Laughing City
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

i know this sounds ridiculous, but my friend swears that eisley covered pantera once. anyone wanna confirm or deny this?

on the topic of covers, what songs has eisley covered at a live show?

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
Caley
Lost at Forum

I can honestly say I have never happened across an Eisley Pantera cover.

At all the shows I've been to, I've never seen Eisley perform a cover. I'd love to see them whip one out one day because it's obvious they'd do them justice and possibly expand on them.

They did one on Dermot O'Leary's radio show or some BBC radio thing, I believe. "In the Aeroplane Over the Sea" by NMH.

Then there are some unmentionable covers because they're from things stolen from the band, like "In My Life" (Beatles) and "Lion's Mane" (Iron & Wine).

But then there's the stuff Sherri and Stacy have covered on their own. "Heartless" (Kanye) and "Two-Headed Boy Pt. 2" (NMH) by Sherri. "Silver Spring" (Fleetwood Mac) by Stacy.

And I think there was a rumor they played "Zombie" by the Cranberries in some of the early days? IDK. That was before my time.

eiswood09
Sea Post King

The Man In The Moon wrote:
i know this sounds ridiculous, but my friend swears that eisley covered pantera once. anyone wanna confirm or deny this?

All I know is they used to cover songs from The Cranberries during their MossEisley days. I'm not too sure though. Although, the girls have covered songs individually in demos and such.

Oh and.. umm.. maybe your friend was dreaming (a really believable one?) Very Happy I'd definitely kill to see Eisley cover that! That'd be really interesting. It seems sort of other-worldly and bizarre though.

Lost at Forum

eiswood09 wrote:

All I know is they used to cover songs from The Cranberries during their MossEisley days. I'm not too sure though. Although, the girls have covered songs individually in demos and such.

Oh and.. umm.. maybe your friend was dreaming (a really believable one?) Very Happy I'd definitely kill to see Eisley cover that! That'd be really interesting. It seems sort of other-worldly and bizarre though.

hahaha like the tweet that stacy mentioned a few months ago of dreaming they covered another one bite's the dust.

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

Ok, now I really want to hear Eisley cover "Walk."
robotjellyfish
Sea Post King

Your friend has it backward. Pantera does a surprisingly gentle cover of "Ten Cent Blues."

j/k
mister_joseph
Golly, Poster

i saw the familee dupree do some Judds songs at a Christmas performance at the Vineyard several years back...but that's really not the same, is it? i think they were circulating around the forum...i know at the time boyd recorded the show....and posted video of 'em....
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

mister_joseph wrote:
i saw the familee dupree do some Judds songs at a Christmas performance at the Vineyard several years back...but that's really not the same, is it? i think they were circulating around the forum...i know at the time boyd recorded the show....and posted video of 'em....

O Beautiful Star of Bethlehem. Loved that video but Kim actually sang it and the kids did harmonies and instruments so I don't think it counts.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

Laughing It's all good ol' downhome Texas music. They could pull it off, make it their own but I don't think it's happened. Somebody on facebook suggested that they cover a Pantera song a few days before this post I think. Maybe he saw that. Maybe he's getting Cemetery mixed up with Cemetery Gates somehow?

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
mister_joseph
Golly, Poster

The_Paronomasial_Mattoid wrote:
mister_joseph wrote:

O Beautiful Star of Bethlehem. Loved that video but Kim actually sang it and the kids did harmonies and instruments so I don't think it counts.

that may have been a later thing, but this performance i am talking about was Sherri and Stacy singing a Judds song. i know it happened--i saw it! Smile even more, me and Jamie kind of prodded Boyd into running home and getting his camera to document it!

The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

mister_joseph wrote:
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid wrote:
mister_joseph wrote:

that may have been a later thing, but this performance i am talking about was Sherri and Stacy singing a Judds song. i know it happened--i saw it! Smile even more, me and Jamie kind of prodded Boyd into running home and getting his camera to document it!

....That is a Judd's song. That's the only Judd's song they've ever released a video of them covering and it was them doing background vocals. Kim sang lead vocals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8bcvk_Dq4k

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
mister_joseph
Golly, Poster

no...that video is of a different performance. this performance i speak of was in 2004...
norad
Vintage Newbie

mister_joseph wrote:
no...that video is of a different performance. this performance i speak of was in 2004...

I think that video is from 2004.