Laughing City
kung fu
Lost at Forum

what happned to songs like Mr PIne and Blackend crown? I love those songs, and I have them on my kazaa but i was expecting them on my CD Confused

I also noticed that the 'telescope eyes' EP version is very different to the other one i've heard, the intro on the EP is better but is it me or are some lyrics different and the middle section is missing some piano solo stuff? I like both versions but I guess i just presumed they would be the same....which version do eisley play live?

MY SPACE
Joined: 13 Jan 2004 | Posts: 1236 | Location: England/Canada
pvt.tucker.blue
Lost at Forum

kung fu wrote:
which version do eisley play live?

I believe the one on the EP

I love my forum Mom
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 1310 | Location: VA, but I don't throw beer at the stage
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Eisley recorded two unsigned eps/demos before Laughing City. That's where Blackened Crown, Telescope Eyes and Mr. Pine came from. They seem to be fairly prolific, too. Which is why they have a decently sized body of work that won't even make it to the full length. Basically, this stuff is unreleased, but well known to fans.
There's some debate now as to how these songs will play a role, if any, in the future recording output of Eisley. The band and older fans obviously feel they're old (because they've heard them all a million times and know some of them were written a few years ago or longer), but because Eisley is basically still unknown, they have the opportunity to release whatever the heck they want to as being a brand new song.

So goes the days of Eisley's muisc.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
Last edited by TheAntrider on Fri Jan 23, 2004 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
chasd00
it's pronounced "chasdew"

Mr. Pine and Blackened Crown are on Ep2 which isn't available in stores. You have to get it at a concert or download it. Yeah Telescope Eyes on Laughing City is different then what's on Ep2. I think it was changed because the song was destined for radio... I think don't quote me. Telescope Eyes got quite a bit of play here in Texas on The Edge's Adventure Club show. They use to play the Ep2 version at concerts but once it started getting radio play they started playing the Laughing City version.

edit: yeah what antrider said too. heh he got his post in while i was typing mine

Last edited by chasd00 on Fri Jan 23, 2004 8:07 am; edited 2 times in total
EisleyForever
Vintage Newbie

they didn't just play it on Adventure Club. Telescope Eyes was getting about 3 spins a day.
chasd00
it's pronounced "chasdew"

EisleyForever wrote:
they didn't just play it on Adventure Club. Telescope Eyes was getting about 3 spins a day.

ah, cool. I didn't know it made it on to the regular playlist

ali
since 1979

chad's got the ep1 lyrics/mp3s over here, if you wanna see the track order or need to fill in some gaps in your song library -- http://www.straylight6.org/albums.htm
MomentumShift
Vintage Newbie

Well...Mr. Pine is on A CD. i got it on a buzz oven cd i got a long time ago... but its not like im trying to prove you wrong or anything... i guess its one of those unsigned demo cd like that one guy was talking about.