Laughing City
boone
Vintage Newbie

It's 132 miles to Portland from here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

marshking wrote:
I wasn't sure if my trip from MS to Nashville was more or my trip from MS to Baton Rouge, so I google-mapped it.

Should I be ashamed that I've driven 287 miles to see this band? No! Smile

(Baton Rouge was the winner, surprisingly. It surely felt closer than Nashville)

had to good my trip too. No shame in that, we U.S. Americans are not so good at Geography after all.

Cabius wrote:
Nice! I saw the Pixies at Street Scene in San Diego one year. Day one: Hot Hot Heat, Louis XIV, Garbage, and The Killers. Day two: Death Cab For Cutie, Dashboard Confessional, The Flaming Lips, and The Pixies. Amazing stuff.

They were one act swap from having a pretty lopsided 90's vs. Y2Ks battle of the bands Wink (not counting DCFC since they are mainly a Y2Ks success story, & I road 100 miles to see them). Day two of that Fest = Shocked Love

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
ync
Golly, Poster

I think i lose - since i walk to most of the shows...

You misunderstood. I used that emoticon to show people what they'd look like after I stab them in the eye.

Wink
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

in this thread losing like that amounts to #60 on this soundboard

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

D.C. to Dallas back in 2008, it was my biggest whim of a trip. And first trip alone! Go me.
marshking
Sea Post King

ync wrote:

I always thought it was so nifty how close the shows usually are to you! yay you! Now that I'm in Houston I shouldn't ever have to travel hours and hours again. yay me too, I guess Smile

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ync
Golly, Poster

marshking wrote:
ync wrote:

I always thought it was so nifty how close the shows usually are to you! yay you! Now that I'm in Houston I shouldn't ever have to travel hours and hours again. yay me too, I guess Smile

haha yeah it's pretty convenient. it's either down the street from my dorm, down the street from my school, or down the street from my boyfriend's apartment... thanks boston!

You misunderstood. I used that emoticon to show people what they'd look like after I stab them in the eye.

Wink
rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

Well, Ash and I decided to take a drive from Saskatoon to follow Eisley for a few tour dates during the summer of 2005.

We drove from Saskatoon to Winnipeg (485 mi). We drove from there to Minneapolis for that show at Quest Club (450 mi).

From there we went to Chicago (400 mi) but didn't go to that show because Ash was under 21. We made the Cleveland show next (350 mi).

Then we stopped at Niagara Falls, Ontario (210 mi) on our way to the show in Toronto at Lee's Palace (80 mi).

We then drove to New York (460 mi) but missed the show there because we never found the venue.

That was a total of about 2400 miles one way.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
kulvir
Laughing Citizen

rmlawrence wrote:
Well, Ash and I decided to take a drive from Saskatoon to follow Eisley for a few tour dates during the summer of 2005.

We drove from Saskatoon to Winnipeg (485 mi). We drove from there to Minneapolis for that show at Quest Club (450 mi).

From there we went to Chicago (400 mi) but didn't go to that show because Ash was under 21. We made the Cleveland show next (350 mi).

Then we stopped at Niagara Falls, Ontario (210 mi) on our way to the show in Toronto at Lee's Palace (80 mi).

We then drove to New York (460 mi) but missed the show there because we never found the venue.

That was a total of about 2400 miles one way.
That makes you two the Eisley equivalent of Deadheads. Eisheads? Eisloids?
sully_51
Golly, Poster

When I lived in KC, I made the trip to a Des Moines show, by way of Minneapolis (to pick up Jamie), then made the return trip, which ended up being a total of about 1400 miles driving in two days.

Also, last year, I flew from California to KC to catch a show at the Record Bar. That was about 1500 miles or something, but that was flying.

Unregistered
Laughing Citizen

jamiga wrote:
I traveled to their Antarctica show back in '06.

Their Antarctica show??? In '06.... cant find it. Wink Must have been awesome though! Smile