Laughing City
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

I mentioned in the tour date thread, that I took pictures for a SacPress article about the Macy's show in Sacramento.

So... here it is: http://www.sacramentopress.com/headline/56850/Interview_with_Eisley_at _Macys_Arden_Fair_Ma

It was a little nerve-wracking, because I didn't get to choose or edit the photos. I literally gave Amabelle the photos I took straight off the camera, minutes after the interview ended, and let her choose the ones she wanted to use. I had the wrong lens, no flash, and I have absolutely no training on photography. I think that's pretty evident in the photos, haha!

All of the self deprecation is in response to some nasty comments I've received on facebook/twitter. Some 'friends' who are into photography will say "You know owning a camera doesn't make you a photographer, right?", and similar, meaner, things. I feel a lot of pressure now when I post stuff, and I feel the need to make disclaimers, which is stupid! I should just post whatever the heck I want and not care what people think, right? Oh well. Self consciousness is my nature. Smile

I have no affiliation with SacPress or the author, who I met seconds before taking pictures for her. I'm really curious to hear your thoughts, I'm pretty sure there are a few spots in the article that y'all are going to jump on. Laughing Keep in mind Amabelle does this for free, and she's not an Eisley fan, (or at least she wasn't before the show).

Also, I can't post this without mentioning the video at the bottom.
If I could do it over again, I would have taken the video for poor Amabelle, who was trying to take video with one hand, while trying to conduct an interview that she just found out she was doing! (Plus, the video on my camera is much better than the video on her iPhone.)

I'd say this was a fun learning experience for me. Laughing

The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

decent. though

Quote:

Their latest release of the “The Valley” EP in March of 2011 met with positive reviews although it has been criticized for focus on love and broken relationships a contrast to their original whimsical style and fantastic imagery of their 2005 debut “Room Noises”.

seems to be lifted off of what i wrote on wikipedia months ago.

hahaha, no big deal though.

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

At the size they are in the article the pictures look lovely! Stacy is getting her Diva on Laughing

I think the thing you see as a point of contention is "the Vally EP" Embarassed Besides that it was a matter of fact read that cut to the quick about everything. For the un-indoctrinated that's a solid cliff-notes version of the band up till this point. I'll have to watch the video later..

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

I watched the video a few days ago and it's... awkward. I'm just gonna say it. It's not terrible, it's just really awkward and you can tell.

@Cyn

The pictures are really good for not being edited. I follow you on Instagram (I feel like a creeper when I say I'm following someone on a site.) and you take great pictures. Your friends are douchebags. Jk ...kind of.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
johnip
Vintage Newbie

Pics look fine on my phone. What is someone who takes photographs if not a photographer? Sounds like someone's jealous! Razz
Vintage Newbie

Watched the video interview. I would say her phrasing and delivery of questions was unique. Is it just me, or does she have a bit of an accent?

They were good in their responses. I am always going to feel odd when they have to answer questions about Stacy's album while working their record and upcoming Ep. That always feels a little tacky.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Last edited by wilsmith on Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
JBaker
Vintage Newbie

Eek... That was some of the worst writing I have ever read.
I could hardly get through it. Not just disjointed, but chock-full of grammatical errors too. Does the Sacramento Press have an editor?

As for your input, the pictures look good.

Update: Just watched the video.
And umm... well... Yeah...

cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

Laughing The video is beyond awkward. I think that the writer is a sweetheart, and I know she was unprepared for the interview, but that doesn't make the video any better. Laughing

Thanks for the kind words about the photography. I'm pretty hard on myself. If I had known how amateur the article was going to be, I wouldn't have stressed so much about it.

Sacramento Press is a site where anybody can create an account and start posting articles. I'm sure the editing is left to the poster. I think English is not Amabelle's first language, and she does this for free. She was a really nice lady, too. I think with some constructive criticism, practice, and better planning, she could really improve! Smile

The only part that irked me, really, was when she called the Rhodes a "keyboard". Laughing

I could probably write a really funny story about that whole experience. I'll save it for my memoir. Wink

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

cynlovescandy wrote:
Some 'friends' who are into photography will say "You know owning a camera doesn't make you a photographer, right?", and similar, meaner, things.

While I've often wanted to say such things to people I've known who received Canon Rebels for Christmas and immediately started a photography business without so much as bothering to turn off the automatic settings, your photos are awesome, and that makes you a photographer.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
nemo1
Sea Post King

"a pair of twins"? By my count, that would be 4 people.. Oh well, I've read better. Her review screamed for an editor, but if it brings Eisley a few more fans, then it's all for the good!
Dan and Sam
Golly, Poster

I thought the photos were perfectly fine - Congrats!
I really liked the twins "We Love Eisley poster" -they did a great job of making it very "Sherri-ish" Smile

norad
Vintage Newbie

I really like those photos! They are very good. Very Happy

What is it with people drawing stuff that looks like Sherri-art?
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

Thanks guys! The nice comments about the photos means a lot to me, especially coming from you guys. Embarassed Very Happy
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I'd spazz if I had to use my unedited photos. ha ha. Good job!

I don't do video often, though, so I'm fine with not watching it. Laughing

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
woman4life
Golly, Poster

Antrider.. my thought exactly! I don't want people to see my bad ones. LOL There is this amazing concert photographer who used to be on the Canon sites, and once when I mentioned something to him he posted a few stinkers for me to see. I felt a little better.

I think for not having flash, low light, being unprepared, they are pretty good. They aren't all crystal clear, but it's hard under the best circumstance to shoot in that environment and get sharp as a tack photos. One of the pics of Sherri is pretty darned good, imho. Smile SO, well done. You are braver than I. LOL

The article is basic, but good to see some Eisley love in my home town. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number