Laughing City
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

So here I was, idly clicking around, and found myself browsing Eisley's facebook page (which I never do). Clicked through the post about their inclusion on Nylon mags summer playlist/sampler.

OK publicity is publicity, but when you find yourself sharing a playlist with Duran Duran.... I just don't know what that means. I think it would give me a bit of a complex.

As I've generally been avoiding DD's output since I first became aware of their existence around 1982, I hadn't heard their latest yet... so curiosity got the better and with a couple of quick keystrokes I pulled it up on youtube. While fighting to stay awake against the sheer monotony of the song, I was struck by the realization that I don't think I have ever seen a bunch of 50-somethings grasping so desperately, pityfully and pleadingly for relevance before in my life, while having lost not an ounce of the irredeemable, self-parodying cheesiness I remember them for from all those years ago.

Congrats on the attention, Eisley, but be careful who you're seen with!
Kit
Sea Post King

I think Duran Duran's new album is pretty damned good. I don't care much for the title track "All You Need Is Now", but there are a couple of other tracks that would be hits if people weren't so age-conscious.
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

Its not about age- I like lots of artists older than those guys... -still have my fingers crossed that Hook and Barney will kiss and make up one day for that matter. Hard to respect them when they're trying SO HARD though.

In fairness, I haven't heard the rest of the album... and in all honesty can't see going out of my way to do so.
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

I think they've literally been seen with worse...

That video is filled with lots of second-hand embarrassment, though (especially the '80s throwbacks).
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

tahruh wrote:
I think they've literally been seen with worse...

you do have a point.