0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I like to graze on the cud of the LC one post at a time
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 5

mr pine
Vintage Newbie

I have never subscribed to a thread on here before. Or any other message board for that matter.

In fact, I don't even know how.

Nor have I ever clicked on that "view all new posts button"

am I missing out on this awesome feature?

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

Funny you should say this because it was only yesterday that I really noticed the 'watch this topic for replies' thing at bottom left. What happens, do we get harassing text messages from Sherri? Does a tiny unicorn show up at the door a la Pony Express? Does Weston jump through the window and plant a flying 360 kick on the forehead and yell "SPECIAL DELIVERY, HIII-YAAAA!!!"

I'm afraid to push it.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

If you just click on your profile and got through preferences there's these two:

profile options wrote:
Always notify me of replies:
Sends an e-mail when someone replies to a topic you have posted in. This can be changed whenever you post.

Notify on new Private Message:

It will send you a message from the board that just says:

You are receiving this email because you are watching the topic, "Last album you listened to from start to finish:" at Laughing City. This topic has received a reply since your last visit. You can use the following link to view the replies made, no more notifications will be sent until you visit the topic.

http://www.eisley.com/laughingcity/viewtopic.php?p=781200#781200

If you no longer wish to watch this topic you can either click the "Stop watching this topic link" found at the bottom of the topic above, or by clicking the following link:

http://www.eisley.com/laughingcity/viewtopic.php?t=#####&unwatch=topic

--
Thanks,
The Eisley Forum

Do not reply to this message. All replies will be ignored.

Clicking the link at the bottom stops it sending you updates.

Sometimes I check email and catch up on the new posts in threads that way, or otherwise I log in and check posts since my last visit. I don't know how else a person could keep up with stuff without getting overwhelmed. If there are lot of posts, you'll know cause there will be multiple notifications. I have my notifications going to "junk"ish email account, where they are filtered into an Eisley folder so they don't crowd my inbox. I can just trash everything in that folder with reckless abandon.

That's how I have my FB, Twitter, and Myspace set up as well. No need to use the sites if there's nothing pertaining to me going on. I'm all about efficiency. Only surf when it's low tide.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

I find that I really don't like getting e-mail alerts about stuff anymore. I accidentally clicked the "Watch this thread" link on my iPhone a couple times and it was super annoying. I don't need the Internet to come to me; I'll go to the Internet when I feel like it. Wink

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address