Laughing City
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

http://www.ryanrussell.net/nervousenergies/ne_weekly.html

posted just to say I love Chauntelle's hat, but was racking my brains trying to remember what it reminded me of.

Then it dawned on me:

and now I feel moderately sheepish.
Embarassed
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

Haha, I had a similar hat (a 'mercury hat' [insensitive branding, if you ask me]) I wore over the winter and got the same comparison much to my dismay. Traded her in for a red-ish pork pie, but then I got Joey Jeremiah comparisons (who wore a trilby...).

They sound lovely.

Also, does Sherri have another tattoo?! Maybe she'll do a full sleeve after all.
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

Those hats always remind me of stonewashed Osh-Kosh Dungarees and blue eyed soul for some reason. Like 'em though.

Please is definitely the standout on this session imo. Some of you guys can say whatever you like about Sheri's songs, and some of hers aren't my favorites, but she has some gems in her, for sure.

Have to admit that acoustic Better Love isn't my fave though- and its not because they don't do it well. Its just that it needs the energy of the full (amped) band to come across with effect, I think.

The sound/mix on this session is astounding, really. Whoever was doing the engineering did GOOD stuff. Don't see any mics or cords..... how does that work?
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

tahruh wrote:

Also, does Sherri have another tattoo?! Maybe she'll do a full sleeve after all.

Yes!

New ink! by Sherri DuPree Bemis, on Flickr

tahruh
Vintage Newbie

inorbit wrote:
Those hats always remind me of stonewashed Osh-Kosh Dungarees and blue eyed soul for some reason. Like 'em though.

Please is definitely the standout on this session imo. Some of you guys can say whatever you like about Sheri's songs, and some of hers aren't my favorites, but she has some gems in her, for sure.

Have to admit that acoustic Better Love isn't my fave though- and its not because they don't do it well. Its just that it needs the energy of the full (amped) band to come across with effect, I think.
Switch the songs and you've got my opinion!

@Cynlovescandy

I hate to say it, but that's kind of cute. Excellent detail.

My friend got an outline of NJ in his inner lip (it fades over time, I think) and I almost gave in and got one with him until I realized I didn't want to show everyone my less-than-perfect bottom row of teeth. #vain
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

Please is my favorite from the bunch, too. Anytime they play that song acoustically, my heart melts a little. The "oh, oh, oh, oh" parts in the background on the pre-chorus are nothing short of amazing. I never sing Sherri's part during that anymore, I always sing along with the backing vocals.

I, too, love Chauntelle's hat in the videos. She pulls it off well and not a lot of people can. I sure can't. My head is too big and most hats won't fit.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

inorbit wrote:
http://www.ryanrussell.net/nervousenergies/ne_weekly.html

posted just to say I love Chauntelle's hat, but was racking my brains trying to remember what it reminded me of.

Then it dawned on me:

and now I feel moderately sheepish.
Embarassed

Don't feel bad... I thought Boy George WAS a girl and the name was meant to be ironic (I was all of 7 & 8 years old at the time). I had a crush on my 3rd grade classmate Billie who wore a hat like his (or the kind Madonna used to rock back then, or Cyndi Lauper) and a black coat (long coats was a specific Boy George thing as I recall) and bangles and the whole nine.

So yeah, I had a boyhood crush on the some quirky girl named Boy George, and then, after that big real, my crush was cured instantly, but was still enchanted by Girl Billie.

and I know nobody is going to agree with me, and that's fine, but Please is my least favorite song from the Valley. It's a fine song, but I like the rest more. There or Eisley songs I like less than that one, but it's pretty low on my list of released Eisley songs. It works musically, because to me it's a labor to listen to, which fits given the content of the song. I think that's what it's supposed to embody, the struggle, but the 50s ballad hook as pretty as it is, isn't enough to win me over. I can see why other people like it though.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
happyface
Sea Post King

That's a guy?!
Joined: 23 Aug 2009 | Posts: 251 | Location: The Gold City, Puerto Rico
happyface
Sea Post King

My good Lord; I look like a man!
happyface
Sea Post King

Is it normal to laugh troughout the whole Better Love video?