Laughing City
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

Guys, we've waited so long for each release to come out, I'd think we'd be use to waiting by now . Lol.

Only joking of course

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

so true... so true. To have a turnaround time from The Valley to the Winter Ep of anything short of a full year would be kind of ridiculously rapid... unless of course we count the Eisley Family Christmas EP as a release, if so there were only 3 months between it and The Valley. Wink

So, technically, there is a precedent for ridiculously rapid releases, albeit the Family Christmas EP was almost like a seasonal sneak attack special surprise.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
juan_diego
Sea Post King

With everything that happened with the LONG wait for the release of The Valley, and seeing as how, according to Sherri's tweet, the EP is pretty much mastered I don't think we should be worried about having to wait too much longer. Also Boyd got to work on the packaging pretty much immediately after the release of The Valley.
danieldugdale
Sea Post King

I miss you Eisley, I wish you could come back into my life.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

The Man In The Moon wrote:
Guys, we've waited so long for each release to come out, I'd think we'd be use to waiting by now

This. And I'm not joking.

I'm just glad Eisley got to record it their way without having to worry about a battle over the rights to the songs after it was finished, and they were kind enough to play a few songs for us at shows. Relax, people; go listen to some other Eisley songs to fill the time. That's how you keep Eisley in your life.

Don't cry for them, Laughing City. The truth is they never left you.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

Slightly off topic, is there a general feeling around here that more people have latched onto Lights Out or One Last Song? I feel like Lights Out has gotten more attention, but One Last Song is definitely the stand out track for me.
Vintage Newbie

vivalaspopie wrote:
Slightly off topic, is there a general feeling around here that more people have latched onto Lights Out or One Last Song? I feel like Lights Out has gotten more attention, but One Last Song is definitely the stand out track for me.

From the live videos I've watched I don't like Light Out at all and love One Last Song. Cool I didn't like Sad when I saw live videos or heard it live but I ended up liking it after The Valley was released.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Short Version:

Lights Out=Rad
One Last Song=Cool

both=excellent (to me)

Long Version:

My impression has been that people have come out for both about equally. I think Lights Out has been more polarizing. I don't recall one negative word about One Last Song while there have been some "not feelin' it" reactions to Lights Out, starting with the first person on here to mention hearing it live prior to all the tour vids springing up.

I like both, but my response to Lights Out reflects my predisposition towards music I can break the speed limit to, it's a song you Buzz. One Last Song is one of those deep-in-the-cut zone-out songs that you can cruise to (at least the latter half). The change up to that part is the Shocked part because it's such a good groove that's a departure from the spare lullaby-type verses that precede it. But once the Shocked of the change-up subsides, my tendency is to revel in the Cool of that groove. It's equally strong impression as my reaction to Lights Out but of a different nature altogether.

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

I almost got the impression that people were very into "One Last Song" and half and half for "Lights Out."

I know personally, I like both, but I've definitely listened to "Lights Out" a lot more and can "feel" for it a bit more. I'm waiting until I hear the album version before I play out either one. I do like the directions of both of the songs and how while they tell a definite story, it can be relatable to several life situations.
pzy
Wookie Luke

So, I've been here a long time. I don't post as prolifically as some of the (awesome) regulars here, but you probably see my name under "logged in" most of the time.

I can say without a doubt that this EP has the best new Eisley material I've heard since I fell in love with them 8 years ago. That's not to discount the other EPs or albums - every new song/EP/album I've heard has contained growth and showed Eisley evolving into a better band.

Simply put, I believe this EP to be a few generations ahead of The Valley, and I loved that album.

I think you're all going to enjoy it. One Last Song is my new favorite Eisley track, and I'm dying to hear ALL these new songs live. Killer!

tahruh
Vintage Newbie

pzy wrote:

I can say without a doubt that this EP has the best new Eisley material I've heard since I fell in love with them 8 years ago.
Very Happy

It does sound super promising.

And I like Lights Out a lot, but maybe One Last Song just a little more.

juan_diego
Sea Post King

For me Light's Out and One Last song are equally pleasing. I love them both but, on somedays I like one just a little more than the other; depending on my mood. I can't wait to hear the studio versions, and of course that one remaining Stacy song that we don't even know the name of yet!
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

pzy wrote:
I can say without a doubt...

Well, to you I guess it is the Fall EP. I'll try not to be envious, after all absence makes the heart grow fonder...

Crying or Very sad

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:

Don't cry for them, Laughing City. The truth is they never left you.

Laughing

<< prev | goto page