Laughing City
oliez
Vintage Newbie

Just to let you all know, the band is starting to add some "official" videos to their youtube profile...promote...share...rate...comment...show some (independent) labels why they need to sign, record, distribute and PROMOTE Eisley. They have a great internet base (starting with all of us) and we need to show that we are still there, even through their recent "Major" issues...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xewk7OgIrPU
(memories video)

-- on a side note...I remember working at a printing press when this video debuted and inbetween burning pates and walking to the press, I watched this video about 20 times. If only the band could have grown from imaging of this video with the rest of the videos from Room Noises (should I even bring up IWP?...). I find it to be a great base to the sound of that album...too bad it was the last in the cycle.--
Last edited by oliez on Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

I'm so glad they retained the rights to these!

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
oliez
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
I'm so glad they retained the rights to these!

yeah. the only one(s) that are missing now are I Wasn't Prepared (I can guess why that's not up...) and Telescope Eyes...I'm guessing with the huge industry push with TE they won't be able to post it.

who knows....

but now that they aren't signed to WB...I doubt their legal team will be checking youtube up-and-down for any eisley video...HINTHINT (to any youtubers...)...

(I'm on my final leg of youtube (thanks to WB) for posting videos with eisley backing music...or else I would post it...)
eiswood09
Sea Post King

Yay! I'm so glad I can actually view the video for "Memories".
WB blocked all their other official videos for those of us who don't reside in the US Sad I hope these videos could get unblocked soon.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

eiswood09 wrote:
WB blocked all their other official videos for those of us who don't reside in the US Sad I hope these videos could get unblocked soon.

WB blocked all their official videos for everyone. They removed them from YouTube entirely. Now that Eisley aren't with WB anymore, they can start to put them back online. Smile

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
eiswood09
Sea Post King

Saellys wrote:
eiswood09 wrote:

WB blocked all their official videos for everyone. They removed them from YouTube entirely. Now that Eisley aren't with WB anymore, they can start to put them back online. Smile

I'm glad! I can't view the other videos that are currently online though (ie. Marvelous Things, Invasion) Sad I keep getting the message: "This video contains content from WMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds." I hope it'll be fixed soon. I love watching their official videos Very Happy
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

you're welcome for the memories video.

i sent boyd a message on facebook asking him if i could post the video on my youtube since it wasnt on their page.

he said he would post it right away.

i am glad he is a man of his word.

here is a screen shot of the conversation.

it is such a good video, i am glad he posted it.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

I think the videos for Invasion and Marvelous Things came back a few months ago.
oliez wrote:

but now that they aren't signed to WB...I doubt their legal team will be checking youtube up-and-down for any eisley video...HINTHINT (to any youtubers...)...

(I'm on my final leg of youtube (thanks to WB) for posting videos with eisley backing music...or else I would post it...)

I just uploaded a video to check and I got a warning that it may include content that is owned or licensed by WMG Type: Audio content and
"As a result, your video is blocked worldwide." But then it goes on to say "No action is required on your part. Your video is still available worldwide." Sure enough it's up and playable when before the audio would have been automatically stripped.

*Edit* Oops I was wrong. WMG did block the video from the world but for some reason I could watch it. So, it's one notch better than before I guess. But this wasn't an official video so maybe they still can block audio?

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

I just noticed that today (about the videos being back up).

So glad they are able to do that...It was a music video that introduced me to Eisley. Even though they are hard to find on tv anymore, YouTube is the perfect place to get those back out there.
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

Good to see that ridiculously absurd corporate nonsense over with.

There is some good stuff up there...

Those live versions of Over the Mountains, Just Like We Do and Be Kind are truly stunning. They should be in the Smithsonian or something.

TE? Who cares.
nico
Sea Post King

I'll look into this and see what can be done to get those videos up.

Even though Eisley is no longer with WB, WB might still own the IP for the videos. Will investigate.

In the interim did you see the Loserkids acoustic set that was posted as a Facebook exclusive to http://www.facebook.com/eisley?v=app_2392950137

Joined: 23 Jul 2007 | Posts: 55 | Location: Ottawa, Ontario
norad
Vintage Newbie

All the music videos have been up on SYP media for a while now too: http://media.strangeyellowpatterns.com/

(I think most of the videos that are and have been on Eisley's youtube are there and all the other videos Boyd has posted over the years (and then some others).
Lynn
Golly, Poster

eiswood09 wrote:

I'm glad! I can't view the other videos that are currently online though (ie. Marvelous Things, Invasion) Sad I keep getting the message: "This video contains content from WMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds." I hope it'll be fixed soon. I love watching their official videos Very Happy

I get the same message :/
But I am still happy that they finally got to upload all those.