Laughing City
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

What is that Sheri's got? A custom Jazzmaster? Jaguar? A Larose?
Looks VERY, VERY nice! Christmas?

grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

It is a LaRose Jazzmaster. She received it just a couple weeks ago.

Here is a closeup detail of the artwork.

And here she is next to Collin with HIS custom LaRose. It has a Sherri drawing on the back.

mr pine
Vintage Newbie

man i swear that girl can not have a bad picture of her.

i mean i like chauntelle and stacy as much as the next guy, but sherri...she is amazing.

i know off topic, but i figured it needed to be said.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

I'd missed that.

It is truly a thing of beauty (in ref. to Grain Thrower's post, just to be clear).
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

C'mon, it's OK to say it: they're both good lookin'. (Gee-tar and gee-tar-ist.)

In light of mr pine's post, I have to say that this snap she posted yesterday stopped me in my browsing tracks. I mean, wow.

Dan and Sam
Golly, Poster

grain thrower wrote:
C'mon, it's OK to say it: they're both good lookin'. (Gee-tar and gee-tar-ist.)

In light of mr pine's post, I have to say that this snap she posted yesterday stopped me in my browsing tracks. I mean, wow.

"WOW" is right- I swear those amazing eyes of Sherri's could melt even a heart of stone... Max is one very lucky man...

boone
Vintage Newbie

I'm pretty sure those are both kit guitars, I remember seeing Allparts logos in the neck pockets when they were being made. There's nothing wrong with that, of course, most kit guitars sound incredible, especially when they're masterfully assembled.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
norad
Vintage Newbie

boone wrote:
I'm pretty sure those are both kit guitars, I remember seeing Allparts logos in the neck pockets when they were being made.

You are correct. www.strangeyellowpatterns.com/coppermine/gallery/displayimage.php?pid= 12688
kiko
Golly, Poster

is that just painted under the varnish or carved into the surface as well?

i'm planning on buying a guitar kit and doing my own design, after failing to find templates for the model of guitar i want so will have to just buy a standard kit then buy the guitar i want.

smile Very Happy
Kappa962
I LIKE KNOBS, FADERS

I'm not sure if "kit" is the appropriate word. I'm fairly certain that the neck was made from a block of wood, not purchased. Todd generally makes all the bodies of his guitars from scratch, but this was an experimental guitar so he went with a the allparts body.
boone
Vintage Newbie

Good info Mark, thanks. I'd thought that he might've carved the neck himself. But I definitely don't want to disparage companies like All Parts, Warmoth, and USA Custom, because they make some incredible stuff. And I didn't mean the term "kit guitar" in a derogatory way. I have plans for a custom Jazzmaster myself that I'll hopefully be able to get around to soon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
LaRose Guitars
Sea Post King

boone wrote:
I'm pretty sure those are both kit guitars, I remember seeing Allparts logos in the neck pockets when they were being made. There's nothing wrong with that, of course, most kit guitars sound incredible, especially when they're masterfully assembled.

Yeah,kinda thought someone would notice that. When Collin decided to order a Jazzmaster from me I usually opt to buy premade templates that are cut from a CNC but the wait time was 1-2 months for delivery. I didn't have the time due to this current tour I'm on with them so I ordered an Allparts Jazzmaster body for Measurement purposes only and built Collins from scratch. Sherri, having heard of Collin was getting a killer Jazzmaster, decided she wanted one as well so we decided to use the allparts body. It was opaque paint grade and her guitar having a solid color it was a no brainer. But please all know this, if you do order any instrument from me, it is completely 100% handcrafted with love for you and no parts/bodies/necks etc are ordered out. I build all in house products....

Thanks for your understanding Smile

boone
Vintage Newbie

Even better. Don't sweat it, Nash Guitars unapologetically sources out all their parts from places like All Parts, and they turn them into sonic art. I'm always impressed with real luthiers making real handmade guitars in this day and age when even the "boutique" companies are going to CNC everything.

Maybe I'll try to get a quote from you on a neck when get around to my Partsomaster.