Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>

Are you a midnight (or any other time) toker?
Marijuana smoke has never entered my lungs.
38%
 38%  [ 10 ]
I've tried it once or twice.
23%
 23%  [ 6 ]
I used to, but not anymore.
15%
 15%  [ 4 ]
I'm an occasional social smoker.
23%
 23%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 26

tahruh
Vintage Newbie

Uhh... because hemp is heavily lobbied against! It would severely threaten chemical, plastics, timber and pharmaceutical industries. Look up William Hearst, Henry Anslinger and Lammont DuPont. You might already be familiar with the movie Citizen Kane, and the term Yellow Journalism, both of which Mr. Hearst inspired. Anslinger was the OG commissioner of the OG DEA, and well, we all know who DuPont was.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Not if the stake holders in those industries held the patents for the chemical processes necessary to develop said derivatives of Hemp.

anyways, we're veering towards the point where I can mention this http://www.burzynskimovie.com/ which relates to pharmaceuticals, patent laws, the MAN, etc.

Funny how, in the end, all we come up with is that the industrialists of the world use the same logic as Cobra Commander and Destro.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
freakinalex
Lost at Forum

The_Paronomasial_Mattoid wrote:
I've had alcohol before and I gotta say, I hate beer. It tastes like pee

It technically is pee. Yeast pee, anyway.

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

freakinalex wrote:
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid wrote:
I've had alcohol before and I gotta say, I hate beer. It tastes like pee

It technically is pee. Yeast pee, anyway.

It's very much an acquired taste, as I'm sure pee is too. Wink

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I always thought Horse Piss was a pretty fun name for Beer. And I am 100% confident I have no idea what horse piss tastes like. If Beer is it's analog then, that's as close as I ever plan on coming. But bet you there's some Buckaroo out there, past or present, who knows the taste of both and can clarify their proximity in taste, if only because he was trapped in the desert with no water to be found, and only his faithful steed at his side.

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

i used to only drink beer once I got drunk.

but then i did acquire the taste for it.
beer is pretty good. if it has been a while, the first taste is usually a little bitter.
just don't get the el cheapo stuff, or the real strong stuff and youll be ok.

bud light is a good starter. or rolling rock.
work your way up to the sam adams or guiness.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
Cendrillon
Golly, Poster

Quote:
You have to question motives behind the legality of stuff. Hemp is an amazing and versatile crop that has been demonized for decades.

And other than the ill effects of particle inhalation, casual marijuana use can be good for you. Kind of like a daily glass of red win.

Oh I know hemp is really useful. I mean, food, fabric, apparently the oil acts as an anti inflammatory, etc. I don't really know how I feel about legalizing it. I guess somewhat indifferent since it doesn't have much of a role in my life and I don't plan on it ever having one. The ill effects of particle inhalation is enough of a reason for me not to ever use it.

I think if it's part of your life and you like that sort of thing, a glass of red wine a day isn't going to hurt you, it might help. But probably not drinking at all would be better. Which is what I'm already doing.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

When you start with Meat and Marijuana, somehow all roads lead to Beer Laughing

and Cendrillion, skimming this thread, there's a good chunk of LCers that have the same sensibilities as you. Not a band thing. I guess I should count myself as one, only occasionally drink at socially appropriate times in small amounts, and don't smoke anything. The church I went to used Grape Juice though Mr. Green so by sure volume you might be more of a drinker than me or any of the other non/ rare drinkers Razz

You can't miss what you've never had, so stick to your guns. On less thing to spend time and money on when you could be doing other things you know you enjoy and have no qualms about pursuing.

freakinalex
Lost at Forum

wilsmith wrote:
When you start with Meat and Marijuana, somehow all roads lead to Beer Laughing

Maybe we should just start a beer thread. Razz

golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

My old roommate smoked it a ton. My boyfriend smoked it a ton. Now some of my best friends smoke it to oblivion. During my freshman year in college, I did anything and everything to abuse my freedom, and smoking pot was one of them. Granted, I only did it twice and resorted to smoking hookah the rest of the time, I've come to my senses and stopped smoking all together, since. (I've even managed to cut down on drinking drastically--0-2/month--before anyone goes there.)

In my personal opinion, I think it's disgusting, and down right stupid. I'm very much against it these days because I've seen what it has done to perfectly fine people with a great deal of potential prior to smoking it. I honestly feel that I would not be dating my boyfriend today if he had not stopped. As far as my friends go, it's sad to say, but I feel as though we've drifted because of our different interests and directions in life.

cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

golly_sandra wrote:

I'm very much against it these days because I've seen what it has done to perfectly fine people with a great deal of potential prior to smoking it. I honestly feel that I would not be dating my boyfriend today if he had not stopped. As far as my friends go, it's sad to say, but I feel as though we've drifted because of our different interests and directions in life.

Word.
I don't smoke weed. (only tried it a few times, like you)
I don't really like hanging out with potheads. (all they do is watch tv)
I wouldn't date a pothead. (tried that, too)

I still think it should be legal.

tahruh
Vintage Newbie

cynlovescandy wrote:

(all they do is watch tv)
http://coedmagazine.com/2009/02/06/the-10-most-successful-potheads-on- the-planet-cool-enough-to-admit-it/
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

10 out of how many??? And Sorkin fits her stereotype actually, since his life's work involves watching tv before & after it's produced. At best he's an enterprising stereotypical weed-head Razz

Oh, i could do a list of rich weed heads that DO or may watch a Lot of tv, past & present.

Bin laden
Bobby & whitney
Willie nelson (on the tour bus)
rappers Laughing
Paul mccartney

Yeah they do other stuff, but also weed & pop culture in heavy amounts.

Last edited by wilsmith on Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
10 out of how many???

My thoughts exactly. Alternate title: 10 Potheads Who Got Off Their Stoned Asses and Managed to Do Something With Their Lives. Razz

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ync
Golly, Poster

none for me - not my thing, i have no interest in it or any other drugs

i'm the anti art student it seems
no drugs, next to no booze, i hate coffee, and no apple products in sight

You misunderstood. I used that emoticon to show people what they'd look like after I stab them in the eye.

Wink

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>