Laughing City
eiswood09
Sea Post King

I uploaded a couple Eisley videos on youtube and sometimes I like to check external sites their linked to. So, I randomly browsed this one forum and there was a discussion about Eisley on there.

According to this one person, Stacy stated "The Valley" might be their last album. Confused
Quote:
chilled with the stacy and the dude from mutemath awhile ago, this might be there last album

Quote:
I wasn't really chilling with them, it was more of me just being there because my dad's friends is really good friends with the dude from mutemath. I asked if they were going to make anymore cds, and she said probably not

I know this probably isn't true and hope this was all some sort of misunderstanding. There's been no announcement of the band breaking-up or anything. It just kinda worried me Laughing

Lost at Forum

i hope not, and if they are nearing their end i hope they do release one more album before that.

it is understandable though if they stop the band or take a break for a while, i mean they've been a band for 10+ years now and they're all married. i'm sure they want to slow down for a bit and enjoy life.

i have a friend who's a massive say anything fan who got to talk to max a while ago, and according to him max said that they plan to settle down and retire from their bands sometime.

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
mister_joseph
Golly, Poster

here's something to consider:

if a band knew they were going to break up, would a label invest their money into signing, developing, and releasing that record? EVR has done a lot more in terms of that than WB, obviously, and Eisley, while having some critical acclaim, isn't exactly a huge money-making band. said person may have misunderstood "taking time off" for "breaking up," which does happen, especially on teh interwebs.

then again, person credited to this statement doesn't understand the difference between "they're," "there," and "their." so their opinions are automatically suspect in my book!

Wink

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

A Brief Word of Advice:

Quit While You're Ahead. Enjoy the moment. Only go to THIS Eisley fan forum, their personal twitters, and their Facebook pages where they are directly involved on some level to mediate rumors and hearsay.

Be Happy and don't yell fire in theaters, and ignore anyone else who does for conversation's sake, it's against the law Wink

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

Maybe their last one for a while...? Wouldn't be a bad idea.

But I agree with everyone else on this one: Youtube comments are not always the best source for...anything.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

If I were in a band that had just released a really great album that took years to get out in the open, and some stranger came up to me and asked such a stupid, ridiculous question as "So, are you gonna make any more CDs?" I'd say probably not just to get him or her to stop saying stupid things at me.

That person is either unable to detect sarcasm or flat-out lying.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

Preposterous.

[/thread]

(If anything, I would guess she was talking about her solo album collaboration being "her last one" and YouDude got it ass-backwards.)

inorbit
Laughing Citizen

I'm with Saellys on this one;
good chance she was just trying to make him go away because he was a irritating.

but who knows?

I think about quitting my job several times per week. Haven't done it yet though.
oathmeal
Sea Post King

I wouldn't trust this either. Still kind of unsettling though. It would be heartbreaking if they did call it quits (although I'd probably be in denial forever Smile ).
dangerous
Sea Post King

I'm sure Boyd will come along to crush any rumours surrounding this, but until then, don't speculate. Like wilsmith said, follow their respective public sources of communication and not what someone said on youtube.
eiswood09
Sea Post King

dangerous wrote:
I'm sure Boyd will come along to crush any rumours surrounding this, but until then, don't speculate. Like wilsmith said, follow their respective public sources of communication and not what someone said on youtube.

Yeah.. I had a hard time believing it when I read it. I agree with grainthrower, it's Preposterous!

I just thought it was odd in a way because Eisley seems such a tight-knit group and the possibility of breaking-up would sort of seem like the end of the world to me(I know this analogy is a bit out there ha!). Even if someone jokes or talks about the band breaking up, it sort of gives me a heart attack Mad .. well not really but it still makes me feel sad I guess (yes, I'm such a creeper fan).

I found this particular comment really funny though, so I thought I'd share this little thing I've come across of on the internet and share some laughs Laughing Perhaps, Stacy was talking about something else and this-random-guy-on-the-internet understood it differently.

I remember Sherri saying on the 120 Seconds youtube video from a few years back: "We're gonna do this, 'til we can't do this no more" so it's all good, nothing to worry about.

Protocol Droid

I haven't gotten to talk to them a lot lately, but that's very different from what I heard from them last time I chatted with anyone connected to the band (still fairly recent).

Most likely total BS, or a misunderstood comment about if the album fails or whatever.

Regardless, I'd need to hear it from a way better source than that.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

I asked Stacy about LP3 after Combinations came out, when they were in London. Stacy said, "at some time, we probably won't release our music on CD format, but only on vinyl and/or tape. Alas, Warner Bro's want us to stick with stupid CD's."

My memory might be hazy though - so don't quote me on that.

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

mad_sam_purple'ead wrote:
I asked Stacy about LP3 after Combinations came out, when they were in London. Stacy said, "at some time, we probably won't release our music on CD format, but only on vinyl and/or tape. Alas, Warner Bro's want us to stick with stupid CD's."

My memory might be hazy though - so don't quote me on that.

Laughing
Let's not forget that Stacy Dupree IS related to Weston.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I am still totally against this thread's existence. But who am I to pass up an opportunity to blab nostalgic Razz

I remember Sherri making a comment while she was on her honeymoon in Europe about a spooky church with people singing in it, and said something to the effect of "that's the future for Eisley will do if LP3 doesn't work out". It was awhile ago, and I think it was a twitter comment maybe?

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area