Laughing City
FrancescaEVR
Equal Vision Rules!

Here's a starter list of stations that have added "Smarter" (or possibly some other song from The Valley since they were all sent copies of the full record):

KCRW Los Angeles, CA
KBCO Boulder, CO
KVNF Paonia, CO
KPND Sandpoint, ID
KSLU Hammond, LA
WERU East Orland, ME
WTMD Towson, MD
KAXE Grand Rapids, MI
KCLC St. Louis, MO
KDBB Park Hills, MO
WVOD Wanchese, NC
WNTI Hackettstown, NJ
WBJB Monmouth, NJ
KTAO Taos, NM
WFIV Farragut, TN
KUT Austin, TX
WHRV Norfolk, VA
WYMS Milwaukee, WI
WBSD Milwaukee, WI

More coming soon!
olimario
Laughing Citizen

Glad they'll be getting some exposure.
Still wish 'Watch it Die' was getting the push instead of 'Smarter'.
keithabbott
Sea Post King

Definitely target DC101...even if it's just Elliot in the Morning's show. This station has a large reach in the DC metro area.
eiswood09
Sea Post King

olimario wrote:
Glad they'll be getting some exposure.
Still wish 'Watch it Die' was getting the push instead of 'Smarter'.

^ Agreed! Although, "Smarter" isn't a bad song. It's catchy (radio friendly). I find "Watch It Die" really charming. Something about the angsty/emotional lyrics that they somehow matched with a happy sounding melody. The radio exposure's really great though. Very Happy

Vintage Newbie

KCLC will hopefully work the record, the more upbeat songs are perfect for their format, though they seldom rock all the way out! They'll also play the midtempo tracks. SO yeah, good fit there. They cover the northern parts of outlying suburban St. Louis County, aka "North County" the Upper Boondocks and "West County", St. Charles, St. Peters and other outlying areas where the upper-middle class population in town has migrated to (census stats now have the outlying communities more populated that Metro STL and STL County.)

never heard of KDBB Park Hills, MO http://www.b104fm.com/lineup.htm I'll have to see if I can get it, cause it's in "South County" aka The Lower Boondocks .

Because of the de facto segregation in St. Louis, there are only a few areas in the inner city that are diverse enough where anything other than R & B and Hip Hop are going to get play, and that's the areas near St. Louis University http://kslu.slu.edu/, Washington University http://kwur.com/, and Webster University.

http://www.wlcafm.com/ Broadcasts out of an IL suburb just north of St. Louis & St. Louis county and would be the Ideal Station to give Smarter major spins.

...but with Music Directors, you never know what they'll get onboard with Confused For all I know they could all be diehard Newfound Glory and Paramore fans and bare a grudge Neutral

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
pazatronix!
Lost at Forum

No Dallas stations yet? Confused
Kit
Sea Post King

People still listen to the radio?
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

Kit wrote:
People still listen to the radio?
I personally miss the radio. Q 104.3 (quintessential classic rock station via NYC) is still great, 94.3 for 90s pop memories. Otherwise, $#@! around here sucks worse than ever.

Don't know how I feel about the XM types. I mean, who needs the expense of E Street and 50-90s on their respective channels when I can just hook my iPod up to the stereo?
johnip
Vintage Newbie

I too miss good radio.

We had a station out of Atlanta that played all the good alternative rock from the 90's up. They went off the air about 8 years ago and moved to online only. Haven't listened to it online since. Now the only station I can bear to listen to plays a few decent songs a day in between the 80's junk and whatever new crap they can find.

Golly, Poster

portland, me's wcyy didn't pick it up? that's odd - i don't think i get the east orland station where i live in maine :/ but that's awesome anyways!

You misunderstood. I used that emoticon to show people what they'd look like after I stab them in the eye.

Wink
Cabius
Sea Post King

I wonder if we (Dallas peeps) could get it on KXT 90.1, the indie/NPR radio station. They often do in-studio sessions with (mostly local, mostly indie) artists. Wouldn't that be a perfect fit for Eisley?

I went to their "Contact Us" page and submitted the following; it couldn't hurt if other people also chipped in. =)

Quote:
I don't know if you guys have an official requests line, but I really really think that you should take a look at "The Valley", the new album by Eisley. I think that they would be a fantastic "get" for an in-studio session. The album is great, their target demo is very much in line with KXT's listeners, and the story behind it would make for a good interview (local family band, a theme album about personal loss and heartbreak, an indie comeback after leaving a major label, etc).

If you haven't heard the album, it's streaming online here: http://www.spin.com/articles/exclusive-stream-eisleys-new-album

I definitely think that you guys should try to book them for an in-studio session, or at least rotate some of their tunes into your playlist. I have no official affiliation with the band, but I'm pretty sure that their manager/dad's email address is boyd@eisley.com if you want to contact him and see what you can arrange!

"Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original: whereas if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring twopence how often it has been told before) you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it." ~ C.S. Lewis
Cabius
Sea Post King

The reply, in case anybody is interested:

Quote:
Hey Caleb -- thanks for the request. Great band -- from Tyler, no less!

Our request line is at kxt.org/request. Make sure to keep dropping us songs from time to time.

thanks,

Jeff Giddens
Membership and Marketing

So, DFW peeps should all go to kxt.org/request and push the new album!

"Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original: whereas if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring twopence how often it has been told before) you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it." ~ C.S. Lewis
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

Cabius wrote:
The reply, in case anybody is interested:

Quote:
Hey Caleb -- thanks for the request. Great band -- from Tyler, no less!

Our request line is at kxt.org/request. Make sure to keep dropping us songs from time to time.

thanks,

Jeff Giddens
Membership and Marketing

So, DFW peeps should all go to kxt.org/request and push the new album!

FrancescaEVR had mentioned in another thread that they had been in touch with some people at KXT, and that Gini Mascorro had expressed some interested in one or two tracks from the Valley, so I was a bit disappointed not to see them on the list.

Good info though.... we'll just keep requesting it.

I'm not sure Smarter is the best fit for them though. I don't think they'll be into it... They're audience is exactly who would like Eisley (as they are in Dallas, a lot of them would remeber Eisley from when they were the big local buzz band around here), but I'm not sure they'd like Smarter.

I think that the pick of Smarter as the single might be well calculated to get them a spin on commercial, mainline mook-rock radio, but the problem is that those audiences aren't the ones who will like the album or Eisley when they hear more of them, and pumping Smarter as a single is going to work against getting them out through channels that serve audiences with higher potential to become fans.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

True, but to be honest, there are a lot of people who will just download one song, or buy and album based on one song, and their money is as good as mine, so why not get it? Very Happy

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

wilsmith wrote:
True, but to be honest, there are a lot of people who will just download one song, or buy and album based on one song, and their money is as good as mine, so why not get it? Very Happy

Not saying you shouldn't. But that's likely the only purchase you ever get out of them; they'll never buy the actual album, merch, show tickets, future recordings, etc, so the interesting question is how many of those purchases you need to get for every potential fan who would have done those things but won't because either they think they don't really like Eisley as Smarter is the only Eisley song they know, or they never hear Eisley. The channels through which they learn about music will never play Smarter because, by itself, it sounds a bit too much like cock-rock. And those channels might not play anything else by Eisley, either, if their programmers only associate Eisley with Smarter, causing them to write them off as a non-fit.

So push smarter as a side strategy, to pick up some of those listeners who might like Eisley (or their girlfriends), but I'd have thought more mileage would be gained by also pushing something a bit more representative in the direction of Eisley's potential audience, at least twice as hard.

Its not like this album is hurting for material.

I guess the only assumption under which primarily pushing Smarter makes sense is that that the potential revenue from the one-time impulse purchasers of Smarter is so vastly greater than that from potential fans that you don't want to risk letting the mainline rock audience hear any other Eisley, for fear that they won't like it and therefore won't buy Smarter. Under this scenario, you would estimate the market of potential Eisley fans (even casual ones) as strategically insignificant, relative to the impulse Smarter purchases.