Laughing City
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

I am surprised no one has mentioned this before.

But is Eisley thinking about doing this?

http://creators.rockband.com/

Basically what it is is a tool that musicians can use to upload thier tracks to be sold and played on Rock Band video games.

I would so buy every Eisley tune on Rock Band.

Imagine Head Against The Sky or Many Funerals on Rock Band.

Do Want

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
Jared x
Lost at Forum

I would honestly buy Rock Band just for a few of their songs. Especially "Smarter."
JBaker
Vintage Newbie

WB might have something to say about it.

And what they will say is: no.

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

JBaker wrote:

Laughing

That's what I'd say too. I'd much rather play Eisley songs (or anyone else's, for that matter) on my real guitar than a piece of plastic with buttons.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
JBaker wrote:

Laughing

That's what I'd say too. I'd much rather play Eisley songs (or anyone else's, for that matter) on my real guitar than a piece of plastic with buttons.

that's because, of course (and i am making an assumption) you have never played Beatles Rock Band.

When rock band is done right, it is amazing.

As you know I can play a real guitar, but it is still fun to play rock band too

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

mr pine wrote:
Saellys wrote:
JBaker wrote:

Laughing

that's because, of course (and i am making an assumption) you have never played Beatles Rock Band.

You're right, I've never played Beatles Rock Band, and it doesn't make a difference. I like the Beatles about as much as I like the concept of Rock Band.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
freakinalex
Lost at Forum

The Rock Band Network is intended more for unsigned bands or independent labels. Besides, Harmonix and Warner have been having a bit of a feud over licensing costs lately, so there's that roadblock too.
GoshDarnit
Sea Post King

Well then... maybe Perma can get a song on Rock Band! Very Happy
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
You're right, I've never played Beatles Rock Band, and it doesn't make a difference. I like the Beatles about as much as I like the concept of Rock Band.

Oh, what a B.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
boone
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
mr pine wrote:
Saellys wrote:
JBaker wrote:

Laughing

It took me a while to get into it (though I'm more of a Guitar Hero fan,) and I thought it was pointless to play a fake guitar, too. But it's pretty engaging once you get into the swing of things.

And it's a good musical tool, too, if you think of it as a rhythm exercise. My time has gotten a lot better.
freakinalex
Lost at Forum

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but I'm bumping this now because it's been a few months since the Rock Band Network launched and it's been a pretty big success so far. Also, now that the band have left WB, it might be possible to get some stuff up. Plus, in a few months Rock Band 3 will be coming out, and it supports keyboard and harmonies, so once that happens, it would be a pretty good opportunity (IMO) for the band.
golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

I hear Rilo Kiley will be on it.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:

I totally missed this, and now that I have seen it I am Mr. Green

I now know where the things I think to say that cause me to bite my tongue go...

That said, next time I have to write a review and really want to make some critical points but lose the motivation to write because I just don't have the desire to bother being critical, I'm forwarding it to Saellys!

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
Saellys wrote:

I totally missed this, and now that I have seen it I am Mr. Green

I now know where the things I think to say that cause me to bite my tongue go...

That said, next time I have to write a review and really want to make some critical points but lose the motivation to write because I just don't have the desire to bother being critical, I'm forwarding it to Saellys!

Laughing I may take up freelancing just so people can outsource their cynicism to me! I get to be snarky and mean, other people don't have to think about it, everybody wins!

Smokemonster
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Me and my buddy Jonathan are tentatively planning on Teaming up to do something. I tried to get him connect with Playbackstl.com where I contribute ( they don't pay, but CAN get you comped tickets and promos of albums [now done via secure download mostly]) ahead of releases.

They were slow to respond, we got frustrated, and we're going to do our own sometime soon, cause he's a great writer ( was going to write for Alternative press about 8 years ago but got hit by a bus, for real ).

I have up till this point taken a "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything" approach to criticism, against my better judgment, and have been trying to reel in other people to be a Counterpoint, and debate the merits of the music. That will be one of the things Unique to whatever blog/ site gets put together.

So yeah, you got the gig if you want it. Maybe you can pad the portfolio and make some good connections for your Camp, Playbackstl is a good jumping off point to push that along for sure.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area