Laughing City
keithabbott
Sea Post King

That's very eloquently said.

alinicole wrote:
I think the tattoo itself is nice, it's original and has personal meaning to her. I'm just not a fan of the position/size. It isn't my body, though... so as long as she's happy with it!

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I think across the board everyone might be underestimating how Rock & Roll Sherri (and the band) really is as far as their taste in personal style. It might have also been something they've been holding back. This far, their taste in men should say something about what they think looks appealing/ captivating. Birds of a feather.

As colorful characters as they sometimes are revealed to be I expect more interesting acts of creative expression to come.

That said, how do folks around here feel about the Suicide Girls?

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

This discussion reminds me of a similar one on a zinester forum about girls and their tattoos. There were a lot of depressing stories about people coming up to women they'd never met and saying crap like "You're really going to regret that someday". Confused

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

wilsmith wrote:
I think across the board everyone might be underestimating how Rock & Roll Sherri (and the band) really is as far as their taste in personal style. It might have also been something they've been holding back. This far, their taste in men should say something about what they think looks appealing/ captivating. Birds of a feather.

As colorful characters as they sometimes are revealed to be I expect more interesting acts of creative expression to come.

I think it might be that Sherri is the more ~rawwwk one.
The rest of them--especially Stacy-- don't seem that way to me, and Darren doesn't either (as far as the "taste in men" thing goes).
That said, I'm all for variation of influence and whatever. Laughing
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

I think it looks nice. If she likes it, then that is what matters.
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

I definitely would like it more if it was colorful, but as said, that's just a matter of taste.

Sherri commented that she likely won't be coloring it in because the black & white thing is her drawing style.

tahruh
Vintage Newbie

Also, since someone mentioned how often she changes her hair color, it's probably best she doesn't color it in because i think its supposed to be her. Laughing

that said, if she ever decides to go for it, i say give her pink hair.

Cendrillon
Golly, Poster

It's really cool art, but tattoos aren't my thing at all. Too permanent. There's too many opportunities to keep changing for me to want something so static on my body.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

princesstripandfall wrote:
I think it might be that Sherri is the more ~rawwwk one.
The rest of them--especially Stacy-- don't seem that way to me, and Darren doesn't either (as far as the "taste in men" thing goes).
That said, I'm all for variation of influence and whatever. Laughing

Yeah, and to be honest, Rock &. Rawk aren't the same. I totally hear you though. I think Everyone in Eisley is more Rock than we think, and Sherri takes it up a notch with the Rawk!

I've always wondered if Stacy's dark hair was a kinda gothish style she was going for, or just a nod to Mrs. Dupree. The dark hair flatters her well, and it's hard for me to think of her or Sherri with blonde hair at this point.

And the colorless tatt makes perfect sense with her sketches.

And as far as people discouraging women to get tattoos. I discouraged my Ex from getting a couple of tattoos she mentioned. not because I thought they were bad, but when she explained why, knowing her and what she was expressing (much like our relationship) I could see she wasn't fully committed to the ideas. It was good advice apparently, because her convictions about at least one of those forgone tatts changed completely.

Could it have more to do with Women choosing sentimental things, or en vogue things, and the expectation that men will get tatts that are superficial or some symbols of masculinity?

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
robotjellyfish
Sea Post King

Hello! I'm not a TRUE newbie. I had a few posts before but my login info was lost. But hi!

I read Sherri said somewhere that the pull cord curls around to say Bemis. Crazy! I think the tattoo is cute, but way too big for me. Go Sherri!
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

That tattoo is pretty sweet, and I think it suits her.
I think she said she's not going to color it in, and I think that's a good call.
It's so charming just the way it is.

marshkingsdaughter
Golly, Poster

I like it. She should definitely NOT get it colored, though, in my opinion. The black ink makes for a sort of blank canvas, color wise, when it comes to hair color and clothing and stuff.

I will say, though, that Sherri is so super lovely that this is kind of a let down for me. I'm not against girls with tattoos in a general sense, but it's a lot of skin she's covered, and I can't imagine any of her fairy-tale photoshoots looking the same after this.

Still, I'm happy that she's happy. The design itself is freaking awesome.

http://inconnumag.com
Congratulations
Sea Post King

Wow, that's really, really, big. I think tattoos are gross, but hey, as long as she digs it that's awesome. I actually really like the design.
Joined: 31 Dec 2007 | Posts: 335 | Location: Northern Virginia
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

I'm still recovering from the shock that Sherri has a big-ass tattoo, BUT, I do like it. It's not something that I would personally do, but like others have said, it's not my body, so as long as she's happy than awesome!

Actually, a few naive friends of mine give me crap for liking Eisley because they think they're sissy or whatever, so maybe this will help that image that those friends have toward them, haha.

And...

tahruh wrote:
if she ever decides to go for it, i say give her pink hair.

Agreed!
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

keithabbott wrote:
I'm not a fan of tattoos at all. I like the design of her tattoo, but personally I think she would have been better off putting it on a wall instead.

+1

It's a great design but it's like defacing a work of art with another work of art. I don't hate it and it's none of my business though so good for her I guess.

uncreative wrote:

Actually, a few naive friends of mine give me crap for liking Eisley because they think they're sissy or whatever, so maybe this will help that image that those friends have toward them, haha.

Even Bieber has a tat so probably not.

inorbit wrote:
[I like it...
didn't think she had it in her - if it doesn't turn out to be a lick and stick out of an extra large pack of bazooka, that is.

Cute pic of her getting tattooed:

Good call on keeping it like most of her art and not coloring it in. The girl in the tattoo should have a tattoo of a girl on her arm too though. Smile

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>