Laughing City
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

I've had much more success plugging The Valley than both RN and Combinations - I guess that's partly because of the spin.com stream and a huge amount of facebook/twitter usage. Very Happy (I remember the days when I put some eisley tracks on a "sampler" cd, with the details, played it in the 6th year common room at school, and left the CD's there... who knows what happened to them?*)

As a result, I've had one friend tell me that she has actually bought it off Amazon and is v v excited to hear it. Another said she'd probably buy it after dissertation madness. Whilst a third (a bloke) has been listening quite consistently to them on Spotify - and knowing him, he will actually buy the discs. So that's all encouraging Very Happy I think Eisley could really break through with this album. People seem to be digging this a lot more than the others.
my girlfriend also has fallen in love with them - thanks to spin.com

Anyone else have some stories of new listeners?

*yes, technically very illegal, but there was some vague consensus of consent right here on laughing city. I did it for Midlake, too (for whom there was concrete consent on their forum).

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
jamiga
Vintage Newbie

Yay!! I've had several Facebook friends go out and buy the album after listening to it stream online.
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

I made a mistake and started sharing a few weeks ago, before I had the new album (call it concert hangover...I got all excited after seeing a live show).

I shared some of the "safer" yet rockier old stuff, to which I got no replies except that they sounded like a female version of Nickleback. Laughing I was upset, until they told me that was a compliment. Nevermind, I was still upset. I think I picked the wrong combo of songs. Wink

I'll wait a few weeks and try again with the new stuff!

On a plus side, not sure if she's a "fan" but another friend did mention she downloaded (legally!) some songs after the concert, so that was cool!
Caley
Lost at Forum

Seems like my closest friends have bought it or are planning on buying it. Then there are others who have expressed interest in the band, especially now that I'm more vocal about their new album and upcoming headlining tour, which is hopefully cemented and pimped soon. So I think the Valley could get them more fans, for sure.

This is definitely the most interested my friends have ever been in Eisley (other than my BFF, who has been to so many shows of theirs with me).

Lynn
Golly, Poster

I have been trying to get a really close friend of mine hooked on Eisley for about two years now, but she never quite got them until this album. When I gave her a CD with Combinations and Room Noises on it, she said it's just not her type of music.
I sent her the free online stream link for the Valley, and she loved it. Finally Very Happy
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

I suggested to John Strohm, former Blake Babies guitarist and current music lawyer for musician's rights, that he go see Eisley at SXSW since he'll be there & he said that he'd try to catch them. This is a best of both worlds colliding scenario for me. Cool