Laughing City
CBmp3
Sea Post King

Hi, everyone. For those of you who ordered the bundle that came with the lithograph, what condition did yours come in? Mine has all kinds of 'dents' in it. And it also has a crease on the side towards the one corner.

If you look at yours, the easiest way to see these is to look at it from the back [white] side, if you haven't already noticed.

Pretty pissed, especially considering how much we spent.

And it's not like they can send us another one.

Sad

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Try laying it on a Flat Surface (card table etc) with a towel underneath to protect it+ weighted objects that are also flat on the back (phone books and the like) over night to press the creases out. It'll help a little. Sorry that happened to yours.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Lamesauce! Was it rolled or just stacked with everything?

Definitely try pressing between uniform surfaces overnight (or longer if you can) to relax the dents. If they're full-on creases like it's been folded, those will never completely go away, but you can at least get them to lay flat so they're not too visible.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CBmp3
Sea Post King

I appreciate the suggestions, but flattening/pressing it isn't going to help. I mean, and the thing is riddled with them too.

I don't know. This has to make me pathetic, but this just completely ruined my attitude this evening.

And yes, it came in a poster tube. I'm trying to think constructively and think how the process could have been improved and stuff, but I honestly just don't know or how silly I'd come off. I don't know what costs would be like, but i'd rather it have shipped flat in between cardboard. Kind of big, but I've had things shipped like that before and haven't had problems. And again, for how much we paid for these.

Curious to see if anyone else's arrived like this. Hope not, but I imagine I can't be the only one out of 200.

Crying or Very sad

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

CBmp3 wrote:
I appreciate the suggestions, but flattening/pressing it isn't going to help. I mean, and the thing is riddled with them too.

In my experience, posters ship much better in a tube than they do flat between cardboard--shipping flat means more surface area and a greater likelihood of accidental punctures and such. That's really weird that it got so dented in a tube. Sounds like the dents came from the packing process, rather than damage in transit. Confused

At least give pressing a try. It can't hurt, and it will relax the curvature from being rolled in a tube too.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CBmp3
Sea Post King

Saellys wrote:
That's really weird that it got so dented in a tube. Sounds like the dents came from the packing process, rather than damage in transit. Confused

Yeah, that's the conclusion that I arrived at as well. I don't know.

Thanks for trying to help.

Polaris
Sea Post King

Mine had a tiny tear in it, but otherwise it's good.
crusso
Sea Post King

Mine has some small creases in the back, but you can't see them from the front. Those are probably caused by rolling it up in the first place, and it's really to be expected. Otherwise it's in perfect condition. I'm trying to figure out what to do with it so I can display it. Probably have to frame it I guess.
CBmp3
Sea Post King

crusso wrote:
Mine has some small creases in the back, but you can't see them from the front. Those are probably caused by rolling it up in the first place, and it's really to be expected.

I completely disagree. The care can and should be taken so that these arrive as they were. I realize that few things are perfect, but certain things are preventable. I'm hoping I can somehow get this 'rectified'. Thanks again everyone for all of your advice, sympathy, and stuff. It's really appreciated.

likeolikeh
Sea Post King

I understand your pain. My lithograph came in perfect condition, but I collect "Emek" concert posters, and they are expensive, and I got one once that was just a mess. Im sure you will get a response from EVR on here.
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Take a picture of it and send to the label's customer service. You should get what you pay for.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
MichaelMakeArt
Sea Post King

Try putting a bed sheet on top of the poster and WARM ironing it. Not too hot (you don't want the paper to scorch, so use a low setting), and don't use steam (moisture warping). Do it to both sides of the poster, the dents should relax if you press them from the convex side of the dent with heat.

This is at least how I fix paper errors with fine art papers, I haven't tried it with a semi gloss printed litho. I hope you can get this corrected.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

MichaelMakeArt wrote:
This is at least how I fix paper errors with fine art papers, I haven't tried it with a semi gloss printed litho. I hope you can get this corrected.

Yeah, I use the same techniques for bookbinding. I'm not sure how it will work with semi gloss either. The lithos are such a limited print run that getting a replacement is probably out of the question, so DIY fixes are the way to go.

Smokemonster
CBmp3
Sea Post King

[quote="Saellys"]
MichaelMakeArt wrote:
The lithos are such a limited print run that getting a replacement is probably out of the question, so DIY fixes are the way to go.

I'm hoping they kept a few just in the case of a return, like this.

Not to be rude to you all, but 'fixing' it is not even entering my mind as an option. Not gonna do it.

mister_joseph
Golly, Poster

i've had artwork that is somewhat damaged when "out in the open," if you will, but once framed, are practically invisible. Considering how dark the lithograph looks, this might be the case....