Laughing City

When I heard about the Paramore "split" I...
Laughed. Hah. Paramore.
43%
 43%  [ 18 ]
Cried. Paramore can't possibly continue without whats-his face and the other one!
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
I didn't hear that and now that I've heard, I couldn't care less.
51%
 51%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 41

mr pine
Vintage Newbie

has anyone confirmed if the post is real or not?

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

Starbright wrote:

Reading the comment section is my guilty pleasure for today.

WOW for real.

I guess I just don't get the reason behind getting so attached emotionally to the goings on of a band.

I have never placed a band, or it's members, in a place where their situation affected my life.

maybe i am in the minority.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

ks1990
Lost at Forum

That post was a really interesting read. Just goes to show, yet again, how corrupt the music industry really is.

I actually feel really bad for Hayley; she clearly was manipulated by her manager, she was like, what, only 13/14 years old? In interviews and stuff, she's always stressed the importance of Paramore as a band and not a solo artist. Besides, a band with 4 guys and a pretty (and talented) female singer? She was always gonna get the most attention, lmao.

This whole situation is a mess though, lol. They should just do the tour and split up, call it quits and let Hayley get on with her solo career.
Caley
Lost at Forum

I cannot say I'm surprised by his account. Too bad I didn't have any popcorn to eat while reading it.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Eh, it's the Supremes all over again, or Dreamgirls, or Almost Famous take your pick.

The record business if notorious for doctoring the product. They hit the scene around the same time as Flyleaf, which wasn't long after Avril (Faux Punk) and Evanescence (Faux Metal) put Young Women fronting Rock bands back in a high profile spot, cause Gwen Stefani went solo & straight pop, Courtney Love went DEA, and whatever happened to Kittie? Razz They (Flyleaf, Paramore) were filling a void for the industry. If they didn't exist they were going to get created by somebody.

I honestly like Flyleaf when she's not singing like she's possessed (thank goodness there was a radio edit of Sick, and that's what I heard first, sans to guttural screams at the beginning). Paramore was always too "saccharine" for me. since 60% of the band is intact, and all the legal stuff is in Haley's name, as the internet would have it, then the show will go on. Will there be an audience, probably.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
freakinalex
Lost at Forum

I guess Hayley being a terrible person isn't a new development after all. Whatever. Like I said before, I'm a fan, but I really don't care too much about all this. Though at this point, they really should just stop calling the band Paramore and just have Hayley as a solo artist.
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

I don't think I could pick a paramore song out of a line up if my life depended on it.

but again are we certain this blog is legit. if it is, then cool.
but if not, you all are hating and saying "i knew it" when it wasn't real.

looks like you had the gallows up before the trial even started.

wilsmith wrote:

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

It was posted earlier that the blog was also reposted to the guy's confirmed Facebook account too. If you look on their page where they have twitter mentions, the denunciation of the post came from a twitter for management specifically. That looks like publicist damage control to me.

This is from the same folk who said they'd had a phone hacked when evidence pointed to them just fat-fingering it (DO NOT TAKE THAT TO THE GUTTER THAT IS NOT WHAT I MEAN, but I am not so naive not to realize that common phrase could be misinterpreted. My intentions are noble).

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

marshkingsdaughter wrote:
Saellys wrote:
marshkingsdaughter wrote:
http://joshnfarro.blogspot.com/2010/12/josh-and-zacs-exit-state ment.html

A very revealing exit statement from the guys who left. All I can say is...hahaha. Ouch.

Shocked

Although, now that I think about it, there's a chance that blog post might be fake. It's a brand new blogger account. So......giant grain of salt. But it sounds very much like something he'd write, and the details are all there. If it IS real, then damn.

EDIT: Disregard all of that, the blog is real. He posted about it on Facebook. Well then...

For Mr. Pine ^ I trust MKD wouldn't fabricate.

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Sadly, I think this will be quickly dismissed by the masses. Some people just don't care if the band is manufactured, and often people will side with the most popular person involved. Example? I bet a majority of Paramore fans think Sherri is just some bitter slut Chad used to be married to.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

you mean She's not?

I've been lied to?

wilsmith wrote:

tahruh
Vintage Newbie

Wooow. I'm usually so keen to this type of thing, and honestly, I never would have pegged them.
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

AP confirmed it was legit.
ks1990
Lost at Forum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRcV-DOXtCg

Things just got more interesting.

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

"This video has been removed as a violation of YouTube's policy on nudity or sexual content."

Did Hayley upload a topless video by mistake?

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>