really, and the only way to avoid mass bit-chomping on the part of the fans is to just not mention anything about a release date while the album is in progress and surprise everybody (see also: Radiohead's In Rainbows). But Boyd is all about full disclosure, and I wouldn't change that for anything, even though it gets people disappointed now and then.

Nothing to do but wait,then. Crying or Very sad
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

It's all good! Smile

goto page
 | next >>