Laughing City
pzy
Wookie Luke

Twitter is enormous. Is it even possible to get the kind of numbers going to trend on Tuesday for the album release?

I think we have a sizable twitter population here, and the band account and members themselves have a lot of followers (including some celebrities with millions of followers) too. If there was no other big twitter/internet/news happening, I bet it's possible to get #Eisley or maybe #EisleyTheValley trending on Tuesday starting in the afternoon.

I'm sure the band would already be tweeting up a storm about it that day, so it'll be easy to get the ball rolling.

EDIT:
Seems like people are interested, and I think we have a real chance. Let's start tweeting Tuesday afternoon. Be shameless - call in favors! Tweet cool celebs! Add #Eisley and #TheValley to unrelated tweeting!

norad wrote:
THIS IS...LAUGHING CITY!!!!!

Last edited by pzy on Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:17 pm; edited 4 times in total
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

Even if i'm tweeting something completely unrelated, a little #Eisley won't hurt anyone. Cool
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

I kinda doubt it... trending topics usually have at least 30 or 40 different tweets a minute. Now if we can get Justin Bieber to tweet something about it... Laughing

But that's not to sound pessimistic! Of course I'll @Eisley, #Eisley, #TheValley, #EisleyTheValley all damn day! Smile
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

I don't understand how Twitter works (still).

If we go @JustinBeiber @Eisley #JustinBeiber #TheValley #Eisley

do people who like Bieber see that?

That would be so annoying regardless hahaha.
norad
Vintage Newbie

I don't have a twitter but I'll try to spread the word on SYP's blog! http://strangeyellowpatternsdotcom.tumblr.com/post/3498656977/help-get -eisley-trending-on-twitter-please-reblog

Hopefully the band can post something about this on their accounts. It would be neat.
jamiga
Vintage Newbie

How dare anyone doubt this forums abilities!! Come on Citizens!! Do you not remember the countless online contests that we have flooded like rats in a city street? How many of us stayed up into the early dawn hours, refreshing and clicking.. clearing our cookies...begging our friends and family to lend a vote. Twitter, pshh. Twitter will be nothing. This forum can handle a little tweeting.

LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!!!!

pzy
Wookie Luke

jamiga wrote:
How dare anyone doubt this forums abilities!! Come on Citizens!! Do you not remember the countless online contests that we have flooded like rats in a city street? How many of us stayed up into the early dawn hours, refreshing and clicking.. clearing our cookies...begging our friends and family to lend a vote. Twitter, pshh. Twitter will be nothing. This forum can handle a little tweeting.

LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!!!!

WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!! All of Twitter shall know who Eisley is!!!

norad
Vintage Newbie

jamiga
Vintage Newbie

LOL @ Luke!!! That picture is exactly what was going on in my head. Or Joe Swanson from Family Guy when he gets pumped and says "Let's do it!!" Can't find picture while I'm at work.
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

Kylee Janai wrote:
I don't understand how Twitter works (still).

If we go @JustinBeiber @Eisley #JustinBeiber #TheValley #Eisley

do people who like Bieber see that?

That would be so annoying regardless hahaha.

If you start out a tweet with an @(username) then that person will see that tweet in their mentions feed, but not all of that person's followers will see it (unless they are reading that persons mentions feed, which people do sometimes). And if you have a hashtag in your tweet (the # sign followed by anything) then people can click on that and get a list off all the different tweets that is including that hashtag (useful for tweeting about a certain event so people can see all the tweets regarding it. For instance, during the Egypt uprising you could search #Jan25 or #Egypt and pretty much learn about everything that's happening over there at the exact moment it's being tweeted about).

Hope that wasn't too confusing. Twitter is an incredible network, and if you get past all the annoying crap like Bieber fans creating horrendous trending topics, etc, it can be an amazingly useful tool to stay on top of whatever you have the desire to stay on top of. I hate when people bash it for being "just a bunch of facebook status updates." I quit trying to explain to them how narrow that view of twitter is and now I just let them continue to think that while I continue to enjoy it and know everything before they do. Razz
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

pzy wrote:
jamiga wrote:

LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!!!!

WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!! All of Twitter shall know who Eisley is!!!

norad wrote:

Laughing

This is a challenge I'm willing to accept.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
drowningsea
Sea Post King

I think only the first hashtag counts, so putting like the same one more than once in a tweet won't help. Or something.

I'll try and throw some out there on 3/1 too Smile
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I tried this for Valentine's, it didn't bite. I think the key is moving the effort to Eisley's FB where 59K might hop onboard the effort Wink

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
eiswood09
Sea Post King

wilsmith wrote:
I tried this for Valentine's, it didn't bite. I think the key is moving the effort to Eisley's FB where 59K might hop onboard the effort Wink

It's approximately 60, 195 now Cool

I notified Sherri about this on twitter. I hope she helps with an announcement to her followers Surprised That could definitely help tons.

Sea Post King

I'm excited! I've never felt so alive!!! Let's tweet!This puertorican fan is with you!
Joined: 23 Aug 2009 | Posts: 251 | Location: The Gold City, Puerto Rico