Laughing City
Caley
Lost at Forum

I dig it. It gives me Marathon vibes, only better because the mix is superior and I prefer Stacy's voice. And going off of on that, Stacy's voice actually fits really nice with the pop/chillwave genre. I wouldn't mind if she wanted to do that with her solo album (although, I know she won't).
Marina
Sea Post King

I'm in love with this music
tungsten
Sea Post King

I LOVE IT!!! Reminds me of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYbzW-6tvIM
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

Caley wrote:
I dig it. It gives me Marathon vibes, only better because the mix is superior and I prefer Stacy's voice. And going off of on that, Stacy's voice actually fits really nice with the pop/chillwave genre. I wouldn't mind if she wanted to do that with her solo album (although, I know she won't).

It does sound quite a bit like Marathon. Good connection.

Vintage Newbie

tungsten wrote:
I LOVE IT!!! Reminds me of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYbzW-6tvIM

Same here - I was searching my brain trying to recall this song. And I was going to suggest that more ears on here need to hear the Ronettes & Phil Spector's Wall of Sound recordings to make proper comparisons! In a similar vein, Stacy is a big Motown fan so this glimpse of a direction is exciting. Although the people who attended her secret show didn't give me the impression those songs sounded like this one. Still, even with these pieces of circumstantial evidence it's hard to think her solo work will be anything but wonderful.

grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

I extracted the mp3 audio preserving its original 112 kbps so here it is with a suitably cryptic name since I don't know whether they'd want it posted online for anyone to find. But hopefully they make an exception for LCitizens Smile

Stacy DuPree & Jeremy Larson - Red Velvet Autumn 2011 (160 kbps).mp3

Last edited by grain thrower on Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
juan_diego
Sea Post King

grain thrower wrote:
I extracted the mp3 audio preserving it's original 112 kbps so here it is with a suitably cryptic name since I don't know whether they'd want it posted online for anyone to find. But hopefully they make an exception for LCitizens Smile

Stacy DuPree & Jeremy Larson - Red Velvet Autumn 2011.mp3

I may or may not be dancing around like a damn fool.

norad
Vintage Newbie

Not to out do you but here's the MP3 in 320kbps: www.strangeyellowpatterns.com/news/514-red-velvet-lookbook-fall-2011 Wink

I had the video on my computer but forgot to upload the MP3 till now. Laughing
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

norad wrote:
Not to out do you but here's the MP3 in 320kbps: www.strangeyellowpatterns.com/news/514-red-velvet-lookbook-fall-2011 Wink

So you extracted the song from the video just like grain thrower did, but instead of keeping it at 112, you converted it "up" to 320kbps? Confused

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
norad
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
norad wrote:

So you extracted the song from the video just like grain thrower did, but instead of keeping it at 112, you converted it "up" to 320kbps? Confused

Um...yes. I have no idea what the original bit rate is. That's just how I always convert video to MP3. Sorry?... Cool
johnip
Vintage Newbie

Well, you're just adding fake bits in there wasting valuable hard drive space! Wink
Vintage Newbie

Oh no! I've been doing it wrong all this time! Laughing
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

norad wrote:
Saellys wrote:
norad wrote:

Um...yes. I have no idea what the original bit rate is. That's just how I always convert video to MP3. Sorry?... Cool

Basically what John said. It doesn't mean it's actually better quality than grain thrower's--just a larger file size. I get what you're saying though--I wouldn't have known what the original bitrate was either.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
norad wrote:
Saellys wrote:
norad wrote:

Basically what John said. It doesn't mean it's actually better quality than grain thrower's--just a larger file size. I get what you're saying though--I wouldn't have known what the original bitrate was either.

Yep, the bitrate for the standard def stream is only 112 kbps, and it sounds like Nora's method involved some recompression which would slightly degrade the quality. Not to mention create a bulky, cumbersome, fat-leaden, high-cholesterol file Razz Wink

I noticed there is an HD stream and this discussion made me wonder whether it has a higher quality audio? BAM!! Yes indeed ladies & gents, at a much tastier 160 kbps, so I have uploaded that one here (and redirected the link in the previous post.) Sorry to have caused an extra 20 seconds of hassle by making you DL it twice, haha. Enjoy!

Stacy DuPree & Jeremy Larson - Red Velvet Autumn 2011 (160 kbps).mp3

The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

i'm interested to hear the stuff stacy just recorded for the ep

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand