Laughing City
sebas
Golly, Poster

Did anybody go?

It got pretty crowded (hooray!). Christie sounded amazing and Ives the Band was a pleasant surprise, I liked them enough to buy their CD.

Eisley was great just because it's Eisley, though I was rather annoyed at the off sound. Bass was too loud, vocals were kind of muffled (and squeaky?), etc. This has actually happened before. I guess I enjoyed their two (or three?) base-free songs that they played because you could actually hear what they were saying. Sherri and Stacy also used different phrasing (Sherri in particular), which kind of messed up the harmonies. I guess I can safely say that the sound from Eisley was not as awesome and genuine as the sound from Christie and Ives the Band (I was blown away by both).

Oh well, I still had a good time. I'm only criticizing Eisley because I love them. It just sucks to know that they're amazing musicians and vocalists and that it doesn't show up at concerts as much as it should (I only say it doesn't show up in concerts because the last two I have been to had most of this stuff occur). The stage banter was pleasant, I'm glad the crowd had the chance to be invited to the DuPree farm-cult if the next record fails.

P.S

The purple Eisley shirt is fabulous.

-Mahatma, Gandhi
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

sebas wrote:
I'm glad the crowd had the chance to be invited to the DuPree farm-cult if the next record fails.

Confused Don't hold back now...

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

Hannah, that wasn't a snarky comment by the poster Wink
Stacy made a joke about going to live on a farm if the record fails, and inviting the audience.
my video of Sad including this conversation is here Smile
(keep checking my channel, i have a bunch!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25xKEnBw6ww
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Laughing In that case, awesome.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
alinicole
Sea Post King

sebas wrote:
Bass was too loud, vocals were kind of muffled

Were you near the front? I talked to Boyd afterward who watched from the sound board in the back and he said the sound was great. I guess that room really is designed for more acoustic-y type stuff because stuff with loud bass and drums sounds pretty bad near the front. I agree that I could hardly hear the vocals at times over the instruments.

I loved the merch, but as always with the TX shows at the end of the tours we get leftover sizes... which means they never have a small left in the shirts I want. Ever. Bummer.

HOWEVER we do get a nice exclusive concert poster. I think Collin said there were only a limited number printed. They're for the Austin, Houston + Dallas dates. People going to Houston and Dallas - make sure you grab one!

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

alinicole wrote:
HOWEVER we do get a nice exclusive concert poster. I think Collin said there were only a limited number printed. They're for the Austin, Houston + Dallas dates. People going to Houston and Dallas - make sure you grab one!

Surprised Somebody buy two and mail me one? I will reimburse you for the purchase and shipping!

Smokemonster
lifestoshort
Sea Post King

i was about center and 15 feet from the stage and the sound was amazing, the vocals were clear, the levels on the drums,bass and keys were perfect and i only slightly wish the guitars were a bit louder. christie and her brother were amazing, i have no real complaints but i do wish they played my lovely as a full band, the drums really drive the song but its a super great song to hear in any capacity. eisley and the crowd was a joy to be around except a couple brainless shouts(heckles even) from someone. but we wont let anyone ruin our good night together.
thanks for coming to austin, come back soon.
love from san antonio,
ray ss

shoeless
Sea Post King

Dude, I wish there really was an Eisley Farm Cult. ...I would join. Is that weird? haha

Does anyone remember the set list? I'm trying to piece it together from memory, and here's what I've got:

1. The Valley
2? Invasion

and in no particular order:
Brightly Wound
Lost at Sea
Treetops
Telescope Eyes
I wasn't Prepared
Marvelous Things
Memories
Many Funerals
Golly Sandra
Come Clean
I Could Be There For You
10 Cent Blues
Sad
(Another new song... can't remember the name)

17. Ambulance
18. (Encore) Trolley Wood

...Obviously, I should have started working on my playlist right after the show. My memory isn't what it used to be!
alinicole
Sea Post King

shoeless wrote:
Does anyone remember the set list?

1. The Valley
2. Invasion
3. Ten Cent Blues
4. Come Clean
5. Brightly Wound
6. Treetops
7. Marvelous Things
8. Go Away
9. Telescope Eyes
10. My Lovely
11. Kind
12. Golly Sandra
13. Many Funerals
14. I Could Be There For You
15. Memories
16. I Wasn't Prepared
17. Sad
18. Lost at Sea
19. Ambulance
20. Trolleywood

sebas
Golly, Poster

alinicole wrote:

Were you near the front?

Yeah I was right up in there. Maybe that was it.

-Mahatma, Gandhi
LacyFace
Sea Post King

Christie DuPree blew me away, sooo good glad I got her ep. Also eisley purple shirt is so awesome I'm wearing it now. Very good show, a little awkard in some places but it sounded good to me. Glad they brought out some oldies for this tour. Also I have never been to an Eisley show that lasted past 12 which seemed different to me.
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

It was fun. I was in the back with the ginger that was sitting on the stool the staff was kind enough to provide. Fibromyalgia sux.

Also, I felt like a total rockstar. Boyd recognized me! Now I know how Jaime feels.

JD