Laughing City

Do you agree with the ruling that Proposition 8 is unconstitutional under both the Due Process and Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment?
Yes
66%
 66%  [ 14 ]
No
19%
 19%  [ 4 ]
I don't know
14%
 14%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 21

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

"Race" is a biological response to climate & diet coupled with heredity. Troublesome as it is for Christianity to delve into Human Origins, it explains why Eskimos are Tan ( population migration from Eurasia ). Coloration has more to do with Locus on the equator than anything else (same with nose size, and arid climates). Eye color and thickness or lips vary among all populations of varying pigment, same goes for hair, as their are very dark people in Asia, and you've got the Aborigines and Melanesian people.

Sickle Cell & Malaria go hand in hand in Africa, as Sickle Cell trait made one group of people less likely to suffer from Malaria. Meanwhile, not every African, perhaps not the majority, no one has crunched the numbers, are predominant carriers of the trait. Such a broad generalization about the whole of continent when the historical record is a little presumptive. But that's the world we live in. No one in my family has sickle cell anemia but diabetes, high blood pressure, High Cholesterol, and Cancer are top 10 hits. Just so happens this is an American Phenomena with this current generation amongst those who are docile, tend to be overweight, and have diets high in fat etc...

Forest for trees. Treat the illness, but don't make the mistake of assuming a broader correlation without adequate backing. I think that's what's happening with this Marriage issue. Politically, it will sink you when it's extend to the broad voting population beyond media centers and highly urban areas. Now, that may change in a generation, but that doesn't make a generation wiser or more enlightened. The next generation is already getting prepped for the spooking that will be an expect rise in Oral cancers related to spreading HPV. These are the same children that are being diagnosed and over-medicated with behavior modification meds, amidst a society that grows more and more dysfunctional and antagonistic. If there's any change, I expect to be a byproduct of alienation and apathy more than some cultural ascension.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
gundamit
Golly, Poster

^^^ That's just Cranky Old Man Syndrome. The oldsters always figure everything will go to heck, while the youngsters don't give any credit to the strides made by the previous generation.

Looking at the long term trend, I see no reason it shouldn't continure. Things will get better albeit slowly.

Vintage Newbie

I prefer Young Curmudgeon Sir. Mr. Green

And I have always felt the world was getting worse and worse since I was in grade school, but in implicit and derisive ways that rear their heads in unexpected fashions, that people disassociate from explicit precipitating factors. We can start with the effects of pollution being one example, sprawl being another, entrenched poverty as well. Dead simple cause and effect, but there's still debate, smoke and mirrors to be had.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area