Laughing City
lessthaninfinite
Sea Post King

Caley wrote:
This is coming from the Valley streaming thread:

FrancescaEVR wrote:
The download only comes with the "vinyl & download" pre-order --> THIS one to be specific

So that could be the reason some of y'all haven't gotten your DL link... because you ordered a different bundle.

though the clarification is helpful, that's pretty dumb

Little Firefly
Sea Post King

lessthaninfinite wrote:
Caley wrote:
This is coming from the Valley streaming thread:

FrancescaEVR wrote:
The download only comes with the "vinyl & download" pre-order --> THIS one to be specific

So that could be the reason some of y'all haven't gotten your DL link... because you ordered a different bundle.

though the clarification is helpful, that's pretty dumb
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

^ are you all saying it's dumb it only comes with the vinyl (because you can't put an LP in your computer and rip it, unlike the cd)

Or it's dumb that people are expecting a download code when their package didn't come with one in the first place?

Just want to be sure? Confused

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
pzy
Wookie Luke

Pretty sure he means it's dumb only the Vinyl pre-orders came with download codes, instead of all the pre-orders (including the most expensive one).

It wouldn't seem as silly, except now that the download was released early only people with the clairvoyance to order just the vinyl get to hear it (legally and non-streaming) early.

mr pine
Vintage Newbie

ahh thats part of it.
i got the vinyl/cd combo.

so dl code for me at all? that is fine, ill be able to rip it no problem.

now just waiting for the shipment notifications.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
lessthaninfinite
Sea Post King

pzy wrote:
Pretty sure he means it's dumb only the Vinyl pre-orders came with download codes, instead of all the pre-orders (including the most expensive one).

It wouldn't seem as silly, except now that the download was released early only people with the clairvoyance to order just the vinyl get to hear it (legally and non-streaming) early.

this.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Gotcha. I can understand cause I've ordered some cds and got a DL for the MP3 version with the understanding t hat it was a perk, but also not as HQ as the cd, which would ship later (in this case maybe a couple of months)*. In that case it was an incentive to get people to preorder well ahead of time, cause there would be a long wait. They did the same with the Ryan Adams Cardinals 3/4, I forget the wait on that one.

DL with Vinyl is the standard because most people don't have the adapters necessary to pull off the conversion to digital format, and it would be impacted by the quality of their record players versus a "clean" digital copy.

*Junip - Fields. When it showed up in the mail I'd forgotten I even ordered it on cd.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
boone
Vintage Newbie

To be fair, there are still 6 days until the album is supposed to be released. EVR has been incredible with getting shipping costs down, shipping out preorders early, and the album was streaming more than a week early. I don't think anybody has any room to gripe.

And besides, the LP package is the only one that says "plus download," so caveat emptor.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kLafied
Laughing Citizen

I love how impatient everyone is; it makes me happy. Most of my friends don't like Eisley (that much), but I am obsessed... nice to know there are other people in the world that love them as much as I do haha.
norad
Vintage Newbie

boone wrote:
To be fair, there are still 6 days until the album is supposed to be released.

5 days 6 hours 17 minutes 42 seconds
Congratulations
Sea Post King

I just bought the vinyl + download bundle and got the link in my email right away. Smile
Joined: 31 Dec 2007 | Posts: 335 | Location: Northern Virginia
freakinalex
Lost at Forum

Just as a heads up, I ordered a hoodie from the store several weeks ago and it shipped without me ever receiving an e-mail saying it had shipped, so don't be surprised if you don't get a shipping notice.
sbelle
Sea Post King

freakinalex wrote:
Just as a heads up, I ordered a hoodie from the store several weeks ago and it shipped without me ever receiving an e-mail saying it had shipped, so don't be surprised if you don't get a shipping notice.

I didn't receive a shipping notification email and my CD arrived yesterday! I ordered just the CD and had it sent priority mail. Totally did not expect to see it so soon! I thought it would be shipped today. But yeah, no email. Not that I'm complaining.
ks1990
Lost at Forum

sbelle wrote:
freakinalex wrote:

I didn't receive a shipping notification email and my CD arrived yesterday! I ordered just the CD and had it sent priority mail. Totally did not expect to see it so soon! I thought it would be shipped today. But yeah, no email. Not that I'm complaining.

Oh, wow. I'm so jealous, lol. Razz Now i'm gonna be stalking the postman for the rest of the week. Laughing
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
boone wrote:
To be fair, there are still 6 days until the album is supposed to be released.

5 days 6 hours 17 minutes 42 seconds
Laughing