48%
 48%  [ 16 ]
Other???
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 33

johnip
Vintage Newbie

We've gone entirely too long without a poll on bathroom habits, and I've been thinking.

I dry off standing in the shower (with the water off of course). I start at the top and work my way down to the first foot, step out onto the rug and dry the other foot before it hits the floor.

Sometimes it looks like my brother takes his shower while standing on the rug. Mad

How bout y'all?

Laughing Citizen

In the shower.
It's warmer in there.

I start with my hair...
then my shoulders and arms...
then my back and chest...
then one leg at a time (propped up on the ledge of the tub)...
then the naughty bits...

Then I exit the shower, blowdry my hair and whatever else is still a tad bit wet, and put on my clothes that are just outside of the bathroom.
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

don't u get pee on ur feet if you dry off in the shower? do u blowdry ur anus?

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
olimario
Laughing Citizen

hahaha i pee directly into the drain
and sometimes i'll blowdry my butt, yes
Sprocket
Vintage Newbie

Fully-body blowdry... back in the day, left that behind me when everyone started talkin' about the environment and I got the guilts.

I miss my weird little kid bathroom habits. Being wrapped up in a towel laid alongside the bath like a grub; standing up against the wall radiator with a towel over my face; showering in the dark staring at the red shower light in intense meditation. I should get back into those. I basically invented a form of bathroom Buddhism when I was 8.

golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

olimario wrote:
hahaha i pee directly into the drain
and sometimes i'll blowdry my butt, yes

what is this forum turning into? lol

anyway, i dry off out of the shower. i try not to make it seem like i showered standing on the rug, but it's not like it matters since no one else uses my bathroom but me.

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Great topic timing; I just took a shower. Usually I towel off my feet first and step out onto the bathmat, but this time I dried off entirely in the shower. The curtain was open, though, because I hate brushing up against it or getting the towel damp that way.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ync
Golly, Poster

out of the shower

i try to get off all the excess water on me in the shower - wring my hair and stuff

that and ever since we gave our cat a bath - when he accidentally took the drain cover off all his hair went down and now our drain has been clogged for like 2 months (too lazy to call the plumber....again) so by the time i'm finished with my shower i'm up to my ankles in water....don't want to be in there anymore

You misunderstood. I used that emoticon to show people what they'd look like after I stab them in the eye.

Wink
freakinalex
Lost at Forum

I'll usually stand in the shower for a few moments to drip-dry a bit. Then I get out and dry off with a towel.
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

rarely do I shower...

i usually take baths. and i even wash my hair in the tub. the tub is like my office. I do most of my reading, writting, surfing, while in the bath. you jelly?

but i do dry off outside of the bath. unless it is really cold then i stay in the warmth of the tub

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
sebas
Golly, Poster

I basically do the same thing johnip does. I really hate it when the mat is wet, so I dry my feet off before I put 'em down.

I also make sure to assign one side of the towel for my face and one side of the towel for the pelvis area. I don't care if any of the rest of my body is dried by either side, I just want to dry my face and junk off with different areas. I know everything is probably equally clean, but I guess I'm weird like that.

-Mahatma, Gandhi
olimario
Laughing Citizen

Baths are disgusting. You're basically stewing in your own filth.
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

I literally put my phone down after Nowhere Man's post, picked it back up and read Olimario's second one and then put it back down. Laughing

Eventually came back, obviously...

Pine, I'm so glad to know you take baths. Laughing

I have to get out and grab the towel because of where the rack is, so I'm not going to get back in the shower to dry off. Although, it is very annoying and I'm usually cold, but I turn on the little heater for a few minutes, anyway (even in the middle of summer). I will not share my drying routine, although it is exceedingly normal.

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

olimario wrote:
Baths are disgusting. You're basically stewing in your own filth.

I don't know how filthy you let yourself get between showers, but baths are pretty much the best.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

Dry outside of shower, after drip drying for about 10 seconds inside the shower. Towel hits these areas in this order, every time: Hair, face, chest/stomach, junk, left side/arm, right side/arm, front of right leg, front of left leg, back of left leg, back of right leg, back, and I save the bum for last.

EDIT: Just took a shower and realized I need to make a couple amendments to my order. First I do a dab of the face, then hair, then back to the face for a more thorough drying. Also, right side/arm before the left side/arm.