Laughing City
FrancescaEVR
Equal Vision Rules!

I can hardly believe this day is finally here but alas it is March 1st and as promised, The Valley is available for purchase online and in stores as of today.

For a physical copy, you'll want to visit Best Buy, FYE, or your favorite local indie store.

For a digital copy, iTunes is an obvious choice but as some of you have noticed, Amazon is offering the album for only $5! Even if you have your own copy, Amazon has a great little feature that lets you gift the album and did I mention it's ONLY $5?!

Lastly but most importantly, I want to say thank you. Thank you for sticking around, for listening, for caring, for going through all of these hard times with the band and making today so very special for them and us. Thank you for sticking up for Equal Vision when people were confused by their signing here. Eisley is very unique in their own way as well as on our roster and we know that. We wouldn't have fought for this band and this record if we didn't think they were special. What we didn't know beforehand was how amazing and special their fans are and how amazing this community is, and I am so grateful to have been welcomed into it with open arms. I'm looking forward to what's to come, not only with The Valley, but also with future albums.

Happy Eisley Day!!
olimario
Laughing Citizen

Pretty exciting day for me as a fan. I can't imagine what you guys are going through over there. Congratulations!
FrancescaEVR
Equal Vision Rules!

Oh yeah, and you can get "Smarter" acoustic, "Ambulance" acoustic & "Kind" live on iTunes. You don't have to buy the entire album again, you can buy the tracks separately if you already have a copy:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/the-valley-deluxe-edition/id417572649
olimario
Laughing Citizen

Lovely.
Is there any place to buy 'Please' acoustic? It's my favorite.
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

Aw. That brought a tear to my eye. Apparently, I'm very sentimental as of lately. I'm glad that you guys care about them as much as their fans do. It's a pretty awesome feeling to know that a band you love is finally respected as a band for what they do. not for what you want them to do. I'm so glad Eisley found a home at EVR. To see what they've gone through and that they've ended up being on a label that actually cares, is a great thing for a long time fan to see. They deserve it and you guys deserve them. I love that you treat them so well.

I'm glad to be along for the ride. I couldn't be more proud of Eisley and the music they make. A lot of my friends think I'm just some "obsessed fan" but don't really realize the reasons I truly love Eisley. All the people who know me know about Eisley in some way or another. I talk about their music a lot. I think it's because they always release music that's relevant to my life in some way. I can't even begin to explain how excited I am for today. I know you guys must all be over the moon. Thanks for being awesome label that makes me actually have faith in labels again, EVR. You're classy

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
drowningsea
Sea Post King

So excited for the band! My CD and t-shirt arrived yesterday after I left for work. The shirt is probably my fave design ever. Love the CD art and photos and that the lyrics are printed inside. This is definitely the most polished and professional looking pack IMO

Love it!
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

I see you are advertising via the Paste e-mail.
It has the "Valley" girl* aka Christie in another life.
I couldn't find a review by them on their website though.

*Maybe Francesca can tell us who is on the cover? Wink

cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

bigideas wrote:

I think Sherri said it was just an old photograph that they liked, nobody they knew.

The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

cynlovescandy wrote:
bigideas wrote:

I think Sherri said it was just an old photograph that they liked, nobody they knew.

Yep... They found it online and bought it. It's kind of weird that the girl looks so much like a Dupree...

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Just wanted to mention that our local indie record store in St. Louis, one of like 3 didn't order the cd for it's regular stock, but they are 50% wack most of the time anyway, selling promo cds in the used bins, and never ordering the cds for proper stock of the more obscure artists, thereby jerking them around twice over. Like a buddy of mine ( http://www.johnmaxfield.net ) said, if you are going to give your music to a store to play as a promo, give them a burned copy they can't sell. So true. Way to go http://www.vintagevinyl.com Rolling Eyes

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
dangerous
Sea Post King

I've stuck with this band since 2003, and the core of fans who were here before me that have stuck around, are a testament to just how wonderful Eisley have treated us. The DuPree family have always felt like a 2nd family to me, and to have EVR apart of that family now makes it much stronger!

I'm in love with The Valley, and I'm so glad they have a solid home now!

Edit: I should also say, there are some very faithful fans who have come after myself and others who are just as important of fans Smile

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

^lots of us were lurkers anyways, and our "joined dates" only reflect our willingness to be recognized and participate on the LC, even though we'd been rockin' eisley for years Wink

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

http://pitchfork.com/news/41811-the-national-snag-man-men-star-for-new -video/

Austin, Tx band, Okkervil River has a new album coming out in May and the first track is called...

The Valley

p.s. At work today I came across a baby born in November with first name, Eisley.