Laughing City

Do you wash your face whilst in the shower or do you wait?
in the shower
94%
 94%  [ 34 ]
after the shower
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 36

mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

rightyho, we've had a few shower-related threads in the past, and here's another.

Today's question is... Do you wash your face whilst you're in the shower, or do you wait until afterward, ie after you've brushed your teeth?

Am i weird for preferring the latter? I do see value in doing it whilst in the shower, but shower gel is generally for the body, right, not the face? body gel - body, soap - face... I've never considered this until today, when a friend and I discussed this issue.

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
johnip
Vintage Newbie

Shower gel?

I use shampoo for my hair and a bar of soap for everything else. Body, hair, then wash my face last. Then during the winter I freeze to death while I'm drying off >.>

Lost at Forum

I wash my face and brush my teeth BEFORE I shower so then when I get out I can cleanse and moisturise etcetc oh and I do mouthwash before I shower too so by the time I'm ready I can eat without the manky mint taste that you get when you mix mouthwash taste with food.
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
Lynn
Golly, Poster

I sometimes even brush my teeth in the shower... Anyway, I prefer washing my face in the shower, with face gel or something. I wash it after I shower only when I forget to do it during shower.
I used to use shower gel for my body, but now I use just soap more often. I should start using shower gel again.
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

I pretty much do whatever I can in the shower. Face, teeth, blow my nose,... I think it's cleaner that way. I hate messy sinks. I use dove bar soap for the body, and various face cleansers, depending on the weather.
Cendrillon
Golly, Poster

I have one of those Clarisonic thingies, like an electric toothbrush for your face, haha, so I wash my face with that in the shower. Before I had one I always washed my face after my shower.
golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

I wash my face in the shower. It's more convenient that way. I've also developed a habit of brushing my teeth in the shower too, but flossing beforehand. *shrugs* It works.
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

golly_sandra wrote:
I've also developed a habit of brushing my teeth in the shower too, but flossing beforehand. *shrugs* It works.

it does work Smile

Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

cynlovescandy wrote:
I pretty much do whatever I can in the shower. Face, teeth, blow my nose,... I think it's cleaner that way. I hate messy sinks. I use dove bar soap for the body, and various face cleansers, depending on the weather.

I'd been using Dove moisturizer for years and now they aren't selling it anymore because there has been talk of 'cancerous ingredients' in it. Wtf. Dove was always heaven sent to me.
golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

Kylee Janai wrote:
I'd been using Dove moisturizer for years and now they aren't selling it anymore because there has been talk of 'cancerous ingredients' in it. Wtf. Dove was always heaven sent to me.

Really? Just the moisturizer or all their products? I used Dove bar soaps for years... I prefer them over any others if I have to use bar soap. I usually stick with shower gels now, though, and have a great variety in my bathroom, haha.

But anyway, I, too, use respective cleansers for whatever I'm cleaning. Shampoo/conditioner, shower gel, face wash... I'd never use one thing for everything.

sukieinthe_g
Golly, Poster

golly_sandra wrote:
Kylee Janai wrote:

Really? Just the moisturizer or all their products? I used Dove bar soaps for years... I prefer them over any others if I have to use bar soap. I usually stick with shower gels now, though, and have a great variety in my bathroom, haha.

But anyway, I, too, use respective cleansers for whatever I'm cleaning. Shampoo/conditioner, shower gel, face wash... I'd never use one thing for everything.

If it isn't one thing, it's another. Apparently, everything causes cancer.

I wash my face in the shower. So convenient! Plus, I hate trying to stoop over the sink to get my face clean. I always feel like I don't completely get everything.

Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

golly_sandra wrote:
Kylee Janai wrote:

Really? Just the moisturizer or all their products? I used Dove bar soaps for years... I prefer them over any others if I have to use bar soap.

I am not sure, there was a whole list of products my mom was naming off, but I stopped paying attention when I heard Dove Moisturizer because that has been one of the only (out of soo many) that haven't done anything bad to my skin. At the Targets, Grocery Stores, Walmarts around me there aren't any Dove products besides the shampoo and conditioner so who knows Confused

sukieinthe_g wrote:

Gosh, you are so right. May as well just go slop in mud for a face mask.
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

At least this thread is less offputting than the last one asking about who does what in the shower; TMI.

Gen-Y'ers have no sense of privacy, dignity or personal space sometimes.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Used to be after, now it's "at the end of" since I went from using a separate towel and soap for my face (easy enough to do at the sink) to using a towel and bodywash, and then a facial cleanser that has to be applied by hand, then rinsed off the face (which is a lot easier to do in a running shower).

and as far as TMI and Gen-Y, it's not a generational thing, it's a demographic thing, at the age Gen Y is now, all my Gen X buddies and I were just as forthcoming and tactless in our blurting, it's a phase, one that gets longer and longer like relativity as people get more and more fixated on staying hip as they age... till everyone ends up talking like a cross between Sarah Silverman and Dane Cook.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Last edited by wilsmith on Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

sukieinthe_g wrote:

LOL so true..