Laughing City
norad
Vintage Newbie

While going through some videos on the server I noticed the files were damaged. I looked on my external hard drive for them but it turns out they were damaged too. It must have happened when files where moved from one hard drive to the other.

If anyone happens to have these videos could you please, please send them into Strange Yellow Patterns. You can use the user upload page to do so. You can also email us: media.strangeyellowpatterns.com/contact or media@strangeyellowpatterns.com

A list of the videos that were damaged with file names (file names are what they were when they were downloaded them from OGG years ago/possibly the names Boyd gave them) and a description are given below.
-- webeisleyflaming.mov (when Eisley got on stage with The Flaming Lips in 2002/2003?)
-- stackymovie.mov (Video Stacy made with a Kashmir song)
-- Got it! deardidyouknow.mov (Video of random footage with a demo of Just Like We Do playing)
-- Got it! LostatSea.mov (Video of random footage again with the demo of Lost at Sea)
-- Also the slower/just Stacy version Lady of the Wood from 10/02/2003 in Deep Ellum/Dallas.

These two are old videos from OGG:
-- teacherseisley.mov (Telescope Eyes played during the British show Teachers)
-- eisleybecool.mov (Marvelous Things music video in the background of the movie Be Cool)
If anyone can help us we would very much appreciate it. Thank you!
Last edited by norad on Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
johnip
Vintage Newbie

I've got the Lost at Sea movie. What's the easiest way to get it to you?

*edit. I R DUM

Last edited by johnip on Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
ghost in the snow
Golly, Poster

I sent you the lost at sea and the lady of the wood videos. Did you get them? If not i can send them again.
norad
Vintage Newbie

Thank you both! I don't see anything yet though. I'll wait a little while longer. Very Happy
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

the lost at sea video is also on the official eisley youtube

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
norad
Vintage Newbie

mr pine wrote:
the lost at sea video is also on the official eisley youtube

Is it? I didn't know! Laughing Thanks for the heads up. Cool

To ghost in the snow & johnip: what are the dimensions of your video? The one from Eisley's YouTube is 320x240.
johnip
Vintage Newbie

it is 320x240 as well

the Stacy/Ruby Over Diamonds video is on youtube here. The sound quality sucks though I'm not sure how the original was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s0EjbdojbU

Last edited by johnip on Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
norad
Vintage Newbie

That's what I thought. Thanks!

Edit: Thank you for the video johnip! It's better quality than the one from YouTube. Smile I saw the Stacy video on YouTube but the quality is sooo bad.
http://media.strangeyellowpatterns.com/index.php/media/file/586-lost-a t-sea-raw-cassette-demo
Lynn
Golly, Poster

I think I have the version of Lady of the Wood that you're looking for, tell me if you haven't received the one that ghost in the snow sent you Smile
norad
Vintage Newbie

Lynn wrote:
I think I have the version of Lady of the Wood that you're looking for, tell me if you haven't received the one that ghost in the snow sent you Smile

Nope. I never did.
ghost in the snow
Golly, Poster

norad wrote:
Lynn wrote:

Nope. I never did.

Strange! I sent it through the website. I don't have my external harddrive on me so I'll just let her send it to you. If it's not the right version let me know and I'll send it a different way.
norad
Vintage Newbie

ghost in the snow wrote:
norad wrote:
Lynn wrote:

Nope. I never did.

Strange! I sent it through the website. I don't have my external harddrive on me so I'll just let her send it to you. If it's not the right version let me know and I'll send it a different way.

Jonip was the only one to upload anything in the last couple of days. Hmm...
johnip
Vintage Newbie

For the folks who thought they uploaded stuff - there are two drop down boxes on the RIGHT side of the upload screen that you need to click. Change them both to the only choice in there. I didn't notice them the first time I tried. I think they were called "category" and "submission type" or something close.

I can't check because I can't figure out how to login again....
Did you change something Nora? Laughing

*by left side I meant right side. time for bed. Sad

Vintage Newbie

johnip wrote:
For the folks who thought they uploaded stuff - there are two drop down boxes on the RIGHT side of the upload screen that you need to click. Change them both to the only choice in there. I didn't notice them the first time I tried. I think they were called "category" and "submission type" or something close.

I can't check because I can't figure out how to login again....
Did you change something Nora? Laughing

*by left side I meant right side. time for bed. Sad

There are upload instructions on the FAQ page as well: http://media.strangeyellowpatterns.com/index.php/faq

Also no one besides you has uploaded anything. The user upload form wont even let you upload anything if you don't select the category and section. It's also only visible to a registered user.

Oh my god. I did change something! Oops. I moved some stuff and the login page got disabled by accident. Thanks for that heads up!
johnip
Vintage Newbie

Good! That means I'm not a complete moron yet! Laughing

goto page
 | next >>