Laughing City
guitargalash
Golly, Poster

I love Eisley and I love St. Vincent. Isn't it weird how much Annie Clark and Sherri look alike and then Annie sounds like Stacy. Maybe a texas connection? Hahah I just had to share it.

I think they would tour very well together.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I'd have to think about it, but a St. Vincent/Eisley tour would be awesome. I love her new album.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
pazatronix!
Lost at Forum

i would love for them to tour together! Very Happy
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

I see no resemblance to Sherri and hear no resemblance to Stacy, but I would be first in line for St. Vincent/Eisley tour.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
redboots
Sea Post King

They seem very different to me, but I love them both, so I would definitely go! I just saw St. Vincent a week ago and she was amazing live. I watched her on Letterman a couple of nights ago as well. Marrow is my favorite from the new album.
Joined: 30 May 2008 | Posts: 309 | Location: above the tree tops
guitargalash
Golly, Poster

Letterman... I WAS LIKE OMG SHERRI. but of course we would have heard of it first I am just saying they kinda simply look alike no dead ringer but give me some slack!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

You know, I watched the Letterman video (because I was bad and missed it), and I see what you mean. Sure, when you put it to scrutiny it's not as much the case, but obviously it's the same for you. Since you're not on here talking about how Sherri was on Letterman or anything. Smile

Also, I'd like to continue lobbying for a St. Vincent/Eisley tour.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Well, let folks judge for themselves:

http://www.cbs.com/late_show/video/video.php?cid=446418039&pid=WM_Nnau l34pZ_blu7qLbq1zU2ULW2H4B&play=true

I know some people see resemblance based on hair color and style, mixed with stature, and since she's got dark hair and is built the way she is, a generic "looks like" can fit. But as far as features like how here eyes are set, her bone structure facially, the shape of her nose and mouth etc... those are always harder to judge from behind a mic, or a profile shot alone.

As far as the voice, when Stacy sings in a lower register it does sorta sound like her voice. That sort of Alto singing always makes me think of Glenda the Good Witch or something like that for some reason... Neutral

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
GoshDarnit
Sea Post King

I really don't hear any resemblance to Stacy's voice, but I guess her face kinda looks like how Sherri looked in the Telescope Eyes video.
Congratulations
Sea Post King

Hmm, I'm not seeing much of a resemblance. But that's definitely an interesting sound, especially with the four saxophones.

And maybe it's just me, but I'd love to see Eisley tour on their own. Just Eisley. I know that venue owners prefer to see shows strung out until closing time so they can make more money selling drinks or whatever. But I'd happily pay three or four times more for a ticket if I knew the night would go something like:

7:30 doors open
8:00 band goes on
9:30 or so, we're done

And I know it's not just an Eisley thing, so I'm not picking on them. Smile
I just think live shows would be more fun that way.
Joined: 31 Dec 2007 | Posts: 335 | Location: Northern Virginia
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

^ Totally Agree about the early ending of shows, but instead of one band, you could still have two and three band bills, just starting earlier. I always thought shows should span Happy Hour and Prime Time, that way for all ages their are no curfew issues and for people with jobs or are in school, weekday shows won't ruin their sleep cycles.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

The worst place I've ever been to for long shows is the 7th Street Entry in Minneapolis. You will literally spend from 7 until 2 a.m. watching 3 bands. It is that bad. Shocked

But back on topic ... I'm glad she has a full band now, instead of having to be on stage by herself. Though that was pretty cool, too.

guitargalash
Golly, Poster

yeah I am not a fan of the entry sure its fine for a minute or whatever for some local bands but it smells in there. I love First ave but much prefer Eisley to play at the Varsity or Fineline.
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

Congratulations wrote:
Hmm, I'm not seeing much of a resemblance. But that's definitely an interesting sound, especially with the four saxophones.

And maybe it's just me, but I'd love to see Eisley tour on their own. Just Eisley. I know that venue owners prefer to see shows strung out until closing time so they can make more money selling drinks or whatever. But I'd happily pay three or four times more for a ticket if I knew the night would go something like:

7:30 doors open
8:00 band goes on
9:30 or so, we're done

And I know it's not just an Eisley thing, so I'm not picking on them. Smile
I just think live shows would be more fun that way.

funny- I'm just the oposite-
My ideal schedule is
9:00 bands setting up, etc- official start but nothing's gonna happen- so you can be late.
9:15-9:30- first band goes on... plan on catching the opener, but if you don't make it or get held up, your not going to start missing what you really care about seeing untill 10:30 or so. You can get your work finished, get a work out, get some dinner, etc. You can relax and enjoy the show, because the rest of the day is truly over.
2:17- club pulls plug on headliner who got carried away and played a really long set with lots of encores because they were so on.

I don't like my (relatively rare) evening activities to cut short my day too much, 'cause I'm always behind and have too much to do... but when I get out I like it to be an EVENT. going home in time for supper just doesn't feel like I went out. I just feels like my day was interrupted.

Now On topic,
I like St. Vincent- she is talented, creative and unusual. I like Eisley more... I would pay good money and make it a high scheduling priority if Eisley and St. Vincent toured (though I'd rather see Eisley headline)
But I don't see much similarity at all, I'm afraid. I'm trying, but I can't see it. Maybe I lack insight.
redboots
Sea Post King

St. Vincent is touring with Andrew Bird this fall... which is going to be incredible.
Joined: 30 May 2008 | Posts: 309 | Location: above the tree tops