12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Pipes
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 8

Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

I don't smoke. I don't like to be around smoke of any kind but I've been buried in smoke more than not it seems.. family, bars, dragons and so forth.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

norad wrote:
If I remember correctly Garron and Weston were smoking tobacco pipes outside of the venue in KC during the Mild Mild Midwest Tour. (Maybe Andrew remembers)

Yep, they were. I remember that quite well, actually.

I used to smoke... before I was a teen. Seriously. Got started on it really early on. Luckily, it didn't stick. My brother and sister did, too, only, my sister and I found out later my brother never actually did. He put it to his mouth and blew out. He never inhaled it. He was the reason we started, too. Gotta love big brothers and getting you to do stuff they'd never actually do, but pretend to do so you'll do it.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
guitarfreak217
Vintage Newbie

I can't vote in the poll due to a penchent for pipe smoke. Sad
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

guitarfreak217 wrote:
I can't vote in the poll due to a penchent for pipe smoke. Sad

i added it.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

I've used all 4, but my vote is for cigars because it's the first tobacco product I ever used, and the only one I still regularly use. I love a good cigar now and then. Probably about one a month, so not many really, but they're a very nice treat. I've smoked pipes, but never really gotten into them much, although I could see that being something I pick up later in life. I smoked cigs for a year, but I've been cigarette free for 3 years now (actually, 3 years on Sept. 21st) and I don't plan on ever returning to those. Aaaaaand, I recently took up chewing on occasion, haha. But I haven't ever even bought any of my own, it's just like a once in a blue moon kind of thing. Usually I'm gonna be out in the country for that one, haha.

I do love cigars, though.

Great, now you all know that I love beer, cigars, and smoke a little bit of cannabis. I can just feel the judgement coming at me from all directions. But I also enjoy eating good and healthy food, going on runs (had a wonderful morning run yesterday on the Pacific Crest Trail), and playing sports or enjoying other physical activities, so I guess it all balances out, right? Wink Laughing
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Cigar + Weed = Blunts. Makes sense to me. Laughing
If you weren't in Portland, I'd expect you to start talking about 40s, instead of micro-breweries. Mr. Green

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

Blunts are disgusting. My friend in Eugene who smokes a lot of weed, whom I generally smoke with when I do (let me reiterate it isn't THAT often), usually vaporizes it, which is the way to go. And he's a super beer/weed snob. Only the best! Laughing

I think Portlanders in general just like/are used to high quality stuff, whether it be food (Portland is a rising city for culinary arts, lots of fantastic restaurants, and also one of the best food cart cities in the world), alcohol (lots of wonderful local breweries AND wineries), or weed. Laughing
johnip
Vintage Newbie

Where's the Disgustomundo option? I can't believe anyone smokes in this day and age. Evil or Very Mad
Vintage Newbie

johnip wrote:
Where's the Disgustomundo option? I can't believe anyone smokes in this day and age. Evil or Very Mad

Yeah, doing stuff you find pleasurable even though it's dangerous is just absurd!

Pine could have included an "I don't smoke" option, but since the title of the thread is "Tobacco," he probably didn't figure people would post here unless they smoke.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

Dang, I thought this was gonna be about Tobasco and I was all like HELLZ YEAH!
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

uncreative wrote:
Blunts are disgusting. My friend in Eugene who smokes a lot of weed, whom I generally smoke with when I do (let me reiterate it isn't THAT often), usually vaporizes it, which is the way to go. And he's a super beer/weed snob. Only the best! Laughing
Hey, Nas got his first piece of ass smokin' blunts with hash! If it's good enough for him... Just kidding, they're totally gross.

Vaporizing is the healthiest way, so one would think I'd be more into it, but I'm pretty white bread on that front. Plus, vaporizers aren't cheap, and I'm not that authentic of a stoner. That being said, everyone should totally vape a high grade strain and/or strains at least once in their lives. Do you hear that, Pine? Wink

@GrainThrowa
Make a thread!! There is so little that Tabasco sauce can't enrich!!! I could have such a serious, in-depth conversation about hot sauces... Kinda Embarassed.
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

tahruh wrote:
uncreative wrote:
Hey, Nas got his first piece of ass smokin' blunts with hash! If it's good enough for him... Just kidding, they're totally gross.

Vaporizing is the healthiest way, so one would think I'd be more into it, but I'm pretty white bread on that front. Plus, vaporizers aren't cheap, and I'm not that authentic of a stoner. That being said, everyone should totally vape a high grade strain and/or strains at least once in their lives. Do you hear that, Pine? Wink

They are definitely NOT cheap. Just his portable vaporizer (that looks like a walkie talkie for disguise, haha) cost him $100. A volcano vape is like $500. You'd have to fully commit to being a stoner to spend that much money on one... that's why it's good to know someone who has already made that choice and is super generous with his stuff/weed. Laughing
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

This reminds me...

A wise man once told me "Don't support another man's habit."

Just know that when you support Weed, you support the proliferation of habitual incense abuse.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

Garron has a smoking problem.

No lighter.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
Congratulations
Sea Post King

None of the above for me. I smoked for about seven years and then quit in November of 1997 for health reasons. The only thing I really miss about it was taking the time to step outside. I rarely smoked inside, so it was kind of nice to be outdoors for a few minutes every night before bed in the rain, snow, or just the quiet air. It was a fun excuse to socialize with random people, too.

Other than that I haven't looked back, though I do have dreams about smoking once in a blue moon.
Joined: 31 Dec 2007 | Posts: 335 | Location: Northern Virginia

<< prev | goto page