Laughing City
eiswood09
Sea Post King

My cousin from Australia was planning to buy "The Valley" from amazon, but then she saw this: "(Amazon MP3 purchases are limited to U.S. customers.) " . Is there a way to purchase the album from outside the US? If it can be purchased from itunes or other sources, does it still include the digital booklet?
Vintage Newbie

Well that sorta answers MY question about gifting it to someone in Oz....I think your cousin is ska-roood.

However you could buy it for them, no? All manner of ways to digitally send it to them. Idea

eiswood09
Sea Post King

grain thrower wrote:
Well that sorta answers MY question about gifting it to someone in Oz....I think your cousin is ska-roood.

However you could buy it for them, no? All manner of ways to digitally send it to them. Idea

I suppose me and my cousin are both "ska-roood". I reside in the Philippines. I was actually planning to get her send them to me digitally once she got to buy them.

There are mp3s floating around in the net though.. but we wanna support the band (and getting a physical copy would be really cool). Sad It's quite sad. I guess I'll get someone from the US to buy for us or something Laughing I guess it would be the same for Canada then?

Vintage Newbie

eiswood09 wrote:
grain thrower wrote:

I suppose me and my cousin are both "ska-roood". I reside in the Philippines. I was actually planning to get her send them to me digitally once she got to buy them.

There are mp3s floating around in the net though.. but we wanna support the band (and getting a physical copy would be really cool). Sad It's quite sad. I guess I'll get someone from the US to buy for us or something Laughing I guess it would be the same for Canada then?

Oh now I get it - yes, you are both ska-roood. Sad Wink

So yeah, hope you can work something out with someone who can buy & send you a CD. I just looked on Amazon Canada and don't see a digital copy available, only the CD. Don't know when it will come out in Australia yet, although it will happen. These different international release dates suck. I'm still waiting on The Joy Formidable album to hit iTunes on the 15th whereas it came out in Britain & Europe 5 weeks ago. Mad

Kirk
Sea Post King

eiswood09 wrote:
My cousin from Australia was planning to buy "The Valley" from amazon, but then she saw this: "(Amazon MP3 purchases are limited to U.S. customers.) " . Is there a way to purchase the album from outside the US? If it can be purchased from itunes or other sources, does it still include the digital booklet?

The iTunes version includes the digital booklet. There’s a feature in iTunes to gift albums, but it’s only for a recipient in the same country as the sender. If you wanted to be legit, get the digital booklet, and make it a gift, I think you’re easiest option is to just buy it yourself on iTunes and email all the files directly to your friend. As long as you either delete the files from your computer or already own your own copy, everything is fair for everyone. The files are DRM-free and high-quality (I don’t remember the bit-rate Amazon uses, but I’m pretty sure the iTunes version is the higher quality of the two), so your cousin will have no problem playing them.
Joined: 05 Jul 2003 | Posts: 374 | Location: Seattle, Washington
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address