8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
more than twenty years ago
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 48

Lynn
Golly, Poster

This year... When I get a flu that involves throwing up I always make the most out of it, meaning that while everyone in my family who has the same would only throw up once or twice, I'd go on till I've gotten all my stomach fluids out (like throwing up 10 times in a row with about half an hour in between during which I do not even consume anything). And then I get really dehydrated and dizzy.
When I was little I used to throw up really often after traveling by bus (those really old stuffy buses that make your head spin) and even by car. The last time I threw up because of food poisoning was probably more than five years ago..
Once or twice I threw up because of nerves also... Just being stressed out by the amount of work I had to do.
(And sometimes I throw up because of menstrual pain (because my uterus muscle or whatever is so contracted that it even makes my stomach contract, and sadly I don't feel relieved at all after throwing up), but that hasn't happened this year..)
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

johnip wrote:
that orange juice probably curdled the milk too which wouldn't help haha.

Idea Neutral Laughing thanks for the tip.

This is more Mileage than I thought a thread about Vomiting would get. This is now officially the Vomitorium of the Laughing City Embarassed <- and this takes on new meaning. Razz <- as does this.

Neutral Sad Confused Embarassed Shocked Surprised Mad Crying or Very sad ..... Embarassed Shocked Surprised Mad Crying or Very sad

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

A couple weeks ago after taco night. Confused I've been vaguely nauseated for basically all twelve weeks of my pregnancy so far, but I've only thrown up once.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
freakinalex
Lost at Forum

Early December at my friend's birthday party. I drank a lot of something that had waaaayyy more alcohol in it than I thought. So, by the end of the night, I was the sickest I think I have ever been. I threw up several times outside, rendering the staircase of the apartment complex "unusable" and leaving a nice stain right outside my friend's apartment door that's still there. Not that I really remember it. All I remember was waking up on his floor the next morning.

So yeah, let that be a lesson to make sure you know what you're drinking.

Shadow Mouse
Sea Post King

A couple years ago when I had the flu. It was a relief though, let me tell you.
jamiga
Vintage Newbie

Middle of January... went to a piano bar and drank a tad too much. Don't really remember much from that night.. but left evidence of my destruction on the stairs outside the apartment.
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

ks1990 wrote:
Like, half a year ago? And it was was in public. Really embarrassing, Embarassed Embarassed

oh hey, last summer I got back from India feeling tired and sick, met up with my brother in London, went to a small cafe, had half of a cheese toastie and, because the place had no toilets, had to run outside into the street to spew up. Laughing

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

Compared to the LC data, I throw up quite frequently. I threw up last week.
I ate some pie after a big dinner and it didn't settle well. My tummy gave it the old "up and out".

inorbit
Laughing Citizen

another one of these fun TMI threads...
-
me, probably about four years.... culprit = contaminated sourdough bread.

prior to that? 1999, I think; bad can of casoulet I brought back from Toulouse.

Probably had a stomach bug or two before that, and vaguely remember another bout or two of transient food poisoning (always fun!).

C2H5OH related, specifically? Wow... a long time. Since first year after college I think (and that was a very isolated case). Learned my lesson(s) about that stuff relatively early.
happyface
Sea Post King

It gets as far as my throat. But, it never goes any further out. I get this nasty feeling afterwards.
Joined: 23 Aug 2009 | Posts: 251 | Location: The Gold City, Puerto Rico
cam8833
Sea Post King

I've been partying pretty hard here in my last quarter of college, puking pretty hard too.
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

cam8833 wrote:
I've been partying pretty hard here in my last quarter of college, puking pretty hard too.
Laughing

I personally don't get that, though. I mean, like I said, the first time I made the rookie mistake of mixing grain and grape...and drinking a whole lot of grape. The last time, I made another rookie mistake and drank Grand Marnier (after drinking three White Russians which seemed to have no effect on me because I had, um, already put the c in crunk) and then didn't drink again for 4 months, and can't go near/think of either (and to this day, I cannot drink red wine or beer, even though it's been 7 years)!
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

I probably puke about 3 times a year due to alcohol. The last time was January or February. I usually am pretty good about drinking and not going overboard, but every once in a while...
JBaker
Vintage Newbie

A little bit over 3 years ago. I got the flu the day before Super Tuesday.

Before that, I was probably going on 10 years.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Ok, finally time to tell a wisdom tooth extraction story:

So, I went with my go to nausea foods: White sodas, mashed potatoes, Old Tyme Pretzels, Apple Sauce (only plain unsweetened) , Vanilla Pudding, and Potatoe Crisps...

Well, On day two of post op woe, I made a batch of spuds with a little Smart Balance. half and hour to an hour or so passed, and suddenly I felt I was done for Embarassed . I had been drinking diet Sprite exclusively and not eating. I started what would be a 5 footstep mad dash to the bathroom and only got 3 steps into my faux hardwood hall and Transformed into a Fountain Drink Dispenser Surprised and to put what happened into words via a link to an Awesome song it Hit The Wall

I was so defeated, disgusted with myself, and then I looked and it was pretty much mess-less, just sprite Shocked I took my final two steps into the facilities and prepared for another internal rebellion.

I succumb to the violent upheavals of more soda and thought I was in the clear. I headed to the basement to get my mop and bucket, and on the way I was struck again Embarassed but just happened to be walking past my trash can, I bowed to my belly, and I kid you not, first came the last bit of soda, and then in one last heave, pretty much intact, Mashed potatoes with butter. Mad
and boom, no more nausea. We have our culprit.

It was weird, like the Regurgitator guy who did talk shows in the 90s, and came to our college, swallowing coins, Fishbowls with different color fish full of water and dry sugar, then bringing up exact change in order of denomination, the fish in whatever order a person asked for, then the water, and sugar dry, respectively. Not all three at once that I recall, but he did all three in one show, plus more (A whole Light bulb was one of the objects). He'd have to punch himself sometimes, and I have no idea how he did it, but my stomach apparently has a clue based on how it acted that day.

I haven't eaten mashed potatoes since then. It's been about a month, but I think I'm psyched out and won't be eating them again for the foreseeable future. But Potato Flakes take a long time to go bad, so there's still hope.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Last edited by wilsmith on Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total