Laughing City
sebas
Golly, Poster

Oh nice, only $5 for under 21. Totally going.

-Mahatma, Gandhi
Catey
Lost at Forum

Oh mothereffer! My Editor at the magazine is going to SXSW </3 and she'll get to see my angelic Eisley play new stuff while I sit in a crappy office, on a crappy old Dell (it still has a floppy drive!) and do my pages. Life is unfair. I might ask her to buy me a CD or something that a intern shouldn't really ask their not-paying-me-Editor for.
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
drowningsea
Sea Post King

Oo I just read EVR is going to have the showcase on livestream, definitely going to watch!
Kit
Sea Post King

jamiga wrote:

When: Wednesday March 16th

Where: Barbarella Patio (611 Red River St)

Time slot: 11p-12a

URL: http://schedule.sxsw.com/events/event_MS12124 and http://sxsw.com/node/6441[/img]

I'll probably try and worm my way into this. It's been a long time since I have seen the band. Can't think of the last time...probably back in 2007 or so. It's been too long.
FrancescaEVR
Equal Vision Rules!

The showcase at Barbarella on Wed night is their "official SXSW showcase" which means it's badge only (and badges are like $600... not even I will have one because it's kind of pointless) but you can see them at the Paste showcase [Wed 3/16], Equal Vision showcase [Thurs 3/17], or PureVolume House [Fri 3/18]. Obviously, I encourage coming to the Equal Vision showcase Wink We'll have goodie bags for the first 300 people through the door so get there early! Plus, open bar (for 21+), free Honest Tea.

If you can't make it to Austin, we'll be streaming our showcase on livestream.com/equalvision
Kit
Sea Post King

FrancescaEVR wrote:
The showcase at Barbarella on Wed night is their "official SXSW showcase" which means it's badge only (and badges are like $600... not even I will have one because it's kind of pointless) but you can see them at the Paste showcase [Wed 3/16], Equal Vision showcase [Thurs 3/17], or PureVolume House [Fri 3/18]. Obviously, I encourage coming to the Equal Vision showcase Wink We'll have goodie bags for the first 300 people through the door so get there early! Plus, open bar (for 21+), free Honest Tea.

If you can't make it to Austin, we'll be streaming our showcase on livestream.com/equalvision

Oh. Yeah. True...I tend to forget about the higher profile shows generally being badge-only.

I kind of blew off SXSW last year except for one outside gig for She & Him and Lucero. I hope to remedy that this year.
alinicole
Sea Post King

FrancescaEVR wrote:
PureVolume House [Fri 3/18]

Do you by any chance have any more info on this one? I found that it is all ages and they play at 4pm but I can't find much else. Is it badge only?

I'd like to go to the one on the 17th, but I'm already going to be there on the 18th and 19th so this one would be much more convenient. Very Happy

eiswood09
Sea Post King

FrancescaEVR wrote:

I was wondering if the showcase will be recorded on livestream, by any chance? I live way in the other side of the world (South East - Asia/The Philippines) so I'm worried that the time differences might defer me from watching the stream.

Laughing Citizen

http://fervid.org/eisley_gigs/2011.html
Thanks for all the info yall. Smile

FrancescaEVR & alinicole, yall disagree on the times. The show is ... i guess Eisley plays... at 7:00pm but alinicole says the show is from 12pm - 5pm. FrancescaEVR, do you know the full (begins and ends) show time? Or does Eisley play two hours after the main show ends? ...a break for supper? Confused

There was something else to ask but i dont remember. Embarassed Sad .................................... .......good night. Smile

edit: remembered! Smile
alinicole wrote:
FrancescaEVR wrote:
PureVolume House [Fri 3/18]

Do you by any chance have any more info on this one? ...it is all ages and they play at 4pm...

sebas
Golly, Poster

The PureVolume one isn't on pollstar, and I can't find anything about it on their website.

-Mahatma, Gandhi
FrancescaEVR
Equal Vision Rules!

Here's all the Eisley SXSW info I have:

Paste showcase - 21+ ONLY: Wed 3/16 @ The Stage On 6th (508 E 6th St) 7:00 – 7:45pm

Official SXSW show - BADGE ONLY: Wed 3/16 @ Barbarella (615 Red River) 11:05 – 11:40pm

EVR showcase - ALL AGES: Thurs. 3/17 @ Dirty Dog Bar (505 E 6th St) 4:00 – 4:45pm

PureVolume - 21+ ONLY: Fri 3/18 @ PureVolume House (504 Trinity St) 4:00 – 4:45pm
sebas
Golly, Poster

Oh I see. Thanks Francesca, EVR showcase it is!

-Mahatma, Gandhi
FrancescaEVR
Equal Vision Rules!

sebas wrote:
Oh I see. Thanks Francesca, EVR showcase it is!

Woohoo! Say hi if you see me*:

*cat will not be in attendance of SXSW
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

I wish they'd announce tour dates, cause if this is a "the Austin stop is SXSW" thing then I might go on Thursday. Hmm...
Caley
Lost at Forum

^Oh goodness! I'm crossing my fingers it isn't or else I'm going to have to organize another road-trip up to Dallas.