12%  [ 1 ]
Pipes
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 8

mr pine
Vintage Newbie

Why not tobacco too?

I dont like cigarettes or chew. but i love cigars.

i smoked a nub a few months ago, knocked me out.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
Last edited by mr pine on Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

I quit smoking tobacco pipes a couple months before I got pregnant because I didn't like what it did to my throat. (Yes, I know how to properly smoke pipes, but there was still a major physical effect every time I did.) I still miss it occasionally, especially the butterscotch tobacco I used to get in Tennessee. So tasty! And the gourmet tobacconist in my town does a line of Tolkien-inspired aromatics, of which "Shortcut to Mushrooms" is by far the most sublime. The first draw after lighting tastes exactly like mushrooms sauteed in butter.

I have smoked a couple cigars on occasion, which were a bit too harsh for me, but I do like the taste of straight tobacco so it was a relatively pleasant experience. Same goes for cigarettes my friends rolled themselves--the tobacco is less processed, and of course there's no filter.

And at a friend's party, the birthday boy shared a pack of proper pre-ban Djarums he'd been saving, which got me interested in cloves. Djarums are technically cigars now so as to get past the law against additives (which is the stupidest thing ever, considering it's cloves and not chemically-synthesized menthol). There was a time last year when I'd buy a pack and it would last me two months because I savored them so much.

I haven't really missed smoking during my pregnancy, though there are times when I do miss my pipe collection.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

No tobacco for me.

Who's gonna make the sex thread now? Might as well, right?

tahruh
Vintage Newbie

I smoked cigarettes when I was 14/15. My main supplier was my 18 year old neighbor who was also an exchange student. She went back to Mexico and I was becoming aware of its negative effects, anyway, so that was that!
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

golly_sandra wrote:

We should just rename this forum Vice City. Wink

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Male.

Ha ha i was too slow.

Tobacco. My gpa chewed, it was disgusting.
My mom & stepdad smoked until it became life threatening. Second hand smoke is disgusting.

I have never so much as considered lighting a cigarette.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
Male.

http://instantrimshot.com/

here are those cigars i was talking about. they are great. and powerful

http://studiotobac.com/blog/?page_id=77

and cigarettes are nothing compared to cigars. it is almost a shame to compare the two.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

golly_sandra wrote:

I think John made one once, but it didn't last long. Laughing

It's funny, though, because anytime anything sexual is brought up here, it feels a bit perverse, despite the actual subject matter usually being quite tame (comparatively), and personally being largely sex-positive in my philosophies.

Not sure LC is ready for that debate!
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Maybe cause it opens the door for mingling said subject & Eisley in that discussion. for such a thing to beon this board woud be the definition of tactless.

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

Where's the option for hookah?! It's my personal favorite. Starbuzz's Blue Mist is divine.
Lost at Forum

I've smoked cigarettes on occasion, but I could count the number I've smoked in my entire life on both hands and still have fingers left. Really, the only time I've ever smoked cigarettes is when I'm really drunk and someone offers me one. But that doesn't happen much.

I used to smoke hookah with some friends, but they've graduated, and I haven't done it since.

My old roommate dipped all the time and it was the nastiest thing.

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

vivalaspopie wrote:
Where's the option for hookah?! It's my personal favorite. Starbuzz's Blue Mist is divine.

I stopped smoking hookah after I got bronchitis from sharing it. Sad Apple was my favorite flavor.

Smokemonster
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
Maybe cause it opens the door for mingling said subject & Eisley in that discussion. for such a thing to beon this board woud be the definition of tactless.
I don't think discussing whether or not we live in a repressed or oversexed society would evoke Eisley in any way... By that logic, any thread would, and in that context, some would be much worse.

LC and sweets are the better match, though.
norad
Vintage Newbie

If I remember correctly Garron and Weston were smoking tobacco pipes outside of the venue in KC during the Mild Mild Midwest Tour. (Maybe Andrew remembers)
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

tahruh wrote:
wilsmith wrote:
I don't think discussing whether or not we live in a repressed or oversexed society would evoke Eisley in any way... By that logic, any thread would, and in that context, some would be much worse.

LC and sweets are the better match, though.

I just meant sex in general. And as far as society being repressed or overly sensualized, it would be really easy for someone to talk about how that does or doesn't play into eisley's image as a band, and from there it can go into whether image & reality match up etc. Etc. Etc. Tacky is only the beginning.

Ironcally it was trendy to hear sermons bout romance & keeping things fresh on the regular over the last 8 years at the churches I attended n fesponse to the marraige crisis that was percieved, so approached discretely, it's not taboo. Hck it was discussed here in threads that never got locked as far as i recall. The subject just tnds to get too personal, and regretable real quick. I think threads about family could get eqully touchy for folks.

Now, if we treated beer & herb threads like the handwriting thread and folks posted as they drank &/ or smoked, well i'm sure they'd end up equally regretable.

goto page
 | next >>