Laughing City
marshkingsdaughter
Golly, Poster

Pretty self explanatory. She garage-banded and posted it on Tumblr today.

http://sdupreebemis.tumblr.com/post/821173859/i-learned-this-song-toda y-so-i-garagebanded-it

http://inconnumag.com
brandy alexander
Sea Post King

Anybody willing to rip that as an mp3? It's beautiful and I want to listen to it forever and ever and ever and ever and ever
ync
Golly, Poster

haha, i was just running over to post about this!
so beautiful

You misunderstood. I used that emoticon to show people what they'd look like after I stab them in the eye.

Wink
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

So good!

marshkingsdaughter
Golly, Poster

I can't stop listening! If Sherri ever reads this (doubtful) she should know that she has a truly beautiful voice.

http://inconnumag.com
norad
Vintage Newbie

Download here: http://media.strangeyellowpatterns.com/audio/138/two-headed-boy-[part- 2]
Congratulations
Sea Post King

marshkingsdaughter wrote:
I can't stop listening! If Sherri ever reads this (doubtful) she should know that she has a truly beautiful voice.

I can't stop listening, either. I love it. And Sherri definitely has a beautiful voice, like you said. But it's interesting how different they sound singing the same song. Jeff Mangum is close to full throttle at times, really wailing. Sherri's mostly cruising through the same vocals, beautifully though.

Oh, and I love that Sherri recorded what sounds like her sitting down before the song starts, as opposed to Jeff's recording of him standing up and walking away after the track's over. I hope that was an intentional foil. Smile
Joined: 31 Dec 2007 | Posts: 335 | Location: Northern Virginia
gundamit
Golly, Poster

NMH + Sherri = Winnah! Part of me wants her to drop everything and form a NMH tribute band. Laughing
Golly, Poster

It's just lovely Smile
kathymunster
Golly, Poster

i love it a lot. it gives me a different feeling then when i listen to the actual version.
her voice is so.... crystalline, its just so clear and lovely.

-Mae West
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

kathymunster wrote:

yeah. her voice sounds great here, so it always puzzles me that when other producers get her vocals they put Auto-Tune on them or somehow make them sound like they have it on it (of course, i mean how it was originally intended - to go unnoticed, not like T-Pain).

i assume they listen to Aeroplane in the bus altogether - i always thought it would be weird to listen to that record with my dad when it talks about "semen stains the mountaintops."

about the lyrics - do you think the God lines are Mangum stating that he is Atheist? (please don't derail into a discussion on the presence or absence of God/god - only what you think Mangum is trying to express - look at it objectively knowing the lyrics and writer - there's no necessity to bring in your personal beliefs).

Sprocket
Vintage Newbie

bigideas wrote:
kathymunster wrote:

yeah. her voice sounds great here, so it always puzzles me that when other producers get her vocals they put Auto-Tune on them or somehow make them sound like they have it on it (of course, i mean how it was originally intended - to go unnoticed, not like T-Pain).

i assume they listen to Aeroplane in the bus altogether - i always thought it would be weird to listen to that record with my dad when it talks about "semen stains the mountaintops."

about the lyrics - do you think the God lines are Mangum stating that he is Atheist? (please don't derail into a discussion on the presence or absence of God/god - only what you think Mangum is trying to express - look at it objectively knowing the lyrics and writer - there's no necessity to bring in your personal beliefs).

The God lines always made me assume he is a sort of pantheist! Though "I LOVE YOU JESUS CHRIST!" always sounds so gosh darn sincere. Irony and NMH seem like odd bedfellows... but then pitchfork have never been afraid to rub their oily, ironical thighs over Mangum's sheets, so who knows! Wink

JBaker
Vintage Newbie

bigideas wrote:
kathymunster wrote:

I don't think he's trying to state he's atheist with those lines.
I think he's somebody intrigued by religion though not devoutly religious himself. I am pretty sure he accepts and at least somewhat believes in the basic tenets of Christianity. He was raised in a Christian household.
As Sprocket said, Mangum wasn't trying to be ironic or sarcastic by yelling, "I love you Jesus Christ."

tahruh
Vintage Newbie

Jesse Lacey's version is my favorite ever, but this ain't half bad.
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

JBaker wrote:
I don't think he's trying to state he's atheist with those lines.I think he's somebody intrigued by religion though not devoutly religious himself. I am pretty sure he accepts and at least somewhat believes in the basic tenets of Christianity. He was raised in a Christian household.As Sprocket said, Mangum wasn't trying to be ironic or sarcastic by yelling, "I love you Jesus Christ."

anne frank and christian references.
does Avery Island have any christian references?

still so weird to me that he has not released any more music. he does seem to show up in public more though.