Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>

Are you a midnight (or any other time) toker?
Marijuana smoke has never entered my lungs.
38%
 38%  [ 10 ]
I've tried it once or twice.
23%
 23%  [ 6 ]
I used to, but not anymore.
15%
 15%  [ 4 ]
I'm an occasional social smoker.
23%
 23%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 26

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Laughing

Now that's a contrarian amongst contrarians. maybe even contrary for the LC cause of the coffee & apple bits.

Right on Mr. Green

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

Yeah. I was just talking about my friends. Smile

tahruh
Vintage Newbie

@Wil/Saellys

If you're gonna stereotype, at least remember it's 2011. People get stoned and watch zany Youtube videos!

I just feel like you guys are perpetuating the stereotype that all potheads are jobless, goalless, and unmotivated. Losers, basically. McCartney wasn't my favorite Beatle, either, but surely he's not a loser. Wink

cynlovescandy wrote:

Okay, I just read 'potheads', and 'all they do', and assumed.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

tahruh wrote:
I just feel like you guys are perpetuating the stereotype that all potheads are jobless, goalless, and unmotivated. Losers, basically.

Thus far, my personal experience has perpetuated that stereotype, with the exception of two guys my husband works with who seem to have their lives sorted out (to the extent that they live above the poverty line and are capable of leaving the house in the morning to go to work--I can't speak to the rest).

To clarify, I was citing my overwhelmingly negative personal experience with people who smoke pot as a major factor in me choosing not to partake, rather than trying to make a statement about stoners in general. At least, that's what I was doing before that link, at which point I was mainly joking. Obviously there are millions of high-functioning stoners in the world, else the Dutch would have gone extinct by now. Wink

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

ync wrote:

i'm the anti art student it seems
no drugs, next to no booze, i hate coffee, and no apple products in sight

Laughing

mr pine
Vintage Newbie

i once walked in on my friends dad smoking pot. he is the head of the marketing department for a multi million dollar company that most of you have probably atleast heard of.

he has more money than he knows what to do with.

he isnt lazy.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

tahruh wrote:
@Wil/Saellys

If you're gonna stereotype, at least remember it's 2011. People get stoned and watch zany Youtube videos!

I just feel like you guys are perpetuating the stereotype that all potheads are jobless, goalless, and unmotivated. Losers, basically. McCartney wasn't my favorite Beatle, either, but surely he's not a loser. Wink

cynlovescandy wrote:

Okay, I just read 'potheads', and 'all they do', and assumed.

Should put the Evil Wil O'reilly label on that jokity post Razz

& to be fair, somebody had to counter the implicit notion that billionaire weed heads are more common than we think but they aren't cool enough to tell us. Aren't there even more millionaire cokeheads?

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Last edited by wilsmith on Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

Yeah! And what's the coke stereotype? Energetic a$$hole? Sounds about right in the business world! Wink
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

I think that pot probably is easy for a lazy person to consume often since they already don't plan on doing much. Same with watching television. If you're already a bum, it doesn't matter if you're taking something that's going to slow you down.

However, a more motivated person would probably only smoke on weekends or nights when they don't have a lot to do. What I mean to say is that lazy people are probably inclined to latch onto the stoner lifestyle and not vice versa.

I suppose I could be wrong, but I feel like I've know a fair share of both productive and unproductive potheads.

Vintage Newbie

Yup. Pretty much to both observations up there^ I'd post a W pic for comedic effect but it's too much work on the ipad.

mr pine
Vintage Newbie

tahruh wrote:
Yeah! And what's the coke stereotype? Energetic a$$hole? Sounds about right in the business world! Wink

coke was huge in the 80s with country musicians. it was their drug of choice.

rosanna cash loved the stuff.

it seems people who are on the go like the coke.
pot is for those that want to relax.
you cant relax on coke, no matter how hard you try.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

@Wil

@Pine
Coke was huge in the 80s, period! My mom was telling me how a lot of her childhood friends who were first year residents* were all coked out of their minds while practicing. And they weren't the only ones. Meanwhile, during the Prop 19 debate, one of those talking heads was saying that pot can't be legalized because doctors and nurses were going to be stoned while operating on patients! And it wasn't Fox. That was the last time I watched cable news.
Last edited by tahruh on Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Mr. Green Love Laughing the perfect picture.

Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

No drugs, never was interested.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

Well I've been away camping for a few days and came back to find a beer, sweets, and love thread along with this and the meat thread full of interesting views! I love the LC Smile This has gone about as I envisioned it. Definitely expected most people to vote for "Never entered my lungs." Oh LC, you're so innocent. Wink And definitely expected the regulars to have some good discussion going.

vivalaspopie wrote:
I think that pot probably is easy for a lazy person to consume often since they already don't plan on doing much. Same with watching television. If you're already a bum, it doesn't matter if you're taking something that's going to slow you down.

However, a more motivated person would probably only smoke on weekends or nights when they don't have a lot to do. What I mean to say is that lazy people are probably inclined to latch onto the stoner lifestyle and not vice versa.

I suppose I could be wrong, but I feel like I've know a fair share of both productive and unproductive potheads.

My thoughts exactly. I don't think that weed necessarily makes people lazy, I just think a lot of lazy people become stoners. They're gonna be lazy regardless. Now, once a stoner, it's probably more difficult for those lazy people to change their lazy ways. But if not weed, they'd probably just find another excuse to not get a job and sit on their asses all day. On the flip side, most of the stoners I'm friends with hold down jobs and can support themselves and their, let's call it, "leisurely activity." Now, the reason that most of the stoners I'm friends with fit that bill is probably more a product of the people that I just generally choose to associate myself with, and not a good indication of stoners in general. I do know a lot more, mostly from my crappy hometown (it's like a black hole, if you don't get out of that town after high school you're probably gonna end up not doing much with your life) that are the typical lazy stoner. But, like was the original point, I don't think it's the weed that makes them lazy. There are other factors.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>